Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DOTs are not the problem , lack of purge is.

JonnytheKing
JonnytheKing
✭✭✭✭
Why didn't ZOS make a purge available to everyone, like making mutagen a purge and a morph of vigor a purge? Problem solved
TWITCH jtk__gaming
GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
Main Toons
MagSorc
MagTemp
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is Zos we are talking about.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a skill called purge, available to everyone, that does that, and you have like 3 sets with built-in purge effects : Curse Eater, Stendarr's Embrace, Wyrd Tree's Blessing.
    Edited by Elwendryll on August 14, 2019 9:24AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    There is a skill called purge, available to everyone, that does that, and you have like 3 sets with built-in purge effects.

How often can you purge on a stam toon before you're stripped of your mag pool?

E: and about the sets: they are all magicka based too.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 14, 2019 9:23AM
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coz they want and they hope you buy the support skill line with the skill purge :P
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a skill called purge, available to everyone, that does that, and you have like 3 sets with built-in purge effects.

lol only 3 mins for someone to bring that up, i think you're missing the point
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots get reapplied instantly and spamming purge is too costly and not very effective. Dots are the problem.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, it does not favor stamina. I was just answering the question.

And honestly, just kill your opponent and then cleanse once so you don't die :p
    Edited by Elwendryll on August 14, 2019 9:28AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.

• Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a skill called purge, available to everyone, that does that, and you have like 3 sets with built-in purge effects : Curse Eater, Stendarr's Embrace, Wyrd Tree's Blessing.

if i stampede u, it is possible that u have to purge 3 times, just to negate all the negative effects. 1button vs whole manapool?
    Purge is crap.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePlayer wrote: »
    Coz they want and they hope you buy the support skill line with the skill purge :P
    This is only an issue in PvP, Khajiit think most PvP players has support rank 4 or higher for some reason.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

if i stampede u, it is possible that u have to purge 3 times, just to negate all the negative effects. 1button vs whole manapool?
    Purge is crap.

I didn't say it was good. It was just an exhaustive list of all the purges that are available to everyone.

By the way, what would be the 3 effects? Bleeding from heavy weapons if you a battleaxe? Merciless Charge Dot if it's a Maelstrom one. Poison DoT if you have a Poison enchant?
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

Purge is crap.

I didn't say it was good. It was just an exhaustive list of all the purges that are available to everyone.

By the way, what would be the 3 effects? Bleeding from heavy weapons if you a battleaxe? Merciless Charge Dot if it's a Maelstrom one. Poison DoT if you have a Poison enchant?

Heavy weapon
    merciless charge dot
    two poison dots from alchemical poison
    major fracture from night mothers gaze

that alone are 5
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    Purge shouldnt be available to everyone, at least not in the way everyone can use it efficiently. It is fine, if you build for using the alliance purge. Otherwise it is better, if cleansing is exclusive to a few classes.
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Purge shouldnt be available to everyone, at least not in the way everyone can use it efficiently. It is fine, if you build for using the alliance purge. Otherwise it is better, if cleansing is exclusive to a few classes.

why?
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

About as often as i can dodge roll on a mag toon before i'm stripped of my stam pool.

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Only DK should be allowed to block.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for a stam based purge morph 😂
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a couple of days in Cyrodiil CP 30 day, DoT's are not as bad as many here make them seem. You should be able to survive easily with one or maybe two players placing DoT's on you. If you are getting many players placing DoT's on you then you are being focused and should die or at least be forced to retreat.
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

why?

Because limiting the accessibility of skills allows ZOS to create defined strengths and weaknesses which promotes build diversity and class identity. This whole "play as you want, every class needs to be able to do everything mentality" is why classes get nerfed into the ground. We can't have skills like wings, and also expect to do high burst damage. We can't have streak and shields, while also expecting good healing. We can't have cloak, while also expecting to be tanky. When class weaknesses start getting covered up, ZOS hits their signature playstyles so the "play as you want" people don't get affected. Since you main a sorc, you must realize how absolutely dumb it is that sorcs not only lost major sorcery, but then lost their major sorcery skill to a group AOE heal. But this is what happens when people think classes should be able to do everything.

So no, I'd prefer purge wasn't easily accessible for all specs. Because then, instead of nerfing purge, they're just going to nerf whichever class becomes broken since they shouldn't have had such easy access to purge in the first place.

Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    After a couple of days in Cyrodiil CP 30 day, DoT's are not as bad as many here make them seem. You should be able to survive easily with one or maybe two players placing DoT's on you. If you are getting many players placing DoT's on you then you are being focused and should die or at least be forced to retreat.

u shouldnt die to trash players becouse u have no way to counter, and u cant LOS dots that half the problem

TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »

why?

Because limiting the accessibility of skills allows ZOS to create defined strengths and weaknesses which promotes build diversity and class identity. This whole "play as you want, every class needs to be able to do everything mentality" is why classes get nerfed into the ground. We can't have skills like wings, and also expect to do high burst damage. We can't have streak and shields, while also expecting good healing. We can't have cloak, while also expecting to be tanky. When class weaknesses start getting covered up, ZOS hits their signature playstyles so the "play as you want" people don't get affected. Since you main a sorc, you must realize how absolutely dumb it is that sorcs not only lost major sorcery, but then lost their major sorcery skill to a group AOE heal. But this is what happens when people think classes should be able to do everything.

