Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are you having fun in PvP with patch 5.1.5?

• coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, and I play mostly CP-enabled PvP.
    I simply dont understand the changes. We all are forced to go dots, we dont have protective anymore and cleanse ritual now cost like a new car. Frost touch doesnt root and pirate skeleton is a non-sense now. I dont get fun just spamming dots and waiting people to die while i have to block a lot to not be eaten from a ton of dots. Meanwhile, i dont see siegue areas. Great, now i have more time for GTA XD
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Except for people who like the new influx of power to carry them, I think we can agree that SOME DoT skills are now overloaded. The two major offenders at this time are Soul Trap which is being used constantly and Entropy which is a very loaded skill that does damage comparable to Master DW + Rending Slashes (which, ironically, magicka players have been losing it over for some time). The buffs they received was just a bit over the top, I’m not sure why ZOS thought it was a good idea to simply slap on 200%+ buffs to certain skills. The biggest issue with ZOS’ skill audit is that they’re just looking at types of skills and buffing or nerfing to a standardized level without considering how they function or what other benefits they provide in comparison to skills of similar types.

Entropy does not deal similar damage compared to master DW. Almost all unmorphed, single target DoTs deal the exact same amount of dps with like stats and no passives are considered. DoTs with upfront damage have that damage calculated into their total dps. Rending does more total damage than Entropy, but it doesn't seem that way due to the direct damage taking up some of its DoT output. Masters DW rending completely outpaces entropy with like stats.

I was presently surprised when I ran the numbers. DoTs have been "balanced" and actually matter. The only annoyance I have are groups of NBs placing entropy and soul trap and then cloaking. It offers very little counter play. I hate advocating for nerfs, but that playstyle should not be strong.

Hopefully ZoS does well with the passive audit. We are in a strange transitional period, where 2/3 of the game has been changed and we are waiting on the last bit. It's like someone is making a cake, has mixed all the ingredients, and hasn't baked it yet. You can't judge the cake yet.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Sometimes it is fun. People seem to die a bit quicker because not everyone is a fury + 7th megatank with high damage anymore (still some left). It is enjoyable to suprise the opponent with a good incap bow proc combo and see them actually die instead of being saved by building as a tank or be afk healed. A lot less pet sorcs too which is also very nice

Fun quickly goes away when you encounter a fotm magplar though. Insane (dot) damage, that ridiculous bubble which gives them a afk root, stun and healing while they place multiple 1k a second dots on you. The moment you will get off your combo they still wont die because they will go to their backbar, hold block and smash their heads on the healbutton and just reset the fight and go to full health again.

Also... all the dots. Earlier i had a recap with all dots/afk damage. Multiple dots all ticking for around 1k a second and vigor healing for 4 seconds just above 1k a second.

Turn down magplar, turn down mag dk and most of all turn down dots and it could be a fun patch.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    Sometimes it is fun. People seem to die a bit quicker because not everyone is a fury + 7th megatank with high damage anymore (still some left). It is enjoyable to suprise the opponent with a good incap bow proc combo and see them actually die instead of being saved by building as a tank or be afk healed. A lot less pet sorcs too which is also very nice

Fun quickly goes away when you encounter a fotm magplar though. Insane (dot) damage, that ridiculous bubble which gives them a afk root, stun and healing while they place multiple 1k a second dots on you. The moment you will get off your combo they still wont die because they will go to their backbar, hold block and smash their heads on the healbutton and just reset the fight and go to full health again.

Also... all the dots. Earlier i had a recap with all dots/afk damage. Multiple dots all ticking for around 1k a second and vigor healing for 4 seconds just above 1k a second.

Turn down magplar, turn down mag dk and most of all turn down dots and it could be a fun patch.

Lol, u dont want to fight, u want to play Duck Hunt XD
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    going to get real interesting once nightblades figure out the old camp hunter bug is back lol.
    Or bow ult desyncs lol.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    going to get real interesting once nightblades figure out the old camp hunter bug is back lol.
    Or bow ult desyncs lol.

Well *** @No_Division. You keep advertising it, they all going to know
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    technohic wrote: »
    Or bow ult desyncs lol.

Well *** @No_Division. You keep advertising it, they all going to know

only way things get fixed lol
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    coletas wrote: »

What? When i play a stamblade i think the heavy, incap, light attack and bow proc is the most satisfying way to get a kill. If you do it will you can suprise so many players with it. No execute, no bashes..i just want the bow proc to do have the killing blow.
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

• evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    not fun getting beated by overlord nerd and magtemplar nerd
    Edited by evoniee on August 16, 2019 10:39PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it on console yet? I have only been logging in the last few weeks
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
    I was having fun maybe 2-3 patches ago?

Basically everything I liked has changed for the worse; unique skills made more homogeneous, racial passives made less distinctive, class identity watered down. Oh and the performance sucks.

There's nothing quite like this game out there, so I keep coming back like a beaten wife. But it's not what it used to be.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

What? When i play a stamblade i think the heavy, incap, light attack and bow proc is the most satisfying way to get a kill. If you do it will you can suprise so many players with it. No execute, no bashes..i just want the bow proc to do have the killing blow.

What i said... lol i suppose Major defile+20% more damage , or silence+20% more damage is not enough for a ulti between 70 and 120 for u. Tell zeni to add silence 20 seconds in 100m, root and stun. Ah, and next 2 cloaks free just in the case u still dont kill It. We should always avoid a fight, isnt It?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
    No cp is unplayable at the moment. You need a dedicated healer to outheal dots because you sure won't do it with the new vigor(0 healing from teammates).

I've never liked cyrodiil because you spend more time looking for a fight than actually fighting, but cp cyro is the only half decent pvp left. Now if only your abilities didn't go off 2 seconds late...

ESO pvp is in serious trouble. We can't go the rest of this patch without considerable changes.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.

What i said... lol i suppose Major defile+20% more damage , or silence+20% more damage is not enough for a ulti between 70 and 120 for u. Tell zeni to add silence 20 seconds in 100m, root and stun. Ah, and next 2 cloaks free just in the case u still dont kill It. We should always avoid a fight, isnt It?

What are you talking about? Where did this come from? Maybe you should make a nerf incap topic (even if the skill isnt that great atm)...
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can’t PvP right now because of the godawful performance. Ask again when they roll out some of their performance fixes.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
    At least at first day it was fun.
    And then lags, perma crashes, rollbacks in dungeons, unability to login coz stuck in cyro, hp desyncs and new exploits, economic killed by bidding bug...
  • Masshypnosis
    Yes, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
    I like the pvp at the Moment. Playing dot sorc without pet. This is amazing right now.