Skill revisions by Mega (no sleep 36 hours up edition)

Im_MegaDeath
Im_MegaDeath
✭✭✭
First, Hi :) I got bored and couldn't sleep so I decided to give a little feedback on skills while ZOS decides to look at them. I know im a little late but better late than never UwU and this will not be grammar checked but I may check my spelling with WORD. Also I am mainly a PvP player now but I have plenty of experience in PvE. That being said if I see a skill change that was clearly changed for PvE I wont bring it up nor will I bring up skills I don't use or haven't used in a while.

Scalebreaker DLC, Skill notes: ---This wont include class skills---

Undaunted -
Inner Fire - Converts into a stamina ability. The enemy takes 5% more damage from your attacks.
Notes - The synergy is still magicka recommend to change it to stam to not only match the ability but to also give the option to match it with teammates considering current and future meta's. Also, The extra 5% dmg the taunting target gets should be a static number to ensure a dmg increase for tanks and advoid DPS from running it for extra dmg (mainly pugs who don't realize it is an aggro ability)
CANNOT COMMENT ON

Psijic Order -
Precognition - You can cast the ability while crown controlled and you will automatically gain crowd control immunity.
Notes - Gaining CC immunity is not worthy of a separate morph of an ULTIMATE!!!! The base ultimate should apply this and another effect should be applied to this morph.
Temporal Guard - While slotted you gain minor protection reducing damage taken by 8%
Notes - While I do appreciate the extra mitigation this ultimate applies I also do not think a passive MINOR buff is worth a ULTIMATE slot. I recommend adding something of a timed Major buff to this ultimate that activates after the ultimate it self. And since the ultimate is low in cost either keep the buff you add also on a low timer around 4 second.
Time Freeze - Removes the cast time, but it takes longer to stun the enemies.
Notes - The ability may have Instant cast but the animation is not! Recommend the animation time buffed to 2 or 3 seconds from 4
Borrowed time - Negates Healing done on the enemies that are stunned.
Notes - With the increased amount of healing done this patch 5k isn't enough to make a dent into individual healing done for stam users ( Vigor ). Now there isn't a need to adjust vigor in my opinion it is in a great spot with the removal of small HOTS ( Forward momentum and rally) in the game. I recommend a increase to 7k heal absorption from 5k to account for the single target heals.

Mages Guild - CANNOT COMMENT ON

Fighters Guild -
Expert Hunter - Invoke your expertise in anatomy and enemy behavior to detect stealth-ed and invisible enemies around you for 5 seconds. exposed enemies cannot return to stealth or invisibility for 3 seconds.
Notes - This is a base ability and while it seems to look fine as a base ability the morphs seem to go towards Damage and not stealth detection. Both morphs in my opinion are fine. I can see a useful case for each but the base ability does not seem notable. It reads like you are an EXPERT HUNTER but the duration is so low its like you are a trainee. I recommend increasing the radius to 12 meters to detect to fall in line with radiant mage lights 12 meters detection since you are a EXPERT HUNTER you should at least be on par with another skill which doesn't brag about detection skill. also bring the duration of detection up to 6, 7, or 8 seconds to either be on par with radiant also or be better.
Circle of protection - Brand the earth at your location with a rune of protection for 20 seconds. you and your allies in the area gain minor protection and minor endurance, reducing your damage taken by 8% and increasing your stamina recovery by 10%.
Notes - No need for the stam recovery. This is used as a tank ability. The use case in no instance is to recover your stam and tanks are usually blocking so this is redundant. I recommend to remove the minor endurance and in part add either a base amount of armor un named to stack with sets and other abilities or add a minor heal buff. MAYBE EVEN Minor toughness to increase your tanks max health by 10%. Also if you do these buffs they need to be applied with a timer set so if an ally walks in and out the server nor the player needs to worry about the buff loss in combat.

Ring of preservation - The rune now heals allies inside for the duration, but the rune now ends significantly earlier. (8s duration at tier 4)
Notes - Now I find that giving this ability AOE healing may seem strange I don't immediately see an issue in my opinion. I want to address this because I've seen many people throw up their arms at this but let me say that it is stationary and only has a 8s duration. In a zerg battle it wont add much but in small man fights open world and in towers it may be a bigger issue. In BGs as well I see this being a really bad thing with capture the ball and defending flag locations. This is getting a little too long but in short reduce the healing by changing the tick rate not by the actual heal. this will help it stay usable in CP and non CP but also not make it to strong IN MY OPINION!!! If this wasn't affected by different healing buffs and passives it probably wouldn't be an issue.
Turn Evil - Enemies in the initial area of the activation are feared for 2 seconds.
Notes - I don't see a cap on feared enemies and the name is kinda off putting since fearing an enemy isn't id say TURNING EVIL like the name implies. FIX IT ZOSE!!

