The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ballista ultimate (bow) causes desync of hp.

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Everytime i cast it on somone, they get hp desync, die at ~40% hp, happens to myself too. You think youre fine at like half hp bar , but then you die.

PC EU
PvP only
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah happened to me today too. I went instanly down from like 60% to zero and had no hard hitting abilities nor dots on me. and the balllista was used againist me like 30 seconds before I died. Either that or living dark...
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/3orZQY270U4

Kristofer talks about it in this video. Any high level pvp player can tell when they're being desynced by something in this manner, and I trust his judgement.

Hope zenimax is able to fix this by the first incremental, as desyncs of this variety are some of the must frustrating things to deal with in pvp.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Plasma_Elf
    Plasma_Elf
    ✭✭✭
    Yep ballista definitely causing desyncs, happened 3 times to me tonight :(.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm it happend to me 2 once. Second time I was ready and shielded this sheit but nevertheless its bugged as stray dog.
    Edited by Mayrael on August 14, 2019 3:30PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it seems like any skill that causes a cc or knockback is buggy to me, both to use and to be hit with. Sometimes its fine, other times your leap animates but you didn't actually leap, or you can't break free, or you hear the warden spamming shock clench and then all at once your gone.

Pretty irritating that i rarely die to my own mistakes, its usually lag, desyncs or glitches.
  • OwnerOfSuccuby
    OwnerOfSuccuby
    ✭✭✭
    I newer see so bad patch in TESO - i always run home to play. Now i just go home - play another game and some times do craft daily quests. This patch is the first where i will not buy DLC - the worst DLC and patch ever !

Just unplayable buged borring worst patch ever !

And one more thing - is have so much bugs lags and mistakes that i think i will not even by membership untill all this will not be fixed. See no point play it. 2 new dunguans are fast made *** stuff. Just repainted mobs with red or blue i already see and stupid mechanicks from other dunguans.

And tons of mistahes - my fps drop to 0 3 times - i tired reload UI already !!!
    Edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on August 14, 2019 8:00PM
  • playnox
    playnox
    ✭✭
    I simply canceled my paid subscription at this point - the game is broken like never before, good luck waiting another year for fixes that will never happen...
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It happens litterally 100% of the time. In PvP, but even in PvE. Doing downstair on the last boss of vSS, felt like we were about to wipe, but the add drops dead with 800k HP remaining.

That can be abused to get the kill on just about anyone in PvP who is not aware of it.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah happened to me today too. I went instanly down from like 60% to zero and had no hard hitting abilities nor dots on me. and the balllista was used againist me like 30 seconds before I died. Either that or living dark...
    The revised target for Living Dark is the character who casts it. Even the original Eclipse spell does not inflict any damage on the targeted opponent. Instead, it becomes a "special effect" utility spell that changes with each Direct Damage attack which the enveloped character makes. From Patch Notes 5.5.1 (Scalebreaker & Update 23):
    Eclipse: Reworked this ability and its morphs so you will now envelop your target in a sphere of darkness for 4 seconds, which harms them anytime they use a Direct Damage attack. These abilities can now only be active on one target at a time.

Their first attack causes the sphere to hinder them, reducing their Movement Speed by 30% for 4 seconds.
    Their second attack causes the sphere to entangle them, immobilizing them for 3 seconds.
    Their third attack causes the sphere to smother them, stunning them for 3 seconds.
    These effect can only occur once every second.
    Note that the sphere can no longer be CC broken early, but can still be cleansed.

Total Dark (morph):

Renamed this morph to Living Dark.
    You now envelop yourself in darkness for 4 seconds, which protects you. Anytime an enemy hits you with a Direct Damage attack, they are immobilized for 3 seconds and you are healed.
    This heal value has been decreased by approximately 66% compared to the original value, but can now occur every half second rather than every .75 seconds.

Unstable Core (morph):

Each time the sphere activates on the attacker, they will take damage. This damage increases based on the stage the sphere is currently in.
    So, Unstable Core is the one that we want for DPS, but its description is incomplete and not very informative.

The description for Eclipse poses several questions about the duration of each of the respective "effects", relative to the 4-second duration of the Eclipse itself. Notes:
    1. The design concept assumes that the target will attack an opponent. That may be valid for NPCs, whether Bosses are immune to Eclipse and/or to its morphs. But, gear procs aside, is it a valid assumption for PvP?
    2. What happens if the enveloped character executes a Dodge Roll from their current location?
    IMHO, the conversion of Total Dark > Living Dark into a damage shield is a waste since there is (or was?) a damage shield available from the same skill line, and from other skill lines, too.

Personally, I have decided that I must re-spec each of my four characters to take changes like these into account. Two are Sorcerers, two are Templars. One Templar is a Healer, the other is mostly Stamina DPS. One Sorcerer primarily uses Lightning (Shock) and the other primarily summons Familiars.

Choosing Skills and re-allocating Skill Points to them is a time-consuming chore in this context. Not much fun at all, really. And we know that the ZOS developers will continue to tinker with them indefinitely, because they would rather do that than find and correct bugs.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    It happens litterally 100% of the time. In PvP, but even in PvE. Doing downstair on the last boss of vSS, felt like we were about to wipe, but the add drops dead with 800k HP remaining.

That can be abused to get the kill on just about anyone in PvP who is not aware of it.

Pretty much this, I hope this will take less time than fixing pummeling Goliath bash as this skill can be commonly used by anyone.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge