Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

💀 DOTS Megathread 💀

• Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I mean, how are medium armor builds even supposed to cope... unknown.png

Easy, vigor is 20k heals.. if not more.. in 4 seconds
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    I mean, how are medium armor builds even supposed to cope... unknown.png

Easy, vigor is 20k heals.. if not more.. in 4 seconds

Shirley you jest.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, keep filling up the main page with more threads!
    PeKmFF9.jpg

This patch is garbage, 2 ppl on me, 5700 damage per second from braindead dots. Well played. So skilled.
    No cp - my build: i'm in heavy, TK, 5k health recov, 3.8k wpn dmg, major protection on demand. Impossible to play solo if you have a few of these noobs on you.

lmao Force Pulse did 1k. K~~~ *balanced game*

i don't see reasons to take part in eso pvp this patch. and dots are not only the issue (this screen is perfect illustration of how toxic for gameplay so many range dots are) but maybe most visible one now
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots, dots, dots aaand somehow I can brawl all day long vs someone using dots while the only person I've lost was a guy who used... Onslaught and executioner 14k damage in a half of a second, now that's a pretty nice ticks :) you guys are blinded by whining lemmings and you can't see where the real power lies. LOL :D Wait till more people will use it :))))
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblades are really strong after this patch. Put 2-3 dots then Cloak, wait some secs to be back, rinse and repeat... even with purge, your mag will end faster than theirs... They were annoying before, more even than petsorcs, but now i cant stop finding magblades on BGs and they´re a pain.

Thumbs up for a class that deserved some attention.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non pvper. Im starting to like them.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    PeKmFF9.jpg

This patch is garbage, 2 ppl on me, 5700 damage per second from braindead dots. Well played. So skilled.
    No cp - my build: i'm in heavy, TK, 5k health recov, 3.8k wpn dmg, major protection on demand. Impossible to play solo if you have a few of these noobs on you.

Your build sounds like pure cancer. Ludicrous that you thought you should survive a bunch of guys pounding on you. Dots working as intended.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    increasing damage of entropy and soul trap was a nice way to kill PvP and make a lot of money by selling the skill lines in crown store. pretty smart zo$

Yeah skill lines that 95% of players already had. Also buffing Poison Injection and Rending Slashes is not a problem? Interesting point of view.

Are dots to strong? Yes, a bit but it's far from destroying the game. Do they need to be nerfed? Definitely they need sllight adjustments. Which ones? All of them.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kWwnZfQ.gif

Moar DoTs!

Edited by LukosCreyden on August 16, 2019 10:49AM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Kalitas
    Kalitas
    ✭✭✭
    This is the worst PVP meta I've ever played in. Extremely boring. I don't even need to list what should be changed. The devs know. They're just doing nothing about it.
    @Kevin-G | Ajani | Wü-Tang Clan
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, get ZOS in here to consolidate all DOTS discussion into one convenient location.
    Lemme introduce the bar setup for most magspecs this patch:
    Destro: Soultrap, Entropy, Reach (dot), heal/shield, class dot
    Resto: Class Dot, Rapid regen, another heal, class skill like purge or cloak, armor buff

Even better magplar:
    Soultrap, Entropy, Reach, purge, vamp bane
    Backlash, Bol, RR, eclipse, rune

Who even needs spammables or stuns :trollface:
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr: "More stale stamina garbage that's existed for the last 2 years"

And now a complete 180....

Scalebreaker: "Magicka DPS with on-demand Purge or GTFO"

Frankly, I love Scalebreaker. It's about damn time that stamina got nerfed into the ground. Seeing all of the stamina players cry about the patch is just hilarious. I like how most of them conveniently forget that their stale gameplay has been around with magicka being underpowered. The pendulum has swung. Magicka is back on the menu - get used to it.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Kalitas
    Kalitas
    ✭✭✭
    Elsweyr: "More stale stamina garbage that's existed for the last 2 years"

And now a complete 180....

Scalebreaker: "Magicka DPS with on-demand Purge or GTFO"

Frankly, I love Scalebreaker. It's about damn time that stamina got nerfed into the ground. Seeing all of the stamina players cry about the patch is just hilarious. I like how most of them conveniently forget that their stale gameplay has been around with magicka being underpowered. The pendulum has swung. Magicka is back on the menu - get used to it.

