The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you having fun in PvP with patch 5.1.5?

• BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and I play mostly CP-enabled PvP.
    Love CP PVP, stam characters have new toys with fear and onslaught + Balorgh combo. Magicka users have more options and their version of bleed with dots. I think Magicka in general is closing the gap on Stamina burst with dots and that is what is shocking the community more than anything.

Still early and we’ll see how it plays out in weeks to come.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I'm curious what people think of the patch so far.

Battlegrounds can be silly fun.... sometimes. But Cyrodil is like torture to play. There are few things more annoying on this game then being stunned and then beaten to death because the lag is so bad your break free doesn't work.

They either need to fix the lag or just remove stuns from this game's PvP. They're far too powerful when combined with this game's lack of responsiveness.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Damage in no cp is insane right now.

It's always been insane.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    I kind of like that people die. My gripe would be with how effective they are vs other offenses and it really favors those who have access to a cleanse whether in group or class.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I play mostly CP-enabled PvP.
    Almost every patch since Morrowind has made PvP worse. Maybe a reprieve here and there, but the state of the game is awful.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New combat team has no idea what they are doing,
    They ruined the beautiful combat of ESO.

edited for typo* shouldnt type while half asleep xD
    Edited by amir412 on August 14, 2019 7:44AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    New combat team has not idea what they are idea,
    They ruined the beautiful combat of ESO.

Ah yes stalemating with people way better than you and people way worse than you. Numbers advantage being the only way solo battles ended. Thrilling...
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
    My thoughts on Mag Necro:
    I finally have choices on my magicka necro, loving it. Theres so many good skills to slot now, I'm having a lot of fun rearranging my bars over and over, trying different combinations of dot/burst combos. The buffed dots provide the reliable pressure the class was missing. It is finally beneficial to spec for more raw damage because of dots & hots scaling well, new totem is an interesting & unique addition to the toolkit.
    All around I'm very happy here.

My thoughts in general:
    Burst and pressure are both insanely high in BGs atm. The two outstanding (not necessarily overperforming) mechanics I've seen a lot on recap are stacked dots (stam and mag) and dizzy spam/onslaught combos, besides I've also seen some nasty burst damage coming from magsorcs (8k frags) and magdks (11k leaps). New healing is strong, but no amount of healing and mitigation in reasonable builds seems to be able to facetank the increased power in offense, especially when outnumbered, even slightly (BGs).
    Still undecided overall whether I like those changes in gameplay more than what we had before, but I'm having fun.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I play mostly no-CP PvP.
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    Ah yes stalemating with people way better than you and people way worse than you. Numbers advantage being the only way solo battles ended. Thrilling...

Gutting healing/survivability and buffing damage doesn't solve the issue of people building for tankiness, it makes many people want to go more tanky.

To solve people needing to go for really tanky builds zos really should fix the lag that has plagued pvp for so long, and also make the damage in pvp actually able to be countered by skill.

If your lagging then 0 skill will save you, and if you have 10 dots on you it also doesn't matter how good you are. The only way to survive free damage types and lag in pvp is by building tanky and stacking heals unfortunately.

Edited by Crixus8000 on August 14, 2019 7:46AM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    I really love this patch so far.

1) my main magnecro got a significant buff, and is competitive with other classes now.

2) revision of skills, which was the main goal of this patch, allowed a lot of build diversity in PvP, at least on the magicka side. Some people say "BuT EvErYoNe UsInG sAmE sKiLlS", which is just not true, since slotting all generic dots/heals and rotating between them is very suboptimal. Burst is still the king, classes still provide a lot of utility, offensive, and defensive options, and almost all of them are comparable to generic stuff, thus you quickly run into bar space issues.

For example, when building a magnecro, I can now chose between 5 dots (entropy, soul trap, skeleton mage, flame reach, pulse with BRD), 2 CCs (clench/totem), 8 heals/defensive skills (2 versions of spirit, 2 versions of rapid regen, healing thether, healing ward, dampen magicka, render flash), and a bunch of utility skills (2 versions of purges, armor buff).

Thats all while in previous patch I had a hard choice between a crap skill, crap skill and another crap skill.

I've also built a magblade so far, and the amount of choices there is even larger.

3) mobility of medium armor builds increased a lot, thanks to new shuffle, all my stamblade friends are happy now.

4) cast time on ults is good, now I can easier see that onslaught/DB coming. All those sub+DB stamdens, running in "elite" small scale groups smashing potatoes in towers / BG premades will be disappointed, I bet.

5) no more petsorcs streaking around, imaging they are skilful PvPers, that alone makes this patch so good. Shields got overnerfed a bit, but sorcs will adapt with the new resto heals, I have no doubts.

So far PvP is very fast-paced, fun, and the performance seem to be a bit better (probably cause less people playing). This patch is very refreshing.

