The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WOW nice scam ZOS

Lizzrdd
Lizzrdd
✭✭✭
Been a member since 2014. Right from the start, now that I purchased the new Elsweryr Expansion, I cant update or reinstall the game...really nice.
Play how you want to, not how others tell you to! Live and let Play!
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is that scam? It seems like its on your side, when you can't reinstall a game?
    also known as Overlich.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That doesn't sound like a ZOS issue. Besides, that is not much info to go on. Like, what sort of errors are you getting when trying to install?
    Either way, I would definitely give your hardware a check, make sure the problem isn't there.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing the purchase of the Elsweyr chapter does is unlock things your computer already has installed if you've been a member since 2014. No reinstall needed. No extra updates needed. Everyone playing the game downloaded Elsweyr back when it hit the live servers months ago.

If you're talking about a fresh reinstall for some reason, I can't imagine that has anything to do with whether or not you have the chapter, but who really knows. Either way, no scam here. A potential technical issue, but no scam
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds less like a scam and more like someone needs to open up a tech support ticket and maybe have a nice cold refreshing beverage while listening to some calming music.

Edit: the issue is likely with your own PC. If you communicate with your guild mates you will probably find they are not experiencing an issue. It is clear we are not either. Again, open up a ticket. Zos has this great scam where they will work with you to help figure out the issue. OMG.
    Edited by idk on August 16, 2019 10:09AM
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzrdd wrote: »
    Been a member since 2014. Right from the start, now that I purchased the new Elsweryr Expansion, I cant update or reinstall the game...really nice.

Despite the naysayers I had similar problems with ESO after the Elsweryr patch.

What is not generally disclosed by ZOS is that the patch did increase the minimum specifications for PC's to play the game.

Like the OP I re-installed the game and also removed add-ons, finally raising a Support Ticket. Nothing helped. I was getting constant lag, games crashes, and even blue screen crashes. Really unplayable.

Despite being an i7 my PC was ten years old and it was time to treat myself to a new one.

Now with a high specification PC all my troubles has gone away - that's a cue for a song?
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭

Like the OP I re-installed the game and also removed add-ons, finally raising a Support Ticket. Nothing helped. I was getting constant lag, games crashes, and even blue screen crashes.

Except the OP complained about none of these issues and literally said they can't reinstall, so it's nothing like your case. Now the reasonable thing to do would be to, I dunno, post error messages, describe the problem, maybe list some hardware, the usual thing you do when you want help or advice. Or you can claim it's all a big scam, because clearly, ZOS will make a lot more money by selling an expansion that actively breaks the game for everybody. On purpose. I see no flaw in that logic.
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the 'can't reinstall' part. Last person I saw that issue here, we figured out they were trying to install using the wrong account.

May want to double check. If you have been here that long, maybe its not the email you think it is.

:#
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Their plan is finally working. To sell an expansion to you and get your money but not have to have you on the server where they can sell you endless items in cash shop. That's exactly what they wanted.

tenor.gif?itemid=8939670

• Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    You might have been around @ the start, Where you been the last few years?
    But if your 'puter is old say; running 32 bit. enough said.
    Gert Soem!!
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭

What is not generally disclosed by ZOS is that the patch did increase the minimum specifications for PC's to play the game.

Like the OP I re-installed the game and also removed add-ons, finally raising a Support Ticket. Nothing helped. I was getting constant lag, games crashes, and even blue screen crashes. Really unplayable.

Despite being an i7 my PC was ten years old and it was time to treat myself to a new one.

Now with a high specification PC all my troubles has gone away - that's a cue for a song?

It seems to me that ZOS said from the beginning that computers need to be five years old or newer to function well. It makes sense that they would update the game accordingly.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Info is needed, they are not preventing you from installing it thus not a scam, your simply not doing something right
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Yes. Their plan is finally working. To sell an expansion to you and get your money but not have to have you on the server where

your actions degrade server performance. Yes, that IS exactly what they want.

