Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch v5.1.5 is a joke

Artanonh
Artanonh
✭✭✭
Dear Zeni team, the title actually says so.

This is not about the newly added content but about the changes you've made to the armor, attacks ect.
You build up a char for a long time laboriously and costly, experimenting with armor and skills until you finally have your char so that he is optimal. Spends a lot of gold to get the armor (just for jewelry) on Legendary.
And then one day Zeni comes along and throws half of everything over the pile. Skills no longer have the effects as before, some armor in the current combination no longer effective or sometimes no longer useful, such as. some monster helmet sets you have worked hard for.
So you have to start all over again.
What is that supposed to do?
You could have fed half of the stuff over the pile of higher CP armor, for example, cp 200, that would have made sense.
But this is just a joke, who now takes over the costs for the conversion of the chars? You certainly not, right?

Instead of taking care of really important things like more guild content, that's what happens.

You have 99% of our guild member just scrambled the game and it is seriously thought about canceling the subscriptions and to change the game because no one is up for it.

Great Zeni made, really great
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes are a staple of any MMO. From FFXIV, to WoW, Neverwinter, to ESO. Armor, skills, classes themselves...all are subject to change.

No game in this genre stays the same. If you ever think a class or build will stay the same, you're only fooling yourself.
    Maybe the MMO genre isn't for you....
    (You in a general sense, not personal)
  • Artanonh
    Artanonh
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Changes are a staple of any MMO. From FFXIV, to WoW, Neverwinter, to ESO. Armor, skills, classes themselves...all are subject to change.

No game in this genre stays the same. If you ever think a class or build will stay the same, you're only fooling yourself.

I know but its depens of what changes you make. If they had set the cp cap for armor from 160 up to, lets say, 200 it would make sense, but just changing armor A with armor D bc armor A dosnt work now so good anymore its just stupid
  • Tazzoc
    Tazzoc
    ✭✭
    They do what they want. they are crack addicts in the sense that most people come back after they unsub for a month or 2. Everyone that puts time into there builds understands the Zos meta. They own it. They control the tempo. I just unsubbed after being here since 2014. I've been the addict. The new patch notes suck. If that isn't constructive enough for these forums how about this, they suck hard. All of you addicts need to get a new fix. I'm out. Keep it real in pvp where it's already a ghost town after Monday. You can have my stuff.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt they care anymore about making the game better. Just get us to quit over anything not related to the crap performance.
  • Artanonh
    Artanonh
    ✭✭✭
    Tazzoc wrote: »
    They do what they want. they are crack addicts in the sense that most people come back after they unsub for a month or 2. Everyone that puts time into there builds understands the Zos meta. They own it. They control the tempo. I just unsubbed after being here since 2014. I've been the addict. The new patch notes suck. If that isn't constructive enough for these forums how about this, they suck hard. All of you addicts need to get a new fix. I'm out. Keep it real in pvp where it's already a ghost town after Monday. You can have my stuff.

My guess is that Zos will lose many Players now
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is haunted by demons.
    Bring someone Constantine.
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to this patch i see no more reasons to play this game. This "new designers team" are totally incompetent in class balancing. This nonsense about unique class abilities, that was placed "in-line with other such abilities" drives me mad. This is UNIQUE class abilities! They cannot be "in-line" with something! You want "Swallow Soul" instead of "Crushing Shock"? Play as a Nightblade! Or completely remove classes and give us opportunity to chose abilities by ourselves.
  • coradaelu
    coradaelu
    ✭✭✭
    Artanonh wrote: »

This is not about the newly added content but about the changes you've made to the armor, attacks ect.
    You build up a char for a long time laboriously and costly, experimenting with armor and skills until you finally have your char so that he is optimal. Spends a lot of gold to get the armor (just for jewelry) on Legendary.
    And then one day Zeni comes along and throws half of everything over the pile. Skills no longer have the effects as before, some armor in the current combination no longer effective or sometimes no longer useful, such as. some monster helmet sets you have worked hard for.
    You could have fed half of the stuff over the pile of higher CP armor, for example, cp 200, that would have made sense.
    But this is just a joke, who now takes over the costs for the conversion of the chars? You certainly not, right?

Instead of taking care of really important things like more guild content, that's what happens.

You have 99% of our guild member just scrambled the game and it is seriously thought about canceling the subscriptions and to change the game because no one is up for it.

