The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nice job on the Healing Changes

Jeremy
Jeremy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to compliment the current design team on the changes to Rapid Regeneration. So far, it's been working just like I hoped it would and provides healers with a powerful reactive heal that is omnidirectional.

I did a round of pledges today as my Templar Healer and it was first time I actually enjoyed playing my healer since the Breath of Life nerfs. I was finally able to center myself among the group to make use of my Templar Ritual ability while still being able to effectively heal damage-dealers who were behind me or off to the side dealing with adds without having to spin my character around like a blind idiot trying to locate them (which drove me nuts) So job well done. I'm actually going to start playing my healer again thanks to these changes.
Edited by Jeremy on August 13, 2019 2:40PM
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna reserve judgement until I get a few dungeons under my belt with new changes, but I'm not as pessimistic as others seem to be regarding the healing changes.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breath of Life was nerfed at least partially because its omnidirectionalness was deemed "too OP" in PvP. In fact a major complaint was that people shouldn't be able to heal people behind them as they could just stand in a group and spam heals without intelligently participating in the PvP battle.
    I mentioned the irony of this in PTS, I'm surprised it went live, and I'm skeptical that this change will remain untouched if it starts being identified as "overhealing" or "unfair" in PvP.

Also I'm glad to hear it is enjoyable but I would like to point out that the previous meta playstyle of healers was heavily criticized by many (incorrectly imo) of requiring no skill because two abilities were "spammed." How an ability that doesn't requiring planning, positioning, or aiming increases skilled game play is a mystery to me. ;) So there is some irony in heralding this change as good.

I hear you on wanting an option for an omnidirectional heal though. I have always thought healers should have one as a save to encourage more dynamic play (I can free someone from a cocoon or help with other mechanics if I don't always have to face people to heal) but I feel it should be an emergency save at a high cost (maybe with a cooldown) not something we can leverage frequently and repeatedly in a short period of time.

My two cents, at the moment it is what it is right now so you might as well enjoy it if you can. :D
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops incoming nerf to rapid rengen LoS, thanks for your feedback tho...
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    Breath of Life was nerfed at least partially because its omnidirectionalness was deemed "too OP" in PvP. In fact a major complaint was that people shouldn't be able to heal people behind them as they could just stand in a group and spam heals without intelligently participating in the PvP battle.
    I mentioned the irony of this in PTS, I'm surprised it went live, and I'm skeptical that this change will remain untouched if it starts being identified as "overhealing" or "unfair" in PvP.

Also I'm glad to hear it is enjoyable but I would like to point out that the previous meta playstyle of healers was heavily criticized by many (incorrectly imo) of requiring no skill because two abilities were "spammed." How an ability that doesn't requiring planning, positioning, or aiming increases skilled game play is a mystery to me. ;) So there is some irony in heralding this change as good.

I hear you on wanting an option for an omnidirectional heal though. I have always thought healers should have one as a save to encourage more dynamic play (I can free someone from a cocoon or help with other mechanics if I don't always have to face people to heal) but I feel it should be an emergency save at a high cost (maybe with a cooldown) not something we can leverage frequently and repeatedly in a short period of time.

My two cents, at the moment it is what it is right now so you might as well enjoy it if you can. :D

Rapid Regeneration actually allows me to position and plan the use of my abilities, like Ritual and others (which requires me to center myself among the group). Without an omnidirectional heal I have to run around like a moron trying to keep everyone in front of me which actually prevents me from planning or positioning - not to mention it's just annoying.

Thanks for letting me know that PvP was behind the Breath of Life nerfs though. I always suspected that was the case. But I was never 100% sure about it. It's really time they just separated PvP and PvE. It's a making a mess of their game.

Edited by Jeremy on August 14, 2019 3:39PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops incoming nerf to rapid rengen LoS, thanks for your feedback tho...

Well that figures....

They finally make healers good again. Now they want to nerf it.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 14, 2019 3:55PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I consider the original change to BoL a stupidity since it required the healer to us DDs as meat shields in some ocassions and because it was a decent feature for PvP in case of groups. Nevertheless, I don't see a problem between the logic of the BoL nerf and Rapid rework, since the later requires you to run a healing staff. In PvP, unless you have an amazing build never discovered, most people slots resto staff backbar. Compared to the complaint against BoL which allowed you to use it front bar with your DD weapon, I don't think it is a problem. In fact, it should have been done that way since BoL lost it omnidirectional feature (more like a trade)

Glad ZoS did something at least, but BoL should have never been touched without givig healers something to compensate, which they have it done now.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique