Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calls for single target dots nerf already begun...smh

• Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Took this screenshot from a discord. Does this look like a l2p issue to you?

20190812195237_1.jpg

31k damage, not even as a burst, but over time, and you died ? Yep, looks like a L2P issue to me.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp players will be the end of this game...at a certain point they will case pve players to leave because of all the changes and nerfs... and i doubt pvp players are the loyal backbone of this game...so why constantly ponder to a vocal minority
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    99% of PvP Nerf Calls could be solved if far more players did one of two things:
    1) Man up and accept sometimes the other guy is just better than you.
    2) L2P

Then there'd be no need for the Nerf-Go-Round to continue, and maybe they could start fixing genuine bugs and performance issues.

All The Best

20190812195237_1.jpg

Oh funny, now you know how Magicka users felt when only bleeds existed.

Nevertheless dots will probably gonna get nerfed, my only hope is that it will be nerf to all dots, not just magicka ones.

But till then I advise to use some defensive set not just stacking 7k weapon damage.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dinokstrun
    Dinokstrun
    ✭✭✭
    pvp players will be the end of this game...at a certain point they will case pve players to leave because of all the changes and nerfs... and i doubt pvp players are the loyal backbone of this game...so why constantly ponder to a vocal minority

Because listening to the majority will be much grander for an MMO, the people who constantly cry that maelstrom is too hard, the people who cry they want to do pve in a pvp zone, the people who moan that they want dlc dungeons dumb down so they can get their sparkly skins. When you make an MMO you need to pander to multiple audiences something that ZoS is well known for being absolutely terrible at.

As for those who tested on PTS we all saw Single Target DoT meta was incoming, we left feedback and said it was obviously going to over perform and wouldn't you know it ignored. Well nothing we can do at this point now except to as the majority put but to deal with it.
    Edited by Dinokstrun on August 13, 2019 9:00AM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    99% of PvP Nerf Calls could be solved if far more players did one of two things:
    2) L2P

Then there'd be no need for the Nerf-Go-Round to continue, and maybe they could start fixing genuine bugs and performance issues.

All The Best

20190812195237_1.jpg

Oh funny, now you know how Magicka users felt when only bleeds existed.

Nevertheless dots will probably gonna get nerfed, my only hope is that it will be nerf to all dots, not just magicka ones.

But till then I advise to use some defensive set not just stacking 7k weapon damage.

I'm a magicka player...

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    2) L2P

All The Best

1/ Okay so I'm supposed to "man up" and accept that people are better than me because they can just sit back 28m away and spam 2 hard hitting dots (entropy and soul trap) while I'm fighting someone that actually has the balls to face me head on? Please tell me you're kidding..

2/ Please tell me how you're going to counter 2+ players spamming entropy and soul trap that deal ~1.6k dmg each from 28m away while you're fighting others. Don't tell me to slot purge because it's unrealistic to sacrifice 1 bar slot for a skill that costs 5k magicka just to cleanse 3 dots that can be immediately reapplied. Don't tell me to play a templar, or switch up my build. If a skill or a mechanic forces me to switch up my entire build just to counter it, then there is a real problem at hand.

1) is entirely a L2P issue. Tactical awareness. Do NOT put yourself in that position in the first place. Maybe you have to team up with someone who can counter or reduce the range advantage. Maybe you need to team up with someone who can CC the close-up guy. Maybe you need to team up with a healer. Yes, they are "better than you" in that for the combat condition they expect to find themselves in they made BETTER Tactical choices.

2) See 1. By the way after EVERY patch of PvP fixes PvE-ers are forced to switch up their entire build to counter the nerfs. Why should PvPers be immune from that? PvE-ers are constantly told L2P, Git GuD or play a different class when we complain about yet more PvP "fixes" that totally screw up PvE. Why should you be immune to that?

Threads like this just confirm to me that most PvPers are 1) fragile snow-flake egos who just can not stand not winning (man up we ALL lose the game of life), 2) so bloody entitled they make the most whiny SJW seem like a decent upstanding person.

