Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is wrong with medium armor?

festher
festher
✭✭
No matter how much resistance i stack, every time i enter BG in medium armor i am pissed on by casters. Just thrown around like nothing. But when i try light armor classes i can take a serious beating. Shouldnt light be light mitigation, medium being medium mitigation and heavy ... i havent tried heavy.

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    No matter how much resistance i stack, every time i enter BG in medium armor i am pissed on by casters. Just thrown around like nothing. But when i try light armor classes i can take a serious beating. Shouldnt light be light mitigation, medium being medium mitigation and heavy ... i havent tried heavy.

Too much undodgeable crap in the game and dodge roll has been nerfed to almost uselessness unless paired with another mechanic which sadly stamblade has the best in the form of cloak. Even then magicka still can do insane damage from range and tank damage almost as good as heavy in close range.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casters have a ranged advantage meaning on average they take less damage in group situations because they can free cast from range. they can Target and attack you but you can't attack them giving them the illusion of being able to take more damage. They also have damage shields that allow them to take a few hits when you get to them before the reposition and begin to attack you again from range.

If you are able to apply consistent damage to light armor they will generally melt very easily. The problem is that's only really feasible 1v1 if you slot a gap closer (everyone that has access to a gap closer should slot one) or if you outnumber your opponent. This is why I always say light is better for dueling and bg's while medium is better for outnumbered open world PvP.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light Armor gives 4884 Spell Penetration in its last passive.
    Medium Armor does not give 4884 Physical Penetration, in any passive.

Honestly, Light and Medium armor should be 1:1 mirror in their strength bonus differences.
    E.g. Medium Armor gets a measly 14% Weapon Damage increase. Give Light Armor a 14% Spell Damage increase.
    Light Armor gives 4884 Spell Penetration. Give Medium Armor 4884 Physical Penetration. Etc...
    Obviously keep the sneaking-speed for Medium and the sprinting-speed for Light, as-is.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett might be worth checking out, internally. Before you ruin any other class/weapon ability passives and skill lines. Take a Look at Medium and Light armor passives, and BALANCE those first to 1:1 mirror/ratio, with Light giving Spell/Magic and Medium giving Weapon/Physical. It's not rocket science.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last thing medium needs is extra pen, be careful what you wish for .
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given all the current invincible, unkillable, permablock shield Sorc, DK, Templar, and Necro tank builds in PvP?
    Yeah, uh, no, I don't think so. Lol. :lol:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 17, 2019 7:22PM
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dot meta will tear up anything now, specially medium armor wich doesnt have much in terms of healing or tanking

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also helps to realize, your not going to be all things against all opponents. Some are going to exploit your weaknesses, some are going to exploited by you. Play to your strengths, and compensate for your weakness. Shuffle in the Medium Armor skill line can help more than you would think.

You will need to adjust your tactics based on the enemy you are facing. @thankyourat gave some good examples.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    try heavy, it wont make any difference in no cp, the dot dmg is simply too high, only way to outheal 3-4 entropy/soul trap dots on you is to have a personal healbot lol..
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly, Light and Medium armor should be 1:1 mirror in their strength bonus differences.
    E.g. Medium Armor gets a measly 14% Weapon Damage increase. Give Light Armor a 14% Spell Damage increase.
    Light Armor gives 4884 Spell Penetration. Give Medium Armor 4884 Physical Penetration. Etc...
    Obviously keep the sneaking-speed for Medium and the sprinting-speed for Light, as-is.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett might be worth checking out, internally. Before you ruin any other class/weapon ability passives and skill lines. Take a Look at Medium and Light armor passives, and BALANCE those first to 1:1 mirror/ratio, with Light giving Spell/Magic and Medium giving Weapon/Physical. It's not rocket science.

Only problem is that spell damage and weapon damage aren't equal by design of the game. It would actually have to be a % of max magicka for it to positively affect every LA build out there instead of a few. And doing that would only make the exact builds you are complaining about stronger. In fact, it is the idea of mag and stam having complete set counterparts that is creating this problem in the first place (Alfiq, Bright-Throat), and your solution is more mirroring?
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given all the current invincible, unkillable, permablock shield Sorc, DK, Templar, and Necro tank builds in PvP?