You are right, all elite/top tier pvpers hate the change to ults because they basically became a liability instead of something strong to use.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts on Mag Necro:
    I finally have choices on my magicka necro, loving it. Theres so many good skills to slot now, I'm having a lot of fun rearranging my bars over and over, trying different combinations of dot/burst combos. The buffed dots provide the reliable pressure the class was missing. It is finally beneficial to spec for more raw damage because of dots & hots scaling well, new totem is an interesting & unique addition to the toolkit.
    All around I'm very happy here.

My thoughts in general:
    Burst and pressure are both insanely high in BGs atm. The two outstanding (not necessarily overperforming) mechanics I've seen a lot on recap are stacked dots (stam and mag) and dizzy spam/onslaught combos, besides I've also seen some nasty burst damage coming from magsorcs (8k frags) and magdks (11k leaps). New healing is strong, but no amount of healing and mitigation in reasonable builds seems to be able to facetank the increased power in offense, especially when outnumbered, even slightly (BGs).
    Still undecided overall whether I like those changes in gameplay more than what we had before, but I'm having fun.

That's particularly nasty with Wardens doing Sub->Dizzy->Onslaught->Executioner. So much dmg in such short time. Got hit with a 12k executioner at the end of that combo. With Pariah, Bloodspawn proc and 7/7 impreg. Not that the armour mattered one bit, once Onslaught hit.

But yeah, people are literally melting in BGs right now. The extra DoT pressure from everyone is insane, you used to have couple of ranged DoTs on you, maybe a poison injection and a Vamp Bane or Cripple, now you have 5-6 strong DoTs (usually 2-3 entropies alone) followed up by crazy burst. Unless the team has either dedicated healer or high utility group builds, you're toast.

I might pick your brains for a MagCro build later on...
    EU | PC | AD
  • Navras
    Navras
    ✭✭✭
    I main a Magplar so I should be happy I'd guess... I'm doing 3x times my usual K:D ratio. But all in all, I'm not enjoying battlegrounds atm. I haven't done any Cyro yet and probably I won't anytime soon.

Anyhow, there is too much damage around .. sometimes I kill someone in 3 secs, other times I found me dead in a global. I also noticed a lot worse regen, I guess it's because of the perma-cleanse. Everything is too pacey, random and braindead.

We will see some fix\nerf soon, I'm sure, and then we'll better understand where are we going. As of now, this is probably the least enjoyable patch I've played in, I don't even understand how this "balancing patch" made to live considering the evident pathetic conditions and the absolute imbalance of everything.

EU-PC
    cp 1500+
    Flawless Conqueror & Spirit Slayer

Main: Templar
    Alt: Stamblade, StamDK
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left PvP with Wrathstone update... Since then, I hoped for it to become better, so one day I could return. But every patch, I look here & there and see that it is becoming worse & worse. It is a shame. :disappointed:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 14, 2019 6:28PM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep coming on the forum to see the announcement that they made a mistake and revert everything but that does not seem to happen :(
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »

Gutting healing/survivability and buffing damage doesn't solve the issue of people building for tankiness, it makes many people want to go more tanky.

To solve people needing to go for really tanky builds zos really should fix the lag that has plagued pvp for so long, and also make the damage in pvp actually able to be countered by skill.

If your lagging then 0 skill will save you, and if you have 10 dots on you it also doesn't matter how good you are. The only way to survive free damage types and lag in pvp is by building tanky and stacking heals unfortunately.

I’ve yet to see a tanky pvp build in no-CP. With the way the game is right now you can’t be tanky enough to survive two people in a burst combo, or at least I haven’t see it.
    I really love this patch so far.

1) my main magnecro got a significant buff, and is competitive with other classes now.

2) revision of skills, which was the main goal of this patch, allowed a lot of build diversity in PvP, at least on the magicka side. Some people say "BuT EvErYoNe UsInG sAmE sKiLlS", which is just not true, since slotting all generic dots/heals and rotating between them is very suboptimal. Burst is still the king, classes still provide a lot of utility, offensive, and defensive options, and almost all of them are comparable to generic stuff, thus you quickly run into bar space issues.

For example, when building a magnecro, I can now chose between 5 dots (entropy, soul trap, skeleton mage, flame reach, pulse with BRD), 2 CCs (clench/totem), 8 heals/defensive skills (2 versions of spirit, 2 versions of rapid regen, healing thether, healing ward, dampen magicka, render flash), and a bunch of utility skills (2 versions of purges, armor buff).

Thats all while in previous patch I had a hard choice between a crap skill, crap skill and another crap skill.

I've also built a magblade so far, and the amount of choices there is even larger.

3) mobility of medium armor builds increased a lot, thanks to new shuffle, all my stamblade friends are happy now.

4) cast time on ults is good, now I can easier see that onslaught/DB coming. All those sub+DB stamdens, running in "elite" small scale groups smashing potatoes in towers / BG premades will be disappointed, I bet.

5) no more petsorcs streaking around, imaging they are skilful PvPers, that alone makes this patch so good. Shields got overnerfed a bit, but sorcs will adapt with the new resto heals, I have no doubts.

So far PvP is very fast-paced, fun, and the performance seem to be a bit better (probably cause less people playing). This patch is very refreshing.

