Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any word on 1 hand and spell fighting style?

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone here anything in this lately
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt hear a word :/
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in Skyrim, but that's the closest I imagine it'll get.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I love the idea of introducing new weapons.. I have a hard time believing it will ever happen since a new weapon = new motifs. They would need to design like 40+ motifs to match all the existing ones.

They could take the easier path and just redesign initial motifs for Elf/Orc, etc, with other motif's over time, but I don't know, doesn't seem like a good idea from that standpoint.

Also, if they introduce a new weapon skill line with the chapter, they'd either have to make 2 new weapon types for stamina vs magicka which means double the motifs.. or design an entire skill line with hybrid/dynamic scaling so that it works for both. If they didn't do 1 of those 2 options, they would be segregating people who don't enjoy 1 style of play, therefore potentially lower sales.

I think ZOS understands this and will just continue to release universal Skill Lines like the Psijic Order.

If they have the resources and believe in the balance they've struck with their recent changes and standardization, I see Spellcrafting as the next Chapter release focus. They seem to be using a schedule release pattern like this, so it lines up:

Morrowind - Warden (Class)
    Summerset - Psijic Order/Jewelry Crafting (skill line)
    Elsweyr - Necro(Class)
    _______ - Spellcrafting... Dawnguard/Blades or something like that. (skill line)
    _______ - (Class)
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • CambionDaemon
    CambionDaemon
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure in a Reddit AMA a few months back, they said it is not going to happen anytime soon (if ever).
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I love the idea of introducing new weapons.. I have a hard time believing it will ever happen since a new weapon = new motifs. They would need to design like 40+ motifs to match all the existing ones.

The datamined 1H & Rune would require no new motifs.

I think magicka is due for a weapon that's not a wooden stick, and I'd much prefer this over Spellcrafting. The latter is bound to result in yet more must-have skills, and when such skills are available to all, there can be no diversity. No thanks.