Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I unsubscribe, cannot progress because of time and family...

blairian27
Just wondering if there is anything to do to help progress when VET content doenst seem to be doable because I dont get the time. I cannot get groups for even normal content when I can play unless I move to NA and start all over again.

I love this game but over the last year I have enough time to log in, scan traders, list selling items, and then maybe a group will pop in that time.
I want to do VET as no other way to get best gear but as a father with a full time job it's just not doable... or is it?
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Join a guild. Most of the people on our endgame raid team has families and jobs, too.
  • blairian27
    Got room for one more? I am available at like 00:00 - 2:00
  • blairian27
    Join a guild. Most of the people on our endgame raid team has families and jobs, too.

Got room for an old man?
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm in a few guilds that runs trials and have limited schedules. I'm on PS4 NA. I'm not sure what your platform is.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unsub on family and full time job, eat less, donate more
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    move to NA and join one of the guilds I am in. we shall help you lol. don't leave
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blairian27 wrote: »
    Got room for one more? I am available at like 00:00 - 2:00

Look in the recruitment section of the forums. Search the guild finder. Talk to people. I expect you will be able to find something that works for you.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe, if you aren't already, you could get into housing and furnishing. It doesn't take that long and can be done bit by bit and is a lot of fun creatively. When you have those odd days of peace if that ever happens then you could spend more time doing intensive things.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the game is still a good escape and instant gratification for you from real life pressure, then take some time and just enjoy it if you can work it in. Vet content will always be there, but family grows up fast. Good luck!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering if there is anything to do to help progress when VET content doenst seem to be doable because I dont get the time. I cannot get groups for even normal content when I can play unless I move to NA and start all over again.

I love this game but over the last year I have enough time to log in, scan traders, list selling items, and then maybe a group will pop in that time.
    I want to do VET as no other way to get best gear but as a father with a full time job it's just not doable... or is it?

It's very doable. I'm in the same boat but have ticked off most stuff.

1. Join a guild. PUG life in vet stuff isn't cool. And you can organise in advance
    2. Streamline your play ensure what you are doing is worth it and fun.

You say scan traders. That gives me a whiff of inefficency. Used right the trader system shouldn't take much time, join 2-3 trader guilds and you can access them from your bank. Also onLy buy what's really rare, get in a good main guild with a crafter or learn to craft yourself. I only check traders for rare items or to find a deal to flip.

Lastly if you cant find a main guild that suits your style creat one!! You aare in a similar boat to many other players.

What platform are you?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your fam needs boundaries.

Expand your "ME TIME". At least a few hours a day should be your own. Communicate that with fam.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My opinion, if you like eso remained subbed as you get crowns per month and other perks. Play what and how you can, personally I do tons of overworld things and help new players. I work as a firefighter so 10days on 6 days off.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Noktpapilio
    Noktpapilio
    ✭✭
    Others have touched on this already, but I think if this is something you're really enjoying, keep your sub :)

It's really less than the cost of a movie ticket, and if it's keeping you happy, then why not ?
  • Todd5314
    Todd5314
    Agree with the most part. If your kids are suffering and not seeing you though, stepping back is probably a good idea. You won’t have this time again...
  • Kamarox
    Kamarox
    Yeah I agree the game will always be here when you return! Good luck