I can not think of one single MMORPG and its community that would not be immeasurably improved if the Devs just had the courage to pull the plug on PvP and tell the PvPers to go whine somewhere else.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tattooo wrote: »
    What´re you even saying ruining the fun in PVE ? PVE is *** easy, there´s no challenge in it...

Assuming you have God Slayer on all your characters then, since it’s so easy?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvpers ALWAYS complain and ruin pve fun in the process - why everyone snd their mom wants a seperation between the two groups...but zos keeps pushing it and pushing it until....

What´re you even saying ruining the fun in PVE ? PVE is *** easy, there´s no challenge in it...

Lmaooo easy for you maybe.
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to clarify my OP - lot of ppl made various points on both sides but speaking only for me --->

I am not ranting about change, or nerf, or being unable to accept MMOs do tend to balance change over time. Not the issue. You can be ok with change but not be ok with the specific means used or how that change comes around.

What I think is ridiculous is this formula' or endless loop scenario of nerfing an aspect that was buffed specifically as mitigation for another large nerf.

Example of insanity - Bob works somewhere and is told his salary is being cut, but not to worry, as trade off for that salary nerf, he'll have his work hours lowered and more days off. Less pay, but less hours worked. Fine, not great but you lost something, got something.

But then someone else comes along, screams 'rheee!' about too much time on their hands, and the employer decides to restore the work hours back to normal - at the still reduced salary.

Whether I think all these changes are good, bad, fair, can be adapted to, etc is immaterial. The point is single target dots got a buff to somewhat compensate for getting reamed on both overall aoe dots as well as class skill nerfs. We got this bone thrown to us for the 'cut salary'

Yet 1 day into patch, people are screaming for basically what we all know will just end up as ZoS nerfing the consolation prize while still leaving the other nerfs intact. That's my complaint, nothing else about L2P, PVP game vs PVE game (which btw is idiotic imo to say this is only a PVP game, just as it would be to claim it is PVE only, it is both - claiming otherwise is just hyperbolic or disingenous at best)
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    pvpers ALWAYS complain and ruin pve fun in the process - why everyone snd their mom wants a seperation between the two groups...but zos keeps pushing it and pushing it until....

And if they try to make it challenging, they´ll just add random ass oneshot mechanics or defiles, which aren´t fun : )

Please share a video of you clearing vSS HM.

Seriously? So now balance the game around something that probably 1% of the game can do?

Read the quote chain before responding. Thanks.

Oh. I read the quote. IN a thread about nerfing dots. Your post was about clearing a trial in hard mode IN a thread about nerfing dots. Maybe you should read before responding.

Did I speak slow enough?

Thanks.
    Edited by ShadowProc on August 13, 2019 1:40PM
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I died in PVP. Nerf everything!
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    2) L2P

All The Best

1/ Okay so I'm supposed to "man up" and accept that people are better than me because they can just sit back 28m away and spam 2 hard hitting dots (entropy and soul trap) while I'm fighting someone that actually has the balls to face me head on? Please tell me you're kidding..

2/ Please tell me how you're going to counter 2+ players spamming entropy and soul trap that deal ~1.6k dmg each from 28m away while you're fighting others. Don't tell me to slot purge because it's unrealistic to sacrifice 1 bar slot for a skill that costs 5k magicka just to cleanse 3 dots that can be immediately reapplied. Don't tell me to play a templar, or switch up my build. If a skill or a mechanic forces me to switch up my entire build just to counter it, then there is a real problem at hand.

1) is entirely a L2P issue. Tactical awareness. Do NOT put yourself in that position in the first place. Maybe you have to team up with someone who can counter or reduce the range advantage. Maybe you need to team up with someone who can CC the close-up guy. Maybe you need to team up with a healer. Yes, they are "better than you" in that for the combat condition they expect to find themselves in they made BETTER Tactical choices.

2) See 1. By the way after EVERY patch of PvP fixes PvE-ers are forced to switch up their entire build to counter the nerfs. Why should PvPers be immune from that? PvE-ers are constantly told L2P, Git GuD or play a different class when we complain about yet more PvP "fixes" that totally screw up PvE. Why should you be immune to that?

Threads like this just confirm to me that most PvPers are 1) fragile snow-flake egos who just can not stand not winning (man up we ALL lose the game of life), 2) so bloody entitled they make the most whiny SJW seem like a decent upstanding person.