While I agree Magicka needed buffs this is not the way to go about doing it. Making gameplay stale where its all just a DOT meta is your idea of a good patch? I used to say this is the wrong game for you but I guess the devs now agree. What a terrible patch. Taking away any fast and engaging gameplay. At a pretty poor time too. There's a large classic release dropping soon.
    @Kevin-G | Ajani | Wü-Tang Clan
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for some off-topic content, keep in mind that bashing, baiting, and flaming are all against the Forum Rules. While criticism and different opinions are always welcome, we ask that you remain civil with one another to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeKmFF9.jpg

Your build sounds like pure cancer. Ludicrous that you thought you should survive a bunch of guys pounding on you. Dots working as intended.

Pure cancer? Because he tries to counter all those dots people put on him? Yes ofcourse you would find it cancer when it requires a little bit of skill/effort to get a kill instead of just placing a simple dot and wait for the AP to come to you...
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to love to play my khajiit magplar, I used to run bloody mara + mother's sorrow, i had 0 sustain issues, and even if i had, i could always cast spell symmetry. But now i cant sustain the stupid dot meta rotation, and i dont have slot for spell symmetry on my bar, im running witch mothers + perfect false gods, and still cant sustain, now the only way to do magicka DPS is to be a breton, GG ZoS
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    I used to love to play my khajiit magplar, I used to run bloody mara + mother's sorrow, i had 0 sustain issues, and even if i had, i could always cast spell symmetry. But now i cant sustain the stupid dot meta rotation, and i dont have slot for spell symmetry on my bar, im running witch mothers + perfect false gods, and still cant sustain, now the only way to do magicka DPS is to be a breton, GG ZoS

Switch to a heavy attack channeling build for your DoT rotation. Near perfect sustain (on a High Elf no less) and you can stack as many DoTs as you want. For extra power, run Infallible Mage in conjunction with Burning Spellweave, Julianos, or False God. You'll grant your entire group 100% uptime on Minor Vulnerability and your heavy attacks will hit like a truck.
    Extra considerations:
    - Necromancers deal 10% more DoT damage from Rapid Rot passive
    - Templars have 2 great class DoTs (Vampire's Bane & Radiant Oppression)
    - Dragonknights can use Molten Armaments to buff their HA damage to obscene levels and also use class DoTs

You're fine. Just make some changes. You can't expect to use your current gear without issue in this new patch. There's options in this patch that work great - you just have to be willing to use them.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • jo24
    jo24
    ✭✭
    To be honest I'm a fairly new player at ESO (started in Feb) and therefore I only know the latest "Meta"s.
    That being said: I rly can't understand why people complain that much about changes of skills when the root of most problems is something completely different.
    Why does everybody expect that he should be able to run solo into 2-x players, kite them 10 min arount a pillar and then kill everyone of them like a freaking raid-boss? Ofc those ppl are "skilled" and know what to exploit but there is a point where this becomes ridiculous.

The gap between "I got oneshotted by burst in 1 sec" and "I can run 1 hour alone up and down in a tower and kite 10 ppl" is damn too high in this game.

But I think it's not even possible to perfectly balance this game with those mechanics as the best options to balance skills were allways (in MMOs): CD, DMG, Cast Time and Utility. ZOS is missing half of the options here and so they have to *** up their skill's design too often. This makes the interaction of the skills changing constantly, making it impossible to balance them.

The easiest option would be to balance PvE and PvP separately (maybe even the only option). Or at least find a way to lower the crazy solo-sustain for DDs. Vigor is way too powerfull aswell as Mag-DDs with a resto. Being a Hybrid gets way too much value in PvP.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is a broken doll that dances randomly.
    Perhaps ZoS will randomly change the balance until the ESO breaks.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Until a popular streamer comes out with a build that mitigates DoT damage everyone will hate this change.

• master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Until a popular streamer comes out with a build that mitigates DoT damage everyone will hate this change.

It is only magicka sets :'(
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Maybe, just maybe, you have to give up your 5k weapon damage and build into defense. And mag toons are equally impacted by this. The difference is mag toons have less stam to dodge actual burst from high damage combos.

Most stam builds build as such because without the high weapon damage they can't kill anyone before they heal up.

Additionally, the only way to make stam heals actually effective is also high weapon damage.

So your solution might just be a little off.

This has always been the design flaw that makes balancing this game a nightmare. Instead of heals being boosted by amped damage, they should have added an additional trait specifically for increasing healing, forcing players to make balanced choices for offense and defense instead of stacking damage and primary pools then benefiting both offensively and defensively from doing so. The current mechanic was fine at launch when all class skills were magic based, we didn't have tons of options to jack up damage, had soft caps on stats and stamina healing wasn't a thing. All that has changed and damage now needs to be decoupled from healing.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

It is only magicka sets :'(

@master_vanargand I am going to test a build in a bit, I work a lot so getting time to get the gear and try it is slow. However the build is: 5pc Hundings Rage, all medium all impen, 5pc Buffer of the Swift 2h/dw. I am probably going to go axes on both for bleeds but I am also gonna try mace and sword for 2h. Nirnhoned on the 2h, infused and sharpened on the dw weapons. Monster sets are: 1pc Velidreth and 1pc Balorghs, both divines. Mundus is: warrior for right now, race is Orc. I have 18k resistances and 2.5 crit resist with 4k weapon damage, not bad but still that's just on UESP... got to test but if someone beats me to it, that's great.

Also I am going to test having alliance war purge on my bar for DoTs and see how that is, I tried it on a mag class that has no purge and it was fine but want to try it on stamina now.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on August 18, 2019 10:20PM
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its almost like the entire PvP community gave ZOS massive warnings the day the new patch dropped on the PTS up until its unholy conception on the live server....

Zenimax only likes to read positive feedback tho, so no chages were needed.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of QQing is unbelievable.

It's always been something!!! Every multi-player game, the biggest whiners are always whining about PvP. I PvX, but the literal main issue with every MMO is PvP getting classes/weapons/skills getting ruined into the ground until only a few things are good anymore, rinse and repeat.

This community has been calling for nerfs since day 1. How about, nerf your QQing? :smile:
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    The amount of QQing is unbelievable.

It's always been something!!! Every multi-player game, the biggest whiners are always whining about PvP. I PvX, but the literal main issue with every MMO is PvP getting classes/weapons/skills getting ruined into the ground until only a few things are good anymore, rinse and repeat.

This community has been calling for nerfs since day 1. How about, nerf your QQing? :smile:

everyone whiners but not u. it's definitely because u're the smartest

Too many dots, too much general damage with no ways to counter dots at all at sorc, dk, warden.
    It's ridiculous to play at these classes in medium now. And less in heavy and light but same no ways (purge is very expencive, removing like nothing from u so unusable at all if u're not a part ofzerg with special pocket healers).
    At templar and necromancer or nb u hurt less but this dot meta made a process also broken.
    Very similar for me to days when procsets were instant.
    One of the worst patches.
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 19, 2019 12:04PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots are well implemented imao (surprisingly), compared to other OP skill like Dizzying Swing that deals 5k dmg per hit.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Dots are well implemented imao (surprisingly), compared to other OP skill like Dizzying Swing that deals 5k dmg per hit.

It takes skill to land dizzy swing and dizzy has counters so it should be rewarded. To apply soul trap, entropy, reach from range takes literally zero skill and minimum counters.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    Think of PvP imbalances as bugs in a trial that make progression impossible.

PvP "imbalance" is NOT a bug.

The thing making "progression impossible" in PvP is between the Keyboard and the Chair.

99% of PvP imbalances are a L2P issue - where L2P may mean - teaming up, regearing, retraiting, realligning CP to make of for weaknesses.

If you build only for DPS and give no heed to Defence and Mitigations the ONLY person to blame for you losing is you.

All The Best

"l2p means teaming up". I didn't know that I need to zerg to get gud, that sounds pretty new to me.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

OP? 😂 You don’t even have to spend resources to counter dizzy. You literally take a few steps forward or backwards and cancel their animation for them.
    Edited by Abhaya on August 20, 2019 4:53PM
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103