If you’re fighting tanks that do no damage then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s the first type of person a small scaler ignores.

With the amount of weapon damage a stam user is able to accumulate they already have a high amount of effective weapon power. You can already achieve over 20k pen as a stam character. Giving medium armor that passive is almost the equivalent of giving them an extra major fracture.

I say this as a person who only plays in medium..

Edited by BaiterOfZergs on August 17, 2019 7:35PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Only problem is that spell damage and weapon damage aren't equal by design of the game. It would actually have to be a % of max magicka for it to positively affect every LA build out there instead of a few. And doing that would only make the exact builds you are complaining about stronger. In fact, it is the idea of mag and stam having complete set counterparts that is creating this problem in the first place (Alfiq, Bright-Throat), and your solution is more mirroring?

So either give Medium Armor users the 4884 Physical Penetration, or remove Light Armor users 4884 Spell Penetration.
    And, Spell Penetration has nothing to do with those builds being extremely tanky. Lol.
    Penetration is an offensive stat, not a defensive one.

You are jumbling too many variables and topics together.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you’re fighting tanks that do no damage then I don’t know what to tell you. That’s the first type of person a small scaler ignores.

With the amount of weapon damage a stam user is able to accumulate they already have a high amount of effective weapon power. You can already achieve over 20k pen as a stam character. Giving medium armor that passive is almost the equivalent of giving them an extra major fracture.

Well, no duh, but ignoring those invincible builds is impossible if that is the only play style one encounters, especially 1v1. You also just randomly threw 'small-scale' in there, without clarifying: Cyrodiil CP PvP, Cyrodiil no-CP PvP, Battlegrounds, etc.
    I wasn't complaining about them -- they either die or go away, eventually. It's just boring and TTK is too long. I prefer the set-Procacalypse DPS meta over invincible annoying tank meta.
    It is also way too easy to reach the Physical/Spell Resistance cap, regardless.

I say this as a person who has 10 characters on my main account (CP1068), 8 on my 2nd account (CP421), and another 1-8 characters on other alt accounts (CP421, CP283, CP167, CP162, & CP162).
    I play or have played all builds and play styles, whether or not they are 'meta' and FOTM at any given time or game update.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 17, 2019 8:06PM
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, no duh, but ignoring those invincible builds is impossible if that is the only play style one encounters, especially 1v1. You also just randomly threw 'small-scale' in there, without clarifying: Cyrodiil CP PvP, Cyrodiil no-CP PvP, Battlegrounds, etc.
    I wasn't complaining about them -- they either die or go away, eventually. It's just boring and TTK is too long. I prefer the set-Procacalypse DPS meta over invincible annoying tank meta.
    It is also way too easy to reach the Physical/Spell Resistance cap, regardless.

I say this as a person who has 10 characters on my main account (CP1068), 8 on my 2nd account (CP421), and another 1-8 characters on other alt accounts (CP421, CP283, CP167, CP162, & CP162).
    I play or have played all builds and play styles, whether or not they are 'meta' and FOTM at any given time or game update.

Ok
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So either give Medium Armor users the 4884 Physical Penetration, or remove Light Armor users 4884 Spell Penetration.
    And, Spell Penetration has nothing to do with those builds being extremely tanky. Lol.

Can you read? Also, why exactly would medium keep 15% damage and light lose penetration but gain nothing?

Lastly, what about "tanky builds" where exactly did I mention that?

EDIT: oops, forgot it was 15% now, even better...
    Edited by Kadoin on August 17, 2019 9:11PM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you read? Also, why exactly would medium keep 15% damage and light lose penetration but gain nothing?

"And doing that would only make the exact builds you are complaining about stronger."

Can you read? Who's complaining? What builds? Again, all I see are your baseless words with no direct meaning or examples attached.

Like I said previously,
    Light armor gets 4884 Spell Penetration and Medium Armor gets 15% Weapon Damage. That is unbalanced and uneven.

