Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I just figured out what ZOS is trying to do by nerfing Power Surge for Sorcs.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More likely they’re making entropy look a lot more attractive now that you can buy skill lines for money. My theory is that they’re finally allowing people to level their toons with money because the game is nearing the final phase of its life and this is probably one of the last ways to squeeze money out of it.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't really a gold sink though. Picking herbs costs zero gold. Buying herbs just causes the gold to trade hands for the most part.

AVFv.gif
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tlf6cIS.gif
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think you're just paranoid

the change is pretty obviously intended to give sorc healers something unique to work with

but yeah i guess everything's just all about you isn't it
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    considering how hard collecting Corn Flower is and how expensive it is in the game.

ROTFL

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess so. Money drain is a thing that affects all players in games.
    Ergo all players in eso are sorc.
    Ergo sorc was op. Now stop crying.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humm. I just play degeneration so i get Major Sorcery. I also play Critical Surge so i keep heals. Not half as good as matriarch heal on demand, but seems the best solution possible. Tried to use matriarch but its DPS sucks that much that wasn´t worth the 2 slots.

So my defences are Empowered Ward + Cricital Surge, and my offences are Scamp + loads of dots.

That´s Sorc´s life nowadays. Adapt or you wont be happy with what you got.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is creating a money drain so that Sorcs are always supposed to be running Spell Power pots.

This is freaking *** considering how hard collecting Corn Flower is and how expensive it is in the game.

if this is their idea of getting rid of the excess money supply it's a stupid one.

If you have gold...you can buy these pots, too. Gold is a virtual currency, where you can sell your drops of gear and other items. Can be addictive, though.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you still arguing with a guy who actually thinks that Degeneration was nerfed?
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »
    If that was true they would have removed it from entropy too.

The point is slotting entropy would require 2 slots when Power Surge or Degeneration only requires 1 skill slot man. C'mon catch on already.

?????

Entropy morphs into either Structured Entropy or Dengeneration, IDK what you mean with slotting entropy requires 2 slots? do you maybe mean magelight or bound aegis or matriarch?
    Im genuinely confused by what you say.
    Edited by ATomiX69 on August 14, 2019 11:19AM
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    If that was true they would have removed it from entropy too.

The point is slotting entropy would require 2 slots when Power Surge or Degeneration only requires 1 skill slot man. C'mon catch on already.

?????

Entropy morphs into either Structured Entropy or Dengeneration, IDK what you mean with slotting entropy requires 2 slots? do you maybe mean magelight or bound aegis or matriarch?
    Im genuinely confused by what you say.

While I wholeheartedly disagree with the OP, I think he is saying that prior to this patch he could get major sorcery and healing from one skill. Now he gets healing from 1 skill (Crit Surge) and Major Sorcery from Degeneration.

What is confusing is that OP seems to be changing their argument and mainly attempting to antagonize those that are commenting below.

I think his original point had nothing to do with Degeneration, but rather having to use spell power pots to compensate for lack of major sorcery and some grand conspiracy theory that it's all part of a plan to sink gold into Corn Flower sales. Although, as has been pointed out already, farming / selling corn flower results in 0 gold sink.

Confused OP. Confused argument. No wonder everyone is getting confused.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

Well, Apparently Power-Surge is now rubbish.

So the argument "I could slot powersurge" is about as useful as a chocolate coffeepot.

So it seems, if you want the same things Powersurge used to give you do NEED to slot Entropy.

BTW: Just logged into my Crafter on PC-EU, sitting on over 600 Corn Flower. So it can't be too difficult to find. Selling for approx 8,000 gold a piece it seems. Oh well, may have to sell mine and buy something nice for my house.

All The Best
    Edited by Gandrhulf_Harbard on August 14, 2019 12:36PM
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    So it can go from Liquid Lightning -> Degeneration and Power Surge -> Critical Surge. Get your heals (more actually) and Major Sorcery still. Just trading AoE to ST and get a bit of sustain out of it. Even the passives granted by slotting either of the former can almost be comparable.
    Edited by Celestro on August 14, 2019 1:54PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except you're gonna end up slotting Entropy anyways as a damage ability. It's not like you have to sacrifice a slot for it.

Exactly. I’m not understanding the outrage?

Is there any other class skill that gives major sorcery/brutality and also heal procs on damage?

Nope. Balance is such a mystery to people here.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

Dude your not fooling anyone.

Yea I totally agree corn flower will drain you dry... I've stopped parsing with it altogether awhile back ago. You can go through maybe 35 potions in a difficult trial sometimes I mean it has to be kept up 100% of the time.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread. I enjoy its content.
    Would read again.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majority of sorc players after last update : "I can't have the absolute best buffs ever all at once, it's an outrage ! I need TWO skills to have all the buffs I need ! I can't just have a high damage buff, I also need a crit heal one because else I'm not absolutely, perfectly set and that is not acceptable !"

Me, playing Nightblade for almost 5 years : "Ah, so they removed that buff / nerfed that skill too, now ? Oh well, if you hit someone with a rusty spoon long enough, they will die. Eventually".
  • Sennecca
    Sennecca
    ✭✭✭

again why would I? dude the only reason people slot that is because they had to swap their current abilities out...dont need to slot entropy at all. Could have just slotted the old PowerSurge or the old Degeneration.

Because it deals pretty good damage?

It dealt better damage without having to remove a slot for crit surge AND entropy.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Entropy is not replacing power surge. It's replacing one of your AOE damage abilities that just got nerfed (probably liquid lightning) and if you want a self heal then you can run crit surge instead of power surge.

Stam sorcs get a buff and a heal off the skill, but mag sorcs lost their buff and heal and have to slot 2 skills even if they don't want to for their buff and crit heal. Oh well, maybe they'll just slot one of their many other buffs or debuffs they have access to. Oh wait,..... nvm.
    It's a stam eat mag world out there!
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makes sense. I agree with you. And here I though monetization of the Guild skill lines and other future dreadful release was the main cause.

Considering not many players actually spend gold in housing which was supposed to be a gold sink. And seeing this game has nothing good to spend gold on. Yes...
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just imagine if forums had

mental health check before posting...

Intriguing statement. I wonder what would my diagnosis be...
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • madarame_77
    madarame_77
    ✭✭✭
    I run degeneration + inner light on both bars. Problem solved.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no your stupid overpowered skol
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »
    I'd bet two weeks wages that the changes are not an elaborate gold sink.

Side note: I must be blessed by the rng gods, I never, ever run out of cornflower and even sell some from time to time...

yeah you must be because I farm them myself and they are a rare find in *any* zone not to mention you only get 1 or 2 PER harvest.

Dude your not fooling anyone.

Yea I totally agree corn flower will drain you dry... I've stopped parsing with it altogether awhile back ago. You can go through maybe 35 potions in a difficult trial sometimes I mean it has to be kept up 100% of the time.

35? That's like 10k.

You get more than that from the Undaunted Plunder and daily writs.

Buckle up.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been buy cornflower/spel power pots for a few years now. Don’t see why it’s such a big deal now. Also fyi, guilds inflate the price of items in guild stores, not Zos.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top dps already run spell power pots when they are on a sorc.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying Spell Power potions doesn’t remove gold from the economy, it just goes to whoever is selling the potions. It would only be a gold sink if potions or flowers could be purchased from an NPC merchant.