Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does medium armor cause better DPS than heavy armor?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
Why does medium armor cause better DPS than heavy armor? Is there a gameplay mechanic explanation? Is it because I have more stamina?
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the passives for the armor skill lines. Heavy armor gives bonuses to health, healing, armor, etc. while medium armor gives bonuses to crit, sustain, weapon damage, etc.

If you don’t have the skill lines unlocked you just have to equip a few pieces of each armor type and they should become visible in your skill page.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Medium armor increases weapon damage, stamina recovery and weapon critical.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    So I should get rid of all heavy armor gear and reemplace it?

HVgXtbC.png

• Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »
    So I should get rid of all heavy armor gear and reemplace it?

HVgXtbC.png

You need help with your build. I’m seeing a lot of mismatched sets. I would suggest going to Alcasthq.com and looking at one of his stamina DK dps builds for a good starting point.
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    I know, I know, I need more gold for a better build. The fastest way so far was putting some medium armor gearsets.

I'll probably do pledges and play the Summerset campaign to obtain more gold.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, I know, I need more gold for a better build. The fastest way so far was putting some medium armor gearsets.

I'll probably do pledges and play the Summerset campaign to obtain more gold.

You can always ask someone in game to craft you a set of Medium Hundings Rage, there are quite a lot of kind players out there. Then you can go to Malabal Tor and do quests, bosses Dolmens etc. to get Sprgigans gear and Jewellery. That should be a good start.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hundings is a Craftable set, if you have the Materials most people will craft it for free.

Leviathan is a dungeon set from Crypt of Hearts if i remember correctly, so you will need to farm that dungeon.

Velidreth is a Monster set, you get the helm by completing Veteran Cradle of Shadows and you get the shoulder from the Middle Undaunted Chest.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Can I also buy those items from the guild vendors?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can buy Hundings yes, but not the others as they are dungeon sets.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Okay thank you!

So I start with Gear Setup 3 Beginner and try o get to setup 2?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy hurdling but it tend to be cheaper to get some in guild to craft it for you.

Another nice set is briarheart, note that you can get daggers from an quest.
    You also have loads of secondary sets.

I uses leviathan, you want jewelry from it as its expensive to craft jewelry.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bored_Owl
    Bored_Owl
    ✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

Then you can go to Malabal Tor and do quests, bosses Dolmens etc. to get Sprgigans gear and Jewellery. That should be a good start.

Spriggans is actually in Bankorai, but it is a very good set for stam dps.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    You can buy hurdling but it tend to be cheaper to get some in guild to craft it for you.

Another nice set is briarheart, note that you can get daggers from an quest.
    You also have loads of secondary sets.

I uses leviathan, you want jewelry from it as its expensive to craft jewelry.

The drawback to Briarheart is that there are no dolmens in Wrothgar for easy jewel farming. You have to rely on drops from other chests (drops are very rare) and the dailies (rare and limited to one a day), The dagger (Materre's Bodkin) is a fixed reward from one specific quest, but you can do it on two characters to get a pair for one of them. It's not character bound, or overly unique. (Some unique items prevent you from using a second instance).
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP if you are playing on PC NA I’m a 9 trait crafter in everything except jewelry. If you get the materials together for what you want I will do it for free.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @fetito666 You should be able to pick up a full set of briarheart while this event is going on. Its everywhere
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans is a good stam set.
    Farm the jewelry at dolmens, then get some boots and waist piece from standard delves - easy 5 piece to farm.
    Either get someone to help or make some Hundings Rage - a good match to the Spriggans.
    (My preference is chest and legs in heavy with a health enchantment - slightly less dps, but good for protection)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP are you CP160 yet? If not don’t worry about any of this. If you are I’m happy to craft you a set of hundings rage for free if you’re on PC/NA. Then you can fill that in with briarheart or spriggans or whatever. DM me here or post your ingame name if you’re on PC/NA.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    Spriggans is a good stam set.
    Farm the jewelry at dolmens, then get some boots and waist piece from standard delves - easy 5 piece to farm.
    Either get someone to help or make some Hundings Rage - a good match to the Spriggans.
    (My preference is chest and legs in heavy with a health enchantment - slightly less dps, but good for protection)

Agree, but...

You can get a Spriggan's set bow from a specific quest as a guaranteed reward, giving you a complete set on one bar. I'd look for your preferred weapon(s) for the other bar in Spriggan's, and have the Hunding's and Undaunted (Monster) stuff on the body. Chest at least in heavy is a good idea. 5/1/1 for most use of the Undaunted passive, and raising the other skills in case you want their passives.