Relax.. it happens in almost all MMORPGs, ESO is too casual/easy mode to get these sets literally takes me 1 or 3 days to get one viable build when patch arrives... the thing here is the game direction is not good so many bad changes.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO changes are fine... or at least decent. Take Nightblade Relentless Focus. They made it so it is now a useful buff and you have the choice to spend the buff for burst damage. The 3% mitigation was a bit over the top, 2% is fine. Some people wanted it to stay the same as it always was, well tough. It´s not like it´s unheard of, in fact I don´t remember a multiplayer game regularly patched that didn´t have these kinds of changes (Teuton TCs in AoE2, I remember you...).

The problem for me is this: there is virtually nowhere in the game where the skills really matter;

I play quests, well you shred everything including bosses. Pledges? I can shred through on normal and most of the veteran rewards don´t seem good enough for me to sit in a queue for 15 mins, also I don´t want to invest in a guild for vet trials at the moment. PvP? Meh, been there done that.

I´ll just semi-hijack this thread and say that what this game needs is a new arena like Maelstrom, a veteran mode for questing, and maybe something like a 'survive for as long as you can vs waves of enemies'-zone. Something to keep the interest up for those of us who have finished the SP portions of the game and don´t feel like investing so much time into getting skins, motifs, whatever.

Now just for the people saying 'it´s an MMO moron, M for multiplayer'. Well, ESO was always marketed as a game where you could have a single player experience. It has just been woefully neglected over the years and I for one won´t subscribe again until the SP portion of the game grabs my interest again.
    Edited by MaleAmazon on August 14, 2019 8:21AM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some players everything is too hard for digestion,

Adapt and enjoy or you will be missing ESO
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on August 14, 2019 9:27AM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes they are.

But it would be foolish to deny that ESO does it FAR MORE OFTEN and on a FAR BIGGER SCALE than almost any other game.

It's almost like the Devs have no idea what they are doing so completely over-egg the changes, then have to over-egg more changes to try and balance out the last changes, rather than admit they went too far.... ...oh, wait.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_Winkle wrote: »
    Thanks to this patch i see no more reasons to play this game. This "new designers team" are totally incompetent in class balancing. This nonsense about unique class abilities, that was placed "in-line with other such abilities" drives me mad. This is UNIQUE class abilities! They cannot be "in-line" with something! You want "Swallow Soul" instead of "Crushing Shock"? Play as a Nightblade! Or completely remove classes and give us opportunity to chose abilities by ourselves.

If it’s not clear, the combat team isn’t really in charge of the games direction. I think it seems obvious that the focus of this game is ultimately determined by what will make the most money. This is not a small indie game, this is a huge corporate title. For example, after all these years we are seeing the monetization of skill lines and buffing of these skill lines. That’s not a coincidence. The game is nearing the end phase of its life. The way to make money now is by giving new comers a quick way to catch up with cash. Additionally the vast majority of PvPers are casuals who don’t think 1vX should be possible. So expect the game to cater to those people and share holders in general with a few scraps tossed to experienced players.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully agree - Adapt and Enjoy - that should be goal in any game.

When you have multiple toons on account you should not bother about changes or some single class underperforming as you have plenty of toons to pick from.

When they put some freshness into game, change something, we should be rather happy than complain, since in this way they kill the boredom which always appears in game when nothing changes for a longer time. The key changes are vital for survival.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sad, but I believe you are correct. @Vapirko
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regard to the sets you can leave everything as it was, at least in pve. For skills, you have to change them, for stamina at least one skill has to be changed, for magickas more than one.
    What i give you 100% right, is the lack of new guild quests and any other kind of interesting quests/daily.
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@everyone all zos bashing posts need to end with this line from now on :D
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must be new. This isn't the first time sets have been "nerfed" and certainly won't be the last.
    I remember farming for Sunderflame for my main, a stam DK, myself and some guildies farmed vCoA for 2 weeks solid. 30 ish runs a night so I could get the necklace. Then 2 months later ZOS nerfed it into the ground.
    Was I pissed off? Yep. Did I throw my teddies out of the pram? No, I went and farmed new sets and I still main my stam DK and I still have that full set of Sunderflame, all golded, sat in my house storage.

