The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

"Mortal's Mask" skin to hide vampirism - how do you want it?

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please describe in comment).
    The only way I can see something like this working is through some sort of sacrifice (food buff, 5pcs set bonus etc.) that would only have "hide vampirism visual effect".

Other than that, it could simply disable vampire passives & skills if used (skin).

The problem here is that eliminating one of the drawbacks would cause all ppl to run vamp & simply hide it via skin. Yes, 99% of player base, the other 1% would run WW.

Speaking of, even WW has a "sacrifice" if you passively slot it for % stam recovery, as you are missing an ultimate slot.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it just the way it is, but I don't understand why is should make my tats fade 😕
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, if you wanna be a vampire you have to be prepared to look like a vampire...

It's a game. Just a game. Ther purpose of a game is to give joy. Since vasmpirism can be easily detected in pvp without looking at skin composition, then I see no reason to give us a cosmetic item to customise our characters the way we want it.

Our plea isn't to give us a cosmetic item to cover vampirism, because we already have those. Our plea is to give us cosmetic item that will make us look the way we want.
    This thread has already proven that there are many people who want this simple cosmetic item. I would even make a wild guess that there are more people who want it, than people who wan't blue eyeleshes. And we already have an item that changes eyelashes to blue.
    In the light of these simple facts, your argument is invalid.

It's a game with an established universe and lore. It should remain internally consistent. It is a game and should be fun, but fun is not the only thing to consider. And just because people want something is not, in itself, a good reason to have it, especially if it runs contrary to the established rules of the universe in which the game is set.

In light of these simple facts, your argument is invalid.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    es4eva wrote: »
    I mean, if you wanna be a vampire you have to be prepared to look like a vampire...

It's a game. Just a game. Ther purpose of a game is to give joy. Since vasmpirism can be easily detected in pvp without looking at skin composition, then I see no reason to give us a cosmetic item to customise our characters the way we want it.

Our plea isn't to give us a cosmetic item to cover vampirism, because we already have those. Our plea is to give us cosmetic item that will make us look the way we want.
    This thread has already proven that there are many people who want this simple cosmetic item. I would even make a wild guess that there are more people who want it, than people who wan't blue eyeleshes. And we already have an item that changes eyelashes to blue.

It's a game with an established universe and lore. It should remain internally consistent. It is a game and should be fun, but fun is not the only thing to consider. And just because people want something is not, in itself, a good reason to have it, especially if it runs contrary to the established rules of the universe in which the game is set.

There are multiple instances of vampires in Elder Scrolls games and lore being able to pass as humans and live among humans. Mortal's Mask skin would this actually be lorefrendly.
    In light of this simple fact, your argument is invalid.
  • es4eva
    es4eva
    ✭✭✭

There are multiple instances of vampires in Elder Scrolls games and lore being able to pass as humans and live among humans. Mortal's Mask skin would this actually be lorefrendly.

Those are isolated, special cases.

Your argument is invalid.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to look just like I did before vampirism.

Those are isolated, special cases.

Your argument is invalid.

Oh, please, we can even put on infernal epidermis on our characters, or other nonsense from dungeons. Where is your lore logics there?

Moreover "mortal skin" could be just a layer of tonal cream, mkay?
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think they have the right to say how (my) character should look?
    Do you own (my) account? No, so you have no say in how I want (my) characters to look.

And I say I want to have better skins for vampires. Don’t like? Then don’t buy or wear. Simple.

Edit: also those “isolated cases” are possibly false. If I remember correctly, there’s probably well over 100 species of vampires. Some having different strains, so no, hiding apprearences wouldn’t exactly be secluded to one species only.
    Edited by Reistr_the_Unbroken on August 14, 2019 3:00PM
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    I want a skin that makes my Argonian look like a Breton.
  • iris56
    iris56
    ✭✭✭
    All my vampires have resorted to the arctic rime skin. They look a little like they have a rash, but its definitely an improvement!
  • forfoxsakemary
    This needs to be implemented ! Especially since, in the history of the Elder Scrolls, there HAS been clans who would be able to "conceal" and hide their vampirism to look like normal people, such as the Cyrodiil Vampyrum Order and the Glenmoril Wyrd/Coven, so it would even make sense with the lore. All the skins are way too flashy! It's cool when you wanna show off, but I would love to have a "basic" skin for Roleplaying! The Arctic Rime isn't too bad, but up close it mostly looks like a weird skin disease.