The thread's topic is regarding: "What is wrong with medium armor?" Those 2 passives' stat differences are what is wrong.
    Light Armor gets 5k Spell Penetration and Medium Armor gets 15% Weapon Damage.
    It should be made even, a 1:1 ratio. Just like every armor set and everything else that is becoming standardized and uniform in ZOS's ability 'audits.'
    Bone Pirate and Bright-Throat sets come to mind. Hunding's Rage and Law of Julianos sets come to mind. Etc.
    These are all 1:1 equivalent-stat mirrored sets. One is a Stamina version. One is a Magicka version.
    Light Armor is for Magicka users. Medium Armor is for Stamina users. Make their passives reflect that, then.

Want Medium Armor to perform better in comparison to Light and Heavy? Then the Medium Armor passive(s) need to be buffed AND/OR Light/Heavy passive(s) need to be nerfed. Those are literally the only options.

Give Medium Armor 5k Physical Penetration on top of the 15% Weapon Damage. Or, remove Light Armor's 5k Spell Penetration and give Light Armor 15% Spell Damage, or whatever other combination that equals out to Light and Medium having 1:1 stat ratio differences, aside from Medium Armor receiving sneak cost bonuses and Light receiving sprint cost bonuses.

Again, it's not rocket science.
    The extra stats would help with dealing with the meta invincible tank builds since damage shields and mitigation are already way over the top. Players take too much time to kill (TTK) now, more than ever before. Did you not play the game years ago in previous patches and previous metas when this was not the case?
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on August 17, 2019 10:48PM
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor is fine. My characters in medium are still performing well. Perhaps it’s time to change your build up? I’ve literally done nothing to my medium armor builds and they still perform the same. Idk man, go watch a YouTube video or something if you can’t figure it out.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    Medium armor is fine. My characters in medium are still performing well. Perhaps it’s time to change your build up? I’ve literally done nothing to my medium armor builds and they still perform the same. Idk man, go watch a YouTube video or something if you can’t figure it out.

You don't get it, he wants medium overbuffed that is all. He purposely looks at the passives in isolation. Good thing ZOS balance team is not as naive as most of the forum posters think.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭

You don't get it, he wants medium overbuffed that is all. He purposely looks at the passives in isolation. Good thing ZOS balance team is not as naive as most of the forum posters think.

Medium Armor isn't over-buffed at all. Medium Armor is currently the most under-performing of the 3 Armor types, and you are naive to think otherwise.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »

Medium Armor isn't over-buffed at all. Medium Armor is currently the most under-performing of the 3 Armor types, and you are naive to think otherwise.

With his changes it would be.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"And doing that would only make the exact builds you are complaining about stronger."

Can you read? Who's complaining? What builds? Again, all I see are your baseless words with no direct meaning or examples attached.

Like I said previously,
    Light armor gets 4884 Spell Penetration and Medium Armor gets 15% Weapon Damage. That is unbalanced and uneven.

The thread's topic is regarding: "What is wrong with medium armor?" Those 2 passives' stat differences are what is wrong.
    It should be made even, a 1:1 ratio. Just like every armor set and everything else that is becoming standardized and uniform in ZOS's ability 'audits.'
    Bone Pirate and Bright-Throat sets come to mind. Hunding's Rage and Law of Julianos sets come to mind. Etc.
    These are all 1:1 equivalent-stat mirrored sets. One is a Stamina version. One is a Magicka version.
    Light Armor is for Magicka users. Medium Armor is for Stamina users. Make their passives reflect that, then.

Want Medium Armor to perform better in comparison to Light and Heavy? Then the Medium Armor passive(s) need to be buffed AND/OR Light/Heavy passive(s) need to be nerfed. Those are literally the only options.

Give Medium Armor 5k Physical Penetration on top of the 15% Weapon Damage. Or, remove Light Armor's 5k Spell Penetration and give Light Armor 15% Spell Damage, or whatever other combination that equals out to Light and Medium having 1:1 stat ratio differences, aside from Medium Armor receiving sneak cost bonuses and Light receiving sprint cost bonuses.

The extra stats would help with dealing with the meta invincible tank builds since damage shields and mitigation are already way over the top. Players take too much time to kill (TTK) now, more than ever before. Did you not play the game years ago in previous patches and previous metas when this was not the case?

The light armor spell pen passive comes out to around a 7% damage increase. Medium weapon damage can vary but on the average build it will add around 500 weapon damage. Both will come out to around equal damage output though. No need to change either. The medium vs light passives are already balanced. If you believe light is performing better than medium (which I don’t) it means that magicka users have access to stronger abilities. On average though medium armor builds hit harder than light armor builds. It’s rare to be bursted by a light armor user. You are generally worn down. While a medium user can take you from 100 to 0. When you start to make all passives and armor have 1:1 balance you make the game stale. Medium performs better in some situations and light performs better in some situations and that’s the way it should be.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on how you are trying to play. I as a 1vXer can get a lot more out of medium armor than I could with light. The burst and mobility that medium offers is just flat out better for solo play than light armor. If I was planning on dueling I can get more out of light because in a closed controlled environment a damage shield and ranged damage will fare better because mobility is limited and a damage shield becomes really strong because the incoming damage will not likely overwhelm your damage shield like it does when you are outnumbered.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said previously,

The light armor spell pen passive comes out to around a 7% damage increase. Medium weapon damage can vary but on the average build it will add around 500 weapon damage. Both will come out to around equal damage output though. No need to change either. The medium vs light passives are already balanced. If you believe light is performing better than medium (which I don’t) it means that magicka users have access to stronger abilities. On average though medium armor builds hit harder than light armor builds. It’s rare to be bursted by a light armor user. You are generally worn down. While a medium user can take you from 100 to 0. When you start to make all passives and armor have 1:1 balance you make the game stale. Medium performs better in some situations and light performs better in some situations and that’s the way it should be.

Agree, if we will compare passives 1 to 1, both types will be close to each other. But problem here is that shields protect against everything while roll-dodge doesn't protect against channels and dots, and especially new dots. Also shields can be spammed while roll-dodge have escalating cost increase. And overall there are only few good medium sets and they are all offensive or sustain. So maybe ZOS should add some additional functionality to roll-dodge like supressing dots for 3 seconds or something like that.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would I want Medium Armor over-buffed? My name is DarkMAGE. Apparently you can't read.
    I 'purposely look at the passives in isolation.' Keep it up with the negative personal attacks to bolster your false narrative.
    Have you never heard of the Scientific Method? Experiments, Control, and Variables? You know, practically everyone was brainwashed with it, way back in K-12.

Here's a lesson for you:

Attributes: 64 into Magicka. OR, 64 into Stamina.

Hunding's Rage: Wpn Crit, Max Stam, Wpn Crit, Wpn Dmg
    Law of Julianos: Spell Crit, Max Mag, Spell Crit, Spell Dmg

Bone Pirate: Max Stam, Max Stam, Stam Rec, Drink Buff for more Max Stam & Stam Recov
    Bright-Throat: Max Mag, Max Mag, Mag Rec, Drink Buff for more Max Mag & Mag Recov

Notice the pattern, yet?

I can go on, dozens of other sets, attributes, and passives are 1:1 bonuses, with the exception of Medium Armor and Light Armor.

You have to look at the passives in 'isolation' whenever everything else cancels out equally. That's what a 1:1 ratio does.
    64 attribute points into Magicka gives the same amount as 64 attribute points into Stamina. Boom, canceled out.
    Hunding's Rage vs Julianos. Same equivalent set in equal level and item quality. Boom, canceled out. And so on.
    Everyone gets access to the same CP. Take 2 CP810 players or 2 CP160 players (any equal number). Boom, canceled out.

It literally comes down to Light & Medium Armor passives being irregular, uneven, and not 1:1.
    Nice try side-stepping that, though.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would I want Medium Armor over-buffed? My name is DarkMAGE. Apparently you can't read.
    I 'purposely look at the passives in isolation.' Keep it up with the negative personal attacks to bolster your false narrative.
    Have you never heard of the Scientific Method? Experiments, Control, and Variables? You know, practically everyone was brainwashed with it, way back in K-12.

Here's a lesson for you:

Bone Pirate: Max Stam, Max Stam, Stam Rec, Drink Buff for more Max Stam & Stam Recov
    Bright-Throat: Max Mag, Max Mag, Mag Rec, Drink Buff for more Max Mag & Mag Recov

Notice the pattern, yet?

I can go on, dozens of other sets, attributes, and passives are 1:1 bonuses, with the exception of Medium Armor and Light Armor.

You have to look at the passives in 'isolation' whenever everything else cancels out equally. That's what a 1:1 ratio does.
    64 attribute points into Magicka gives the same amount as 64 attribute points into Stamina. Boom, canceled out.
    Hunding's Rage vs Julianos. Same equivalent set in equal level and item quality. Boom, canceled out. And so on.
    Everyone gets access to the same CP. Take 2 CP810 players or 2 CP160 players (any equal number). Boom, canceled out.

It literally comes down to Light & Medium Armor passives being irregular, uneven, and not 1:1.

Except passives and even morphs of skills are not equal across the board for mag and stam, which is exactly what you ignore.

I'm sorry, I just laughed.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭

Here's a lesson for you:

Notice the pattern, yet?

Except passives and even morphs of skills are not equal across the board for mag and stam, which is exactly what you ignore.

Class Passives are equal regardless if one is Magicka or Stamina version of that class.
    A Templar has the same passives as any other Templar. The same goes with all other classes.

I'm sorry, you were saying..?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here's a lesson for you:

Notice the pattern, yet?

Class Passives are equal regardless if one is Magicka or Stamina version of that class.
    A Templar has the same passives as any other Templar. The same goes with all other classes.

So you are saying all class passives affect mag and stam equally?
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭

Here's a lesson for you:

Notice the pattern, yet?

So you are saying all class passives affect mag and stam equally?

No, I am saying that if you have all your class passives and I have all my class passives, on any class, and we are running the same build, then they are effectively the same.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭

He is talking about armor passive. and looking at them i would say light armor is much better for pvp/dps

Medium Armor

Increases your Weapon Critical rating by 328 for each piece of Medium Armor equipped.

Increases Stamina Recovery by 4% per piece of Medium Armor equipped.
    Also reduces the Stamina cost of abilities by 2% per piece of Medium Armor equipped.

Reduces the cost of sneaking by 7% per piece of Medium Armor equipped.
    Also reduces the size of your detection area by 5% per piece of Medium Armor equipped.

Increases your Weapon Damage by 15%.

Increases your Movement Speed while using Sprint by 3% and reduces the cost of Roll Dodge by 4% per piece of Medium Armor equipped.

Light Armor

Reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 4% per piece of light armor worn.
    Reduces the cost of Sprint by 3% per piece of light armor worn.

Increases your Magicka Recovery by 4% for each piece of Light Armor equipped.
    Reduces the Magicka Cost of your abilities by 2% for each piece of Light Armor equipped.

Increases your Spell Resistance by 363 for each piece of Light Armor equipped.

Increases your Spell Critical rating by 2191.

Increases your Spell Penetration by 4884.
    Edited by festher on August 18, 2019 1:59AM
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭

Here's a lesson for you:

Notice the pattern, yet?

Not true. There are class passives that clearly benefit some builds and not others.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor just lacks for any class without a serious proactive defense because stamina does not have the class heals or shields to deal with it and you’re not likely fighting at range plus with the new dots you’re just ***. An entire passive is dedicated only to stealth and heavy and light get to dip into more medium passives than medium does from heavy or light. Additionally the medium passives deal mostly with damage and evasion but that’s just not a viable playstyle in this patch except for those with the best performance on certain classes. Furthermore medium should be the most mobile armor type but it is not. Race Against Time provides way more benefits than shuffle and can be used in light as well as heavy while medium really is stuck slotting shuffle for the major evasion or blade/quick cloak. Either way you’re really stuck using two skill slots for what Race Against Time provides in one skill. It’s so broken.

I also would add that people like to break down the numbers between medium and light (again ignoring that’s light benefits from more medium passives than vice versa) but anyone with experience in this game knows that numbers almost never equate to real in game results in PvP.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 18, 2019 2:29AM