The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

PvP August 2019

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
aTdk4ds.png
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first glance it looks like you got hit by 3 different players.

One busty stamina player can do that damage in one to two attacks.

I'm am not seeing a issue here.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is a problem of course, dots are doing more dmg than direct attacks after 6seconds!!!!!!!

i can only see that you survived enough to stand on your feet for quite a long time...

As for the mage's wrath, if the 1278 dmg is the proc and not the initial hit, well man, you're must be really tanky =)

(only the dmg from bitting jabs are noticeable, but this is a templar thingy, and we are not allowed to talk about templars...)
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game is officially garbage now
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You got hit by 4 different players? If you mean Aug 2019 is getting zerged... that's not new to this patch. :dizzy:
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't see an issue? He couldn't run behind a rock and heal up. That's a huge issue! Game-breaking, I'd say!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right. 27.2K or so damage over the course of 6 seconds from 3+ players, in a keep no less. A shalks, dawnbreaker, steel tornado combo can do that much damage in 2 seconds from 1 player.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It was against at least 4 people. He’s lucky he lasted 6 seconds in this meta.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    there is a problem of course, dots are doing more dmg than direct attacks after 6seconds!!!!!!!

i can only see that you survived enough to stand on your feet for quite a long time...

As for the mage's wrath, if the 1278 dmg is the proc and not the initial hit, well man, you're must be really tanky =)

(only the dmg from bitting jabs are noticeable, but this is a templar thingy, and we are not allowed to talk about templars...)

It is a problem that it takes 6 seconds for DOTs to do more damage than a direct attack can do in 1? I could hit someone with dizzy swing 6 times without weaving in that time and the recap would have more damage in it than that.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    That's only 1 biting jabs cast... 4 hits per one second channel. Looks like you got hit for about 10k in a second after having taken previous DoT damage. It be like that sometimes... Unfortunately the kill feed doesn't tell you how much healing you were doing during that time

Welcome to the DoT meta!
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoTs are doing 1k DPS ea. Which may not sound like a lot, bit then add LAs, spammables and you're taking 10k DPS per person. You can't outheal that.

You likely died in 6 seconds from full health, only had time to use one set of heals and still died. From 1 Jabs and dots.

Now 3 players jabbing? Ofc you can expect that much damage, but dots are giving too much sustained damage.
    Edited by ThePedge on August 14, 2019 10:42PM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7k jabs omegalul. You should consider wearing some armour
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well.. I can't really try to even test pvp.
    Theres like 40 mindless zerglings playing 40vs1 small scale with me when I step out of the spawning zone 🤦‍♂️
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

it was heavy armor. This game is now easy mode for overbuffed templars with an ulti that lets you ignore resistences

I saw friends doing 10k executioners with that. In pvp.
    Edited by Skander on August 15, 2019 11:18AM
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

it was heavy armor. This game is now easy mode for overbuffed templars with an ulti that lets you ignore resistences.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    This game is officially garbage now

I agree. I tried a few days of pvp after patch, but its all dots all cheese, vma daggers with 3-4 dot skills and thats it. Dot or not, I chose not. Im no longer logging in and I'll wait to do so until the next dlc patch note and see if there is change on the horizon. Laters.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    tHiS iS BaLanCeD yOu sHoULdnT bE aBLe To tAnK moRe tHaN oNE uNsKiLLeD pLaYEr
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Right. 27.2K or so damage over the course of 6 seconds from 3+ players, in a keep no less. A shalks, dawnbreaker, steel tornado combo can do that much damage in 2 seconds from 1 player.

umm pretty sure soul splitter and entropy tick every 2 seconds so that is actually 12 seconds not 6.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tHiS iS BaLanCeD yOu sHoULdnT bE aBLe To tAnK moRe tHaN oNE uNsKiLLeD pLaYEr

those players where nowhere to be called "skilled"
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aTdk4ds.png

Wow. That guys jabs would have to have almost a 4k tooltip per hit if we are just going off battle spirit alone as mitigation. I guess it could be crits galore but still. You running any crit resists or physical resists?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    aTdk4ds.png

Wow. That guys jabs would have to have almost a 4k tooltip per hit if we are just going off battle spirit alone as mitigation. I guess it could be crits galore but still. You running any crit resists or physical resists?

That’s not so difficult. I’ve got like a 3.8k tooltip. Someone told me yesterday I hit them for 17k in jabs lol. Said they were running a glass canon build but I was still surprised. I’ve got a high crit and must have landed every one or something.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPerIS1.png

Pt2
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPerIS1.png

Pt2

You do realize that Fetcher Infection has a built in mechanic that intentionally increases it's damage on second cast.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPerIS1.png

Pt2

You do realize that Fetcher Infection has a built in mechanic that intentionally increases it's damage on second cast.

you do realize that's 2k dps in pvp on a dot that costs maybe 2k magicka?
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭

it was heavy armor. This game is now easy mode for overbuffed templars with an ulti that lets you ignore resistences

Executioner can hit 10k without the onslaught buff soooo..
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPerIS1.png

Pt2

you do realize that's 2k dps in pvp on a dot that costs maybe 2k magicka?

2K DPS.. because the skill boosts in damage after a second cast. Meaning they cast this twice to get that damage. Or they didn't and you are running awful defensive stats. Because 11K in 5 seconds would be around 22K in 10, meaning this has a 44K tooltip if you are running zero defense.

And that is all before even pointing out how useless death recaps are to provide feedback for skills balance. Like great, you took that damage. How many debuffs were on you? How many players were actually attacking you? Was the skill right before your death recap a skill that took 2/3rds of your health, since the death recap only shows the last damage ticks. So great, it did 11K damage to you over 5 seconds. But if you took a 10K dizzying swing prior to those last few dot ticks and the executioner, your death recap isn't going to show that. So maybe we should stop treating death recaps like the holy grail of gotcha skill balance.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge. Wyrd tree.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »

Executioner can hit 10k without the onslaught buff soooo..

i'm talking about killing people with a brain and not naked
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    aTdk4ds.png

That’s not so difficult. I’ve got like a 3.8k tooltip. Someone told me yesterday I hit them for 17k in jabs lol. Said they were running a glass canon build but I was still surprised. I’ve got a high crit and must have landed every one or something.

Yeah, I was just screwing with my stamplar build and my tooltip is pretty close to that before major Fracture and spriggans. I suppose I can see it. And if you get off-balance in there... I just don't want to use toppling now because I need ERs.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    aTdk4ds.png

Yeah mine are > 4.5k on an standard-to-average built magplar and when you hit constant crits it's a massive difference in damage.

OP said this guy was running 2h Ult as well, so he probably crit none of them.
    Edited by BNOC on August 15, 2019 2:57PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s more of a range thing..those dots are what 28m compared to 6m..i have mag/stam characters so it makes no difference to me