Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO on Google Stadia

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So with ESO coming to Google Stadia in November, does anyone know if this will be PC platform or it's own platform?
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should focus on their performance issues on their already existing platforms! Not add it to another.

PC EU
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares, Stadia will be a complete failure, especially in countries without a decent HIGH-SPEED broadband network .. you know, like the US doesn't have!

There are so many things wrong with the idea of game streaming it'll never be more than a rich-boy's toy.

This is one of many videos explaining the reality of this, Google are in denial if they think this tech. has any useful purpose this side of 2030: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_4ORG_mzI
    Edited by KerinKor on August 14, 2019 10:36AM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »
    They should focus on their performance issues on their already existing platforms! Not add it to another.

But if it's just giving you access to existing platform, how is this mutually exclusive with improving performance?
    Surely adding greater accessibility for existing players just makes things better? Or am I not seeing something?
    I travel a lot and would love the idea of only needing to bring a Chromecast and gamepad with me to log into ESO
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not convinced Stadia is a good and functional idea for anything more than crafting dailies…

What was shown of "Stadia in action" at E3 didn't seem too smooth.
    You can see the heavy lag here:
    https://gfycat.com/meagerflimsyghostshrimp

Add that on top of ESO's wonky server performance and keep in mind your own internet connection might not be as professional and super-high-speed as what they had available at a presentation at the world's biggest gaming conference. Oof.
    Edited by Cheezits94 on August 14, 2019 10:58AM
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think about it.. The only logical answer to your question is "No, Stadia won't become its own platform."
    The maybe 100 people that would play on a Stadia server wouldn't be able to experience any group content at all. That service won't be a thing for the masses anytime soon - every time ESO gets a patch, we have people complaining about big ESO patches because they have limited data plans.
    And not only do you need unlimited data for a service like that, it needs to be high speed for that as well. And at least in Germany, a 3rd-world-country when it comes to internet, not even 5% of all households have fibre. My parents live in a smaller town in rural north germany and this is the fastest internet they can get (i took a photo of a speedtest last time i was there):

IMG_20190607_215645.jpg?width=501&height=376

PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you think about it, the incredible server performance due to simply no one playing there and a maximum of maybe 50 players online at any given time would probably even out the streaming lag. :D
    Not that you would need good performance anyways because there wouldn't be any pvp or competetive pve, but ye.
    Edited by Cheezits94 on August 14, 2019 11:21AM
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Berserkerkitten
    Berserkerkitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, can you imagine playing ESO via Stadia? With ESO's abysmal server performance, combined with streaming gameplay and North American 3rd world internet? You may as well play it by post! You know, send a postcard to Zenimax, which tells them which button you'd like to press next and they'll send you a postcard in return, which contains a screenshot of what happened next.
    Nobody cares about your endless list of terribly-named characters.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »

But if it's just giving you access to existing platform, how is this mutually exclusive with improving performance?
    Surely adding greater accessibility for existing players just makes things better? Or am I not seeing something?
    I travel a lot and would love the idea of only needing to bring a Chromecast and gamepad with me to log into ESO

A Road Warrier such as yourself would be the perfect candidate for using Stadia. However, in the US, have you experienced the poor bandwidth performance of most hotels? Most hotels get 40Mb to 100Mb to share among hundreds of rooms, all of whom are streaming Netflix when you want to game. And those are the ones that spring for Fiber Internet. Forget the hotels that use a Cable Modem or worse, DSL. 5G is not going to be the savior either, as the uplink to the Cell Sites is going to be the bottle neck for that technology, so speeds are still going to be limited. So, I can't imagine this game, or any game really, will be a good experience.

In other words, that which works decently on a LAN, does not work all that well on a WAN. Well, maybe you could play Angry Birds or Candy Crush....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What i'm saying is they should fix their performance before adding the game to another platform.

But instead they focus on Crown store and crown crate stuff constantly instead of focusing on the actual problems. Not to mention bombnerfs constantly with new patches.

I'm telling you, this will doom ESO in the long run.
    PC EU
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would imagine it goes to the PC platform. Meaning you would be able to log into your existing account. Maybe. Hopefully
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

A Road Warrier such as yourself would be the perfect candidate for using Stadia. However, in the US, have you experienced the poor bandwidth performance of most hotels? Most hotels get 40Mb to 100Mb to share among hundreds of rooms, all of whom are streaming Netflix when you want to game. And those are the ones that spring for Fiber Internet. Forget the hotels that use a Cable Modem or worse, DSL. 5G is not going to be the savior either, as the uplink to the Cell Sites is going to be the bottle neck for that technology, so speeds are still going to be limited. So, I can't imagine this game, or any game really, will be a good experience.

In other words, that which works decently on a LAN, does not work all that well on a WAN. Well, maybe you could play Angry Birds or Candy Crush....

I am lucky where I am in Europe that in most towns & cities I can get 30-40mbps using 4g on my phone with an unlimited data package. In truth I am aware of the limitations mentioned by others. I really just wanted to know if anybody knew which platform will be offered on Stadia.
    I'm 50/50 on the fence in signing up to the pre-launch package because the system (albeit not without issues) suits my gaming needs. Knowing for sure that ESO platform offered will allow me log into my existing PCEU account would probably clinch the deal for me.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    Nvidia has their version of this as well. You get the pc graphics but not the pc addons. On top of that, some of the buttons that are needed to res people or pull up a map and the like are not usable because their branded overlay uses them on the controller and so you have less functionality on the controller than you would with either a console or a true pc setup with a controller.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Who cares, Stadia will be a complete failure, especially in countries without a decent HIGH-SPEED broadband network .. you know, like the US doesn't have!

There are so many things wrong with the idea of game streaming it'll never be more than a rich-boy's toy.

This is one of many videos explaining the reality of this, Google are in denial if they think this tech. has any useful purpose this side of 2030: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_4ORG_mzI

I disagree. I sit in my office at work with a bluetooth android controller on my phone playing my games on steamlink from my pc at home using Verizon mobile data (unlimited plan obv) and it's near flawless.

If I can do that already with such a weird setup, stadia is going to work just fine.

Eso on the other hand can't perform well on anything so that's gonna be a fail or I'll eat my boots.