@technohic

Fixed it for you.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on August 16, 2019 4:17PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Alpha and was able to install all up to date dlcs and expansions
  • Lizzrdd
    Lizzrdd
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so just to be clear, I uninstalled the game last year, my computer is up to spec. I hit the download button on the account page. It opened up to 99% and then said unable to use this installer, download another version of the installer. No other version of the installer available, no other information given. Seems kind of shady to me.
    Play how you want to, not how others tell you to! Live and let Play!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this will help:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34087/kw/installer

Searching for "installer" also returned a couple of other answers. If that doesn't work, submit a support ticket.

Good luck!
    The Moot Councillor
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Naysayers. I suggest you start by reading the OP then reading our posts. Heck, myself I suggested going through tech support which would be a lot more helpful than being all salty.

There is nothing in your post that seems to indicate you had the same issue and based on their salty follow up it seems even more clear that your experience is not what she is experiencing.

The OP can be as salty as they desire and toss false accusations all day long, but unless they actually seek tech support it is just a futile exercise that is all their own doing, not Zos'
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL. Does anyone ever try troubleshooting? For 6 months I had to sub to a VPN because of an issue with Verizon so I could patch the game. ZoS customer service is actually really good. Some even RP a bit while they work with you.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    LOL. Does anyone ever try troubleshooting? For 6 months I had to sub to a VPN because of an issue with Verizon so I could patch the game. ZoS customer service is actually really good. Some even RP a bit while they work with you.

Good point about using CS. Myself and probably others have suggested opening a tech support ticket which would seem more effective than salty posts.

Heck, I had a friend whos game kept crashing after a patch say. I suggested he restart the PC to which he balked as he had just patched the game so everything must be fine. Next game crash a few minutes later he restarted the PC and did not crash again.

So many of these issues like this we experience are local. They are not always as simple as restarting the PC but that is just the first step in any troubleshooting situation.
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Maybe this will help:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34087/kw/installer

Searching for "installer" also returned a couple of other answers. If that doesn't work, submit a support ticket.

Good luck!

Quoting this for visibility, as the link contained directly addresses the OP's error message.
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Good point about using CS. Myself and probably others have suggested opening a tech support ticket which would seem more effective than salty posts.

Heck, I had a friend whos game kept crashing after a patch say. I suggested he restart the PC to which he balked as he had just patched the game so everything must be fine. Next game crash a few minutes later he restarted the PC and did not crash again.

So many of these issues like this we experience are local. They are not always as simple as restarting the PC but that is just the first step in any troubleshooting situation.

I was thinking earlier that someone needed to ask the OP when was the last time that they rebooted the PC.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I was thinking earlier that someone needed to ask the OP when was the last time that they rebooted the PC.

Another good point. However, it has been suggested on the first page to use tech support. They have posted since and seemed to have glossed over all that to remain salty. So it seems they would rather complain than seek a solution.

Hopefully they are seeking help. Acknowledging their is an issue is the first step, but seeking help is required if we want things to change.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. No matter if there is a real problem that ZOS need to address with a permanent fix, until they do so there is often a temporary workaround that the player can research and implement.

However, the present generation of gamers isn't interested in troubleshooting for themselves. Last time I suggested players with a probable network problem spoke to their ISP I was told in no uncertain terms that it wasn't their job to speak to their ISP, that was down to ZOS. That said, one player did speak to his ISP, got his data re-routed, and resolved his problem.

If players are adamant that they want to do everything possible to avoid playing the game by having everything handed to them either on a plate or else through the Crown Store then it's probably not that surprising if they don't want to put any effort into actually running the game.
    Edited by Tandor on August 16, 2019 7:22PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...erm no scam detected buuut moving the magsorcs major sorcery buff to the mages guild skill line and selling it for crowns...now THAT is a scam :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove several posts for baiting and flaming, content which is against the Forum Rules. Many thanks to those helping the OP! Though if all suggestions have failed we would like to suggest creating a DxDiag file and attaching it to a support ticket, steps on creating a DxDiag can be found here. Feel free to let me know what the ticket number is and we can ensure it's routed to the appropriate team for a response!

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP.

Just to make sure it was not missed, Antonio is offering you assistance. I suggest you take them up on their offer as it has a good chance in resolving your issue.