The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faction lock and no cp cyrodiil..

Coldus12
Coldus12
Soul Shriven
I dont like the cp pvp campaign, simply because i suck at it, and i dont want to play it. Also battlegrounds are no cp, so when i design a pvp build i dont have cp in mind and leave that to my pve setup.

BUT there is only ONE no cp cyrodiil campaign and as you all know there are THREE factions. I have several (almost only made for) pvp toons, and when i made them i didnt know there would be a faction lock thus i have several toons with which i cannot play openworld no cp pvp and i have to choose which toon i want to be able to play open world with for a MONTH.

So either please give us A) a 7 day no cp cyrodiil campaign (so at least i can play 2 factions) B ) Let there be a faction change token or something so i can make my existing toons be all DC/EP/AD C) Make faction lock only last a week and after that you can change factions if you want to...

Anyway as of now i feel like this system sucks, because had i known this before, then all my toons would belong to a single faction since you can do all the faction questlines on any faction anyway therefore the only place where your alliance matters is in Cyrodiil.

Also this probably hurts those who doesnt have all races - all alliances since they couldnt even really commit to a single alliance...
Edited by Coldus12 on July 20, 2019 1:29PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, pretty frustrating that the only non cp campaign we have is faction locked. The other issue is that we probably don’t have enough of a pvp playerbase to support another 7 day campaign. So we’re kind of stuck. :/
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its a horrible system. Cyrodill has never been in a worse place as it is now. The lag is just as bad as its always been also. The artific weapon is always taken by zergs of the winning faction. The faction lock is simply idiotic, goes completely against what One Tamriel aimed to do. I also have multiple characters on all 3 factions, now i must choose which group of friends i want to play with. So incredibly stupid!
    Ad Victoriam!
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, lag hasn't been as bad past 2 days.

Faction lock is still dumb. At least make it so once you abandon and pay fee you could swap. Deters people but could still use all toons if they wanted. Could even up the fee.

Get rid of abandon fee for first 24/48h of new campaign.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Agreed, pretty frustrating that the only non cp campaign we have is faction locked. The other issue is that we probably don’t have enough of a pvp playerbase to support another 7 day campaign. So we’re kind of stuck. :/

im not sure a 7 days no cp campaign would not be fun

We might be surprised