Soul Magic -
Soul Trap - Lay claim to an enemy's soul, dealing 7440 magic damage or 23334 physical damage over 10 seconds. The damage delt is based on your highest offensive stat. Fills an empty soul gem if the enemy dies.( as you can tell im stam)
Notes - I think its nice that Zos buffed the only main story ability they gave us for completing the story. I do believe this skill is "over performing" it has a higher Tool tip than my venomous claw ( the 12% doesn't count as a part of the tool tip ZOS ) I recommend it being reduced to still be needed in the current meta to create a demand on new players to do the main story but it SHOULD NOT BE A ONE HIT TRICK skill. ( I like caps )
Consuming Trap - Also restores Health, Magicka, And stamina if the enemy dies while affected. This effect will scale off of max health, stamina, and Magicka.
Notes - As a wise man would say, THIS SUSTAIN IS TOO DAMN HIGH!!! (Samuel L. Jackson)

Heavy Armor -
Unstoppable - Intensify your physical presence to gain major resolve and major ward, increasing your physical and spell resistance by 5280 for 20s. Also grants you immunity to knockback and disabling effects for 6s, but reduces movement speed by 65% for the duration.
Notes - Firstly, the 65% movement speed needs to be reduced to 25% and added to Heavy armor OVER ALL to remind players they are in TANKY and HEAVY ARMOR. Also every class has the major buffs on this skill and I don't see why its used so much in the game. its like a filler when you want to add another effect to a skill or a set. This skill is called Unstoppable not I recommend removing the Major ward and major resolve for 1 minor protection buff and increasing the immunity to knockback to 8 seconds, while also increasing the cost of this ability to 4k
Medium Armor -
Evasion - Shroud yourself in mist to gain Major Evasion, reducing damage from area attacks by 25% for 20s.
Notes - Its been a few patches since Major evasion was changed from the passive dodge chance to AOE damage reduction. I think its time to change the name of MAJOR EVASION to Major Constitution or shroud of essence or SOMETHING OTHER THAN EVASION PLEASE GOD HELP US.

Assault -
Proximity detonation - You become the center of the destruction. removes cast time, but doubles the duration it takes to detonate.
Notes - Id like to see a change to this skill like no other skill in the game to help curve larger groups from using this skill. THIS SKILL CANNOT BE USED IN A GROUP SIZE BIGGER THAN 8!!! So if I remember correctly this skill was meant to BOMB larger groups and get players to separate and not stack crown but instead THEY ALL USE THE SKILL AND STACK ON CROWN! Please return this skill back to its roots and add this restriction. #MAKE_CYRO_GREAT_AGAIN
Resolving Vigor - Let loose a Battle cry, instilling yourself with resolve and healing for 18135 health over 4 seconds.
Notes - So the skill for group play is fine. if you have a healer in your group then it is fine BUT I think the last nerf it received was too much and it needs a slight buff. Not the full force it received on PTS day 1 but maybe around 10% more than it has now to help small group and solo players compensate for the loss of the HOT on Two handed weapon skill line. since in my opinion the HOT on Rally and forward momentum was the best part of the skill.

I've only tested a few weapon changes so I wont talk about the majority of these things or give my opinion on them

Two Handed -
Dizzy Swing -
Notes - Thank you
Stampede - After reaching your target, deal damage in an area around them over time
Notes - I think this skill is kinda cool but adding a AOE DOT to a gap closer seems weird to me. The name doesn't match the skill either. what I would like to see is the skill act like Wall of elements and leave a destroyed ground track where you came from and adding a bleed rather than a AOE DOT.
Onslaught - Now grants penetration for your direct attacks rather than resistances, and increases the duration of the bonuses. (12s vs 8s)
Notes - I love this ability other that the delay to activate in compared to last patch. it seems slow and clunky :(

I cant cover everything but I think I did a good job :) let me know what you agree with or don't agree with below and have a good day peeps cya in game ^_^
DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Assault -
    Proximity detonation - You become the center of the destruction. removes cast time, but doubles the duration it takes to detonate.
    Notes - Id like to see a change to this skill like no other skill in the game to help curve larger groups from using this skill. THIS SKILL CANNOT BE USED IN A GROUP SIZE BIGGER THAN 8!!! So if I remember correctly this skill was meant to BOMB larger groups and get players to separate and not stack crown but instead THEY ALL USE THE SKILL AND STACK ON CROWN! Please return this skill back to its roots and add this restriction. #MAKE_CYRO_GREAT_AGAIN

This one called my attention because: http://prntscr.com/os76ol

edit: you can also check here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488626/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-1-5-scalebreaker-update-23#latest

By the way, originally it has no limit, so IDK what origin are you talking about
    Edited by Xvorg on August 13, 2019 4:49PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Assault -

edit: you can also check here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/488626/pc-mac-patch-notes-v5-1-5-scalebreaker-update-23#latest

By the way, originally it has no limit, so IDK what origin are you talking about

I want the skill to be used by 8 man groups and under only. if you are in a 9 man group or bigger the skill is locked
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assault -

I want the skill to be used by 8 man groups and under only. if you are in a 9 man group or bigger the skill is locked

Lol and then when this isn’t enough... 6!.... and then 4!

Oh and then when you have 3 separate “8 mans” all in the same comms all running it. LOL
    Edited by Insco851 on August 14, 2019 12:37AM
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »

Assault -

Lol and then when this isn’t enough... 6!.... and then 4!

Oh and then when you have 3 separate “8 mans” all in the same comms all running it. LOL

You cant full prevent them from doing it but you can make them need more coordination to hit people with it, id rather have 3 teams of 8 need to be timed up in discord rather than 1 crown with 23 others behind him.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they made Stampede into what it is to try and make it the pve morph
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    I think they made Stampede into what it is to try and make it the pve morph

ah makes since