I can not think of one single MMORPG and its community that would not be immeasurably improved if the Devs just had the courage to pull the plug on PvP and tell the PvPers to go whine somewhere else.

All The Best

1/ I find it laughable that you think it's my error in tactical awareness when I intentionally mentioned how people can put 2 dots on you from 28m away... That's the issue here. I'm a melee player, and there is no way for me to engage but to gap close to an enemy who may or may not have teammates backing him up. They could be stealthing in the back, or they could be nightblades who repeatedly use cloak to avoid me. That scenario is IF I'm carelessly going on the offense. But I usually don't, because I've encountered too many situations like that. I can speak for any solo PvPer here that by far most of our fights occur when we defend ourselves from incoming enemies who usually have an irresistible urge to kill a lone player for easy AP. That isn't a l2p issue, unless you're telling me to make a "tactical decision" by avoiding fights?? Then what's the point of PvPing in Cyrodiil? You're also telling me to group up, which is just an excuse to avoid the real problem of dots. I don't like to group, so why is that a l2p issue? No, they aren't better than me when they sit back within their group and spam 2 skills. I've seen plenty of people who get absolutely demolished when they're caught in a 1v1 without the protection of their group. There is no learn to play here. The problem at hand is overtuned dots. By your logic sloads weren't OP and I just needed to l2p as well? Guess what, I did by slotting more heals and upping my health recovery, but if I have to build in a specific way just to counter 1 set or 1 skill, then there is obviously a problem here.

2/ PvPers have to switch up their builds as well? It's not our fault that ZOS doesn't want to separate PvE and PvP balancing. I don't know why you think we want to win all the time. Heck, cyrodiil is already a lag fest I would be very happy if I could even land a skill smoothly, let alone winning fights. Why would ZOS pull the plug on PvP? PvPers bring in revenue just like PvErs. Doing so would be foolish on their part.
    Edited by StaticWave on August 14, 2019 12:59AM
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    chris211 wrote: »
    good luck adapting when you have 20k entropy's stacking on you totally balanced game play

Don't they have some sort of PvP buff the effects dmg and heal? Ideally who the hell cares what an ability does in PvE. Adjust using that for PvP. Afterall its just a mini game.

It's called purge.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP players will always cry and whine if its not one things its another. Would be nice if ZOS would stop screwing the game for majority of us for the sake of minority.

It's amazing how this entire thread is a bunch of what looks like PVE'ers crying about pvp players being upset with pvp imbalance. It's almost like they're crying about it.

There's a pretty easy fix for this, adjust dot damage with battle spirit. That way it only impacts pvp and not pve. They could do this for a lot of things, monster sets etc...separate pvp sets from pve, and tweak damage in the pvp environment and not pve. Both sides are happy then.

At the end of the day we all play the same game, and some buffs for one side drastically impact the other. The only difference is PVE'ers in general always want to be more powerful...whereas in PvP, too much power in a skill or monster set impacts the fun of the environment. Neither side is wrong for wanting what they want, but there's a disparity there.

At some point everyone needs to realize nerfs and overbuffs aren't from players on either side, but from the development team not knowing how to separate the two environments and adjust them accordingly.

Edited by FrankonPC on August 14, 2019 2:31AM
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called purge.

you mean the skill that was nerfed into the ground and costs twice as much as a single dot? Yeah, feel free to play that battle of attrition
  • Skullderic
    Skullderic
    ✭✭✭
    Zos seems to forget the game is PvE & PvP on this patch. PvE took a hit low DpS all around, PvP got screwed in turn, Giuld single target DpS boost are pretty crazy, 70-90% boost. Still dont get how this update is full in anyway.
    Its almost 2020~ Most players like a fast pace game play, this update killed that fast pace, So players dont have hrs to play through dungoens that should only be 20min... 40% of DpS on Mobs came from AOEs. Single target 1 at a time~ Yay! No... Just No... (Sadface)
    Gert Soem!!
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to fix ZoS stupidity.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or ZOS could get smart and not listen to the whining.

^ This.

All The Best

Im glad none of you are in charge of a game.