Please Zenimax! Hear our prayers! <3
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Illusion
  • xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to look a little bit paler than mortals but without purple veins and red eyes.
    My main is a vampire. She loves the way she looks in stage 1 minus the veins, but she needs something to make her look normal when she's flitting about in stage 4. I tried covering half her face and giving her the commander personality. I now have nightmares about her.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Being a vampire is sad because your tattoos are faded, barely visible. It would be nice if this was not the case.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So people walking around in the Sunspire skin or VMOL skin is in the lore?
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »

So people walking around in the Sunspire skin or VMOL skin is in the lore?

Don't try to convince those people. Logics doesn't work in their case. They get upset if other people around them are happy and having fun.
  • forfoxsakemary
    Is there a way to tag any devs or any way to be heard on this?
  • 2Weenies
    2Weenies
    ✭✭✭
    While I do enjoy the monstrous look, I typically cover myself up with the zombie skin, since it looks far more grotesque.

However, sometimes for RP sake or just because I like to remember what I used to look like, I'd kill for a skin that definitely made me look normal, but not quite. I'm still a vampire, and my illusion shouldn't be absolutely flawless.

Appearance is practically default. Only difference is irises are red, and skin/fur are noticeably pale. Not "paler than a draugr's bare bottom in the snow" pale, but just a slight dulling of pigment. No veins, eye glow, or bloodshot eyes. Perfect to imitate a mortal, but not so flawless that it ruins the fact that, hey, I like to dine on throats every couple of hours or so.
    "We're watching you, scum." ~ Every Ordinator who witnesses my social media commentary
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this thread is back again, I just want to add that I'm sad that the bug where disguises hid vampirism was fixed without implementing an option to hide it by other means.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    While this thread is back again, I just want to add that I'm sad that the bug where disguises hid vampirism was fixed without implementing an option to hide it by other means.

Yes. Me too.
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    I’m fine with it the skin, veins, eyes or what ever. I’d just like the tattoos I’ve bought / earned to be visible if I’m vampire. Honestly don’t know why they haven’t fixed at least that. Seems it’d be loosing them money. I mean why buy tattoos from the crown store if they’re not going to show on your character.
  • waswar292
    waswar292
    ✭✭
    I want to look as if on stage 1 vampirism (pale, a little bit of purple veins and red eyes).
    Stage 1 vampirism is very sightly! Too bad stages 3 and 4 do quite a number on one's appearance.
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something similar to how Harkon and Serana looks in Skyrim: Dawnguard
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • forfoxsakemary
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Sorry, don't wanna be annoying, but could we at least know if the subject has been taken in consideration at all? 😅
    Edited by forfoxsakemary on October 9, 2019 2:47PM
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just don't be a vampire lol
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The world is a vampire, be unique go argonian!
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    But i really just want them to fix the tattoos and give the vampire skin the same resolution as the normal skin
    Edited by yRaven on October 9, 2019 10:55PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all vampires come to the sad conclusion that they look awfull, especially at stage four. It has been raised many times that we would love to have some kind of skin to hide our vampirism. But how do you want it implemented? How do you want to look after putting the skin on?

I think if you want to be a vampire then you should have to accept that vampires look different. Its always been thus in lore, surely.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all vampires come to the sad conclusion that they look awfull, especially at stage four. It has been raised many times that we would love to have some kind of skin to hide our vampirism. But how do you want it implemented? How do you want to look after putting the skin on?

I think if you want to be a vampire then you should have to accept that vampires look different. Its always been thus in lore, surely.

• Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

That would cost magicka to cast and probably to maintain and/or would last for a short period or could end under certain circumstances. I could see illusion spells being in the vampire skill line as an active skill. But it would be most useful if there were gameplay reasons for the skill and not just personal preference to hide the skill effects.

I have a vampire and even at stage 4 I think he looks okay but then he looked a bit like a vampire before he got the bite.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go vamp again if I could completely hide the visual effects and go back to my original appearance.