So no, I'd prefer purge wasn't easily accessible for all specs. Because then, instead of nerfing purge, they're just going to nerf whichever class becomes broken since they shouldn't have had such easy access to purge in the first place.

HOLY CRAP iv never seen so much in one post ,
    so all those things u said all %100 wrong, wrong wrong wrong, sorcs still have major sorcery , my night blade si tanky and dks do have good burst. and for the last thing, u said, makes my point for me , if we get a purge good dot classes and skills won't get nerfed, but if we don't they will. they should be a counter to everything , or wats the point of getting good.

anyway I'm going to guess u still won't get it but I tried
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I've felt that Dragonknight's Cauterize should remove one negative effect on activation and then every 5 seconds, in addition to the heal provided.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is wrong. Over-performing dots ARE the problem. If everyone had easy access to purge and can remove dots left and right, why have dots in the first place?

Also, it would be waaaay boring if everyone is suddenly forced to slot a purge because it was introduced as the counter to the over performing dots. We already have too many necessary skills on a very crowded bar.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has access to purge ... whether it be a slotted skill or through a specific gear set.

Not wanting to use that accessibility (in favor of higher damage or sustain) is a choice for every player, including the OP.

In other words, you're asking for a handout from ZOS when the option is already there for you.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 14, 2019 4:13PM
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH OP is right though; same as Nightblades being the only class with a good invisibility (spammable skill vs drink a potion with 45 sec cooldown).

Now, I don´t mind that templars have a better purge skill than other classes, or that nightblades are better at stealth.

I mind that there is no generic version of these.

At the moment the purge skill is a group skill.

I´d be much in favour of putting in a generic purge, stealth etc in, for example, the FG and MG skillines. They have been moving in that direction a little bit though.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on August 14, 2019 4:18PM
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im pretty sure anyone who pvp's has access to efficient purge since its a rank 4 alliance war support skill.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How often can you dodge roll, break free, or sneak on a Magicka toon?

Magicka dodge roll and break free when?

Sounds like you are now starting to experience what Magicka players had to experience with CC for years.

L2P Stamina boys! Oh wait I am one too. LUL
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »

why?

HOLY CRAP iv never seen so much in one post ,
    so all those things u said all %100 wrong, wrong wrong wrong, sorcs still have major sorcery , my night blade si tanky and dks do have good burst. and for the last thing, u said, makes my point for me , if we get a purge good dot classes and skills won't get nerfed, but if we don't they will. they should be a counter to everything , or wats the point of getting good.

Yes, sorcs still have major sorcery, on the skill they don't want to use...

They also still have access to strong healing, at the cost of their shields and pets...

Yes, Nightblades are still tanky, and shadowy disguise is garbage because of it...(although dot meta makes it useful again I guess)

Yes, Dks do have good burst, and now wings don't reflect anymore...

Yes, the dots won't get nerfed. The class abusing purge would get nerfed because they were probably designed to not have easy access to purge unless they were in a group...

I'm not the best writer, but I thought what I wrote was pretty clear. We can't have unique and powerful skills without real weaknesses to compensate for them.

As an aside, there is already an existing counter to dots. It's called grouping with a class that does have easy access to purge. I know expecting players to group in a massively multiplayer online game seems outlandish, but just hear me out. The devs may have tried to design the game in such a way that class weakness can be covered up by working together with a player from a different class. And no I'm not asking you to zerg. 2-3 other players is a reasonable group size that will still allow you take on bad players outnumbered so you can feel good about yourself. Hell, you can do it with two if you find a really good templar.

Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How often can you dodge roll, break free, or sneak on a Magicka toon?

Magicka dodge roll and break free when?

Sounds like you are now starting to experience what Magicka players had to experience with CC for years.

L2P Stamina boys! Oh wait I am one too. LUL

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

u shouldnt die to trash players becouse u have no way to counter, and u cant LOS dots that half the problem

Hm...So it is about having to take damage from behind a tree. Wow.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has access to purge ... whether it be a slotted skill or through a specific gear set.

Not wanting to use that accessibility (in favor of higher damage or sustain) is a choice for every player, including the OP.

In other words, you're asking for a handout from ZOS when the option is already there for you.

OP just asks for stamina purge which will have "standard 15% stamina cost reduction" and another 10-12% of cost reduction due to medium armor passive. Then just make efficient purge stamina morph. As for now you propose stamina to heavily invest in off-resource. You may say that magicka has to invest to off-resource too to break free/roll-dodge - true, but magicka doesn't use stamina utility skills, so if you need to use magicka utility skills AND purge you need to have very high magicka recovery.

Btw, there is rather easy adaption for all this - prisoner's set + ranged build. Now imagine all stamina will be sprinting around in prisoner's with bow/bow, spam new caltrops all over the territory to have ranged major fracture and spam caustic arrow (which every PVE-er farms right now for PVE) with snipe and soul trap, i'm just interested who you will be able to kill then if everybody will be ranged and at speed cap.

Game is build on counterplay between ranged and melee, if everyone will run ranged, disengaging as soon as they out of magicka for purge... this will be a real fun game (no).