The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how do i cancel?

hakan
hakan
✭✭✭✭✭
Edit: i guess the way i asked was unnecessarily complicated. so im changing the question.

In overland i can cancel pretty well but in pvp or dungeon/trials, it isnt that fluid. On the other hand some other players are doing it with ease.

What is the problem here? Lag, ping? even tho i get around 80-130 ping in general.
Though the ping values get higher while in combat everytime.

PC specs are: gtx1660ti asus tuf, ryzen 2600, 8 ram and game is on a ssd.
Edited by hakan on August 15, 2019 1:45PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be done with a gamepad, its just muscle memory and training the reflex; the usual problem though is a gamepad press time is a bit slow as it requires a full press to register. I feel it best with a 12 key mouse as you can tap your finger then your thumb in quick succession with less motion. The other option is a mechanical keyboard with cherry red switches where it registers the press halfway instead of all the way down, that way you can spam faster between each key. You can also bind your normal attack to the keyboard so you don't have to use the mouse click for Light Attack.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on August 14, 2019 9:19AM
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they block or bar swap cancel their animations?

I never understood why you'd do it, because of GCD it shouldn't bring an advantage?!?
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1: press light attack
    Step 2 : press skill

Takes a lot of training i know.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they block or bar swap cancel their animations?

I never understood why you'd do it, because of GCD it shouldn't bring an advantage?!?

GCD only prevents two abilities being activated back to back. It does not prevent a light attack, and ability, a bash, and an ultimate all being activated at the exact same moment(because all of those are on their own, separate 'GCD').

The result is that with animation cancelling, you can time more hits to happen at the same moment than you could without. And with the damage in this game, such a huge spike in damage is often enough to kill an opponent, in "one hit", so to say.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated/changed the question a bit. this is the reason why i dont want to slot grim focus on my bar.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s lag. I can cancel in Cyro. (I’m running a gtx 1650 oc ; but it’s smoother (easier) outside of Cyro.

No matter your rig, if a 50 man Zerg is anywhere near you, you’ll experience lag.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on August 15, 2019 10:35PM