You are right, all elite/top tier pvpers hate the change to ults because they basically became a liability instead of something strong to use.

Thing I hate the most is ultimates can be interrupted, it’s beyond stupid.

The NB healing ultimate is about 1/2 as effective now because a lot of the times when I try using it I’m interrupted. Wtf does leap has a short animation and is faster to fire then a healing ultimate. Some of these changes are mind boggling.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 14, 2019 6:48PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots are now useful. No more stamina burst meta.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mostly due to petty reasons. Many in my OW CP faction hate healers, and ragged on people who played healers as not being real pvpers, when us healers voiced our concerns about the coming healing changes/dots changes they completely dismissed us, etc. Some I know quit before patch dropped because of this attitude. I played a healer/dps hybrid for 3 years, and switched to just DPS a month ago, and am having fun watching people eat crow. I know petty.

But also, I do enjoy what I have taken from learning to stay alive as a focused healer and fitting it into a DPS build, and I like the challenge of trying to stay alive against all odds. Theory crafting new sets for this meta is fun.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranged DoTs are killing no CP right now. Potato skills like snipe at least need line of sight, but entropy and soul trap are next level potato fire and forget abilities. Simple logic tells that direct damage abilities should be stronger than no brain DoTs that can be applied from range. Too bad ZOS doesn't have a single person in their team with common sense..
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭

4) cast time on ults is good, now I can easier see that onslaught/DB coming.

Wow, you can see it coming now huh? Well I guess that means you no longer have to use your brain and predict your enemy’s next move. Really great for the game.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im very happy damage meta is back.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4) cast time on ults is good, now I can easier see that onslaught/DB coming.

Wow, you can see it coming now huh? Well I guess that means you no longer have to use your brain and predict your enemy’s next move. Really great for the game.

Someones mad visuals are working.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, a damage meta, that has no counters really.

That's the issue with this game imo. So many bad players want free damage to make up for skill, and think it's balanced. Damage should require skill, as should surviving that damage. That's healthy pvp.

Stacking 10 dots on someone that deal 1-2k dps each doesn't require any skill at all from the attackers part, and has 0 counterplay unless you have cloak or purge on the defenders part. All it leads to is people understanding the only actual way to survive is stacking hots/ resists, then the players spamming proc sets and uncounterable damage complain we are in a tank meta.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on August 14, 2019 11:06PM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, a damage meta, that has no counters really.

That's the issue with this game imo. So many bad players want free damage to make up for skill, and think it's balanced. Damage should require skill, as should surviving that damage. That's healthy pvp.

Stacking 10 dots on someone that deal 1-2k dps each doesn't require any skill at all from the attackers part, and has 0 counterplay unless you have cloak or purge on the defenders part. All it leads to is people understanding the only actual way to survive is stacking hots/ resists, then the players spamming proc sets and uncounterable damage complain we are in a tank meta.

Very mixed definition of what constitutes skills in ESO.

Previous year of metas have been mind numbing and boring.

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the game has ever been in a perfect spot. But more and more bad decisions keep taking away skill from pvp.

I know many people hate stamdens with dizzy combo but imo that's a good example of skilled combat and more healthy gameplay. It takes skill on the attackers side to land the combo well and at the right moment to secure the kill, and it requires skill from the defender, because if they are good enough they can easily avoid the combo, and if it hits it will just be their mistake, unlike stacked dots that require no skill from either side.
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    This patch is crap and people need to be replaced over it! HEADS MOST ROLL!!!!!
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Dots are now useful. No more stamina burst meta.
    Battlegrounds are still very much a burst meta. I died to a 10,414 Molten Whip on Monday, and the same player's Entropy did 3,003 total damage in 3 ticks. Most of the top damage players I'm seeing in BGs are either Stamina builds, Mag DK, or Mag Sorcs, all of which are bursting people down almost instantly.

Personally, I think the damage-to-survivability ratio was mostly fine in no-CP before this patch, as long as dedicated healers were excluded. Now it's either get a healer or die in 2 seconds, which I don't consider the most skilled style of gameplay for an MMO, especially since it's by no means equally effective on every class.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played a little...not sure what it is, but combat seemed off to me.... don't know...its been a while though.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure yet.
    Meh, rode around for a while, didn't see anyone, picked up a few treasure maps and shyshards and went to bed.

Does that count as fun?
    confused24.gif

• Isojukka
    Isojukka
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Damage in no cp is insane right now.

It's always been insane.

Not like this.
    Eso since Xbox launch and switched over to pc 1/2019.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think the game has ever been in a perfect spot. But more and more bad decisions keep taking away skill from pvp.

I know many people hate stamdens with dizzy combo but imo that's a good example of skilled combat and more healthy gameplay. It takes skill on the attackers side to land the combo well and at the right moment to secure the kill, and it requires skill from the defender, because if they are good enough they can easily avoid the combo, and if it hits it will just be their mistake, unlike stacked dots that require no skill from either side.

Ive been PvPing to long to care, dead is dead to me man.

99 Asherons Call, 20 years. Maybe I need to hang it up.