The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Eclipse is overperforming

• No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to say that as a magplar main I don't slot this skill, because I find it beyond clunky and I prefer my CC options to be more active and offensive, so I simply don't have the space for it, and I don't have any experience using it. But, I have played against it plenty now in BGs, and I have one major problem with this skill:

I don't know when I'm being affected by it. Now, I know it stands to reason if a templar has a black orb over them, then if I attack them I'll have negative consequences. That's great. But, in a team fight, when I use, say reflective light and hit multiple targets, and all of a sudden, without any obvious visual cues, I just stop and stand still in place, this skill has a detrimental effect on the gameplay experience.

I'm not saying this skill should be nerfed or anything, but players will become increasingly frustrated if they just keep freezing in place and don't know why. I think the lack of any real indicator of what stage of CC you're on until you're just standing still like a jerk is leading to a lot of justified criticism of how this skill works. Just my two sense tho.

on PTS things like reflective light bypassed the procs off this ability. We noted it as a bug, but so far I havent tested to see if they fixed it or kept it.

Living dark bugs:
    - channeled abilities ignore the heal/proc (overload heavy attack, resto staff, lighting heavy, jabs, flurry, etc)
    - DOTs' initial hit dmg ignore the heal proc (all dots with initial hit applied damage)
    - heal cause on first cast making your actual heal 0.5s later
    - attacks from steath ignore the heal procs.

Unstable core bugs:
    - same channeled bug
    - same DOT bug
    - cc immunity granted on target causes ability to never fire off dmg nor cc effects

Those were the main ones we found on pts and I know ive been killed by sorc overload heavy while living dark active so at least the channel one is current.
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to say that as a magplar main I don't slot this skill, because I find it beyond clunky and I prefer my CC options to be more active and offensive, so I simply don't have the space for it, and I don't have any experience using it. But, I have played against it plenty now in BGs, and I have one major problem with this skill:

I don't know when I'm being affected by it. Now, I know it stands to reason if a templar has a black orb over them, then if I attack them I'll have negative consequences. That's great. But, in a team fight, when I use, say reflective light and hit multiple targets, and all of a sudden, without any obvious visual cues, I just stop and stand still in place, this skill has a detrimental effect on the gameplay experience.

I'm not saying this skill should be nerfed or anything, but players will become increasingly frustrated if they just keep freezing in place and don't know why. I think the lack of any real indicator of what stage of CC you're on until you're just standing still like a jerk is leading to a lot of justified criticism of how this skill works. Just my two sense tho.

on PTS things like reflective light bypassed the procs off this ability. We noted it as a bug, but so far I havent tested to see if they fixed it or kept it.

Living dark bugs:
    - channeled abilities ignore the heal/proc (overload heavy attack, resto staff, lighting heavy, jabs, flurry, etc)
    - DOTs' initial hit dmg ignore the heal proc (all dots with initial hit applied damage)
    - heal cause on first cast making your actual heal 0.5s later
    - attacks from steath ignore the heal procs.

Unstable core bugs:
    - same channeled bug
    - same DOT bug
    - cc immunity granted on target causes ability to never fire off dmg nor cc effects

Those were the main ones we found on pts and I know ive been killed by sorc overload heavy while living dark active so at least the channel one is current.

These bugs coupled with the fact that interacting with this skill from either end is clunky and confusing is enough for me to say it needs to either be reverted or reworked. There's nothing intuitive about this skill at all and it lacks consistency with anything else, which in and of itself is not a problem, but when something is so uniquely broken it's time to take step back and look at what's going wrong.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What’s crazy is you can still break an npc’s eclipse...
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS - solution !
    Run Wyrds Tree - Curse Eater - on every class, and use purge.

Boom problem solved 🤣😂
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    This is the most broken skill in the game. Even stamina use it
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For context, here is the recent change;

Eclipse: Reworked this ability and its morphs so you will now envelop your target in a sphere of darkness for 4 seconds, which harms them anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. These abilities can now only be active on one target at a time.
    • Their first attack causes the sphere to hinder them, reducing their Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
    • Their second attack causes the sphere to entangle them, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
    • Their third attack causes the sphere to smother them, stunning them for 3 seconds.
    • These effect can only occur once every second.
    • Note that the sphere can no longer be CC broken early, but can still be cleansed.

So that sounds pretty interesting, right? Pretty fun, even! Well you know what? It isn't.

It looks good on paper, but the Eclipse ability, which by all accounts should count as a CC and apply CC immunity, doesn't apply CC immunity at all, which means you get trapped in the eclipse, with no other way to break free than to cleanse it, while other CCs can be tossed at you.

That isn't fun at all. Genuine question, which developer thought this was a good idea? Karen would like to have a word with their manager.
    1. Skill is broken as it's only a 1 target CC
    2. you want CC immunity because of snare, root or Stun ? because if you think you'll get for 2 first you're nuts
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

Eclipse: Reworked this ability and its morphs so you will now envelop your target in a sphere of darkness for 4 seconds, which harms them anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. These abilities can now only be active on one target at a time.
    • Their first attack causes the sphere to hinder them, reducing their Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
    • Their second attack causes the sphere to entangle them, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
    • Their third attack causes the sphere to smother them, stunning them for 3 seconds.
    • Note that the sphere can no longer be CC broken early, but can still be cleansed.

So that sounds pretty interesting, right? Pretty fun, even! Well you know what? It isn't.

It looks good on paper, but the Eclipse ability, which by all accounts should count as a CC and apply CC immunity, doesn't apply CC immunity at all, which means you get trapped in the eclipse, with no other way to break free than to cleanse it, while other CCs can be tossed at you.

That isn't fun at all. Genuine question, which developer thought this was a good idea? Karen would like to have a word with their manager.
    2. you want CC immunity because of snare, root or Stun ? because if you think you'll get for 2 first you're nuts

the best part is when a magsorc and stamplar outdamage the heal. LULZ
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

That's completely missing the point. I'm saying that you should become immune to other CC abilities while under the effect of this one.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    You think ZoS will fix bugs? Good luck with that, they have monopoly on introducing more and more of them.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I don't like fighting against the morph that they cast on themselves thats just immobilizes you since it usually forces me to dodgeroll on my magcro. whenever they use the morph they cast on me I just rebuff and cast my hots till its gone.
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!