#SunderflameBrigadeForLife
    Sheep, Shark, Turtle, Mitro & myself
    Edited by Hamish999 on August 14, 2019 10:21AM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    What is your purpose for this game...best dps score? best player? super hero? always the 1st?...
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP wise - Stop playing StReamErS MeTa BuiLds duh, and you will be fine. After this patch I swapped 1 set and 1 skill and I can harvest APs again and still have few very effective non meta setups. When you use the most cheese setup that most people run what do you expect?

PvE wise - that's why I don't like PvE endgame, run meta or don't bother to even try to get into a trial.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • TankinatorFR
    TankinatorFR
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you are lucky Mayrael. I don't play meta either, but have been hit hard by every single major update this year.
    Well, not the first year it happen to me, on this game or other MMO. And not the last either, saddly.
    Edited by TankinatorFR on August 14, 2019 12:17PM
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then one day Zeni comes along and throws half of everything over the pile

Funny that, when people who had spent over 4 years building their Bosmer thief complained about the loss of their stealth, most reactions were like "bah, who cares, Bosmers are better that way" (which they are not), "nobody cares about RP" (that's gameplay, actually) and whatnot.

But a small adjustment to armors and skills, that merely requires to change a few habits and tweak some gear, as opposed to completely breaking and removing a race bonus that can NOT be replaced by any mean, is now cause for significant outcry ?

I really don't understand people. Oh, yeah, actually I do. Nerfing s*** to hell and back is okay if it doesn't happen to them.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I stopped being invested in this game in a competitive sense. Constant rebalancing because they can't get it right hurts more than it helps. Now this is game is basically just a social environment for me, rather than a game in which I care about legitimate progress.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NONSENSE - i dont know ONE mmo who has so many so frequent so drastic changes to complete overhauls to classes and skills as eso - without direction or purpose that no one asked for and mostly just break things

The eso team has just no direction at all - one team runs to the left and the next runs to the right - their direction is simply horrible if at all existant
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    PvP wise - Stop playing StReamErS MeTa BuiLds duh, and you will be fine. After this patch I swapped 1 set and 1 skill and I can harvest APs again and still have few very effective non meta setups. When you use the most cheese setup that most people run what do you expect?

PvE wise - that's why I don't like PvE endgame, run meta or don't bother to even try to get into a trial.

Few streamers I watch run any “meta” builds, at least not anymore. They either run fairly regular setups or something of their own creation. Personally I was running medium last patch with hulking and NMG on my Stamplar and the ramped up dot damage, ult delays, higher cost of ritual among other things has made an already iffy armor type pretty much a no go. There’s nothing meta about that build. This patch is absolutely catering to lower skill PvPers.
  • JahneeO
    JahneeO
    ✭✭✭
    Man, this happens every update.

The only thing that changes is who is doing the complaining.
    As someone said above, this stuff only matters when it happens to you.

Well, it happens to everyone, I'm pretty sure when these changes hit the XboneX, I won't even notice.
    But, then again, I am just a filthy casual who plays this game to have fun.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do agree with you they need to stabilize the game and stop making these drastic changes every other month. It's becoming excessive. If they want to mix things up they should do this by adding new abilities and skills - not by constantly changing the ones that are already in the game.

That being said: I believe this patch generally was an improvement on the game. Healers are actually good now, and battlegrounds are no longer mobile black holes of ground attacks swallowing everyone up who goes near. So the debut of this combat team has been a good one in my estimation. I'll cut them some slack initially since they had to address many of the problems that were handed to them from the previous combat team (which was terrible in my opinion). But if this tedious pattern of nerf/buff continues on into the future even under this new combat team I will agree with you.
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you really think they care, we're all here just food.

• KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Combat team is clueless, instead of focusing on 1 aspect of the combat at a time they, say they do audit but change everything else in the meantime, to many variables to test to little time , also they have no plan instead it's typical change skill, adjust,rework etc no direction whatsoever.
    How difficult is it to have a schedule:
    Patch 1- DoTs
    Patch 2 - Healing
    Patch 3 - Ultimates
    And so on and so forth.
    Edited by KageNin on August 14, 2019 5:16PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please tell me how these dumbtastic, mindless, sense-less changes have anything to do with proper AAA MMOs class balance as they do in WoW, GW2 and FFXIV. You know, I also play these games and their class changes can be drastic but are not IDIOTIC, often are GRADUAL and there is ALWAYS a quick readjustments when the changes don't work well. Usually in 2 - 4 weeks it's all fixed. In ESO we must wait from 6 months to 1 year.