Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dawnbreaker is broken due to cast time.

Trian94
Trian94
✭✭✭✭
In 2 hours of gameplay, today, I couldn't keep track of the times Dawnbreaker missed while the person was passing through in front of me AS DAWNBREAKER WAS LANDING. GGs
PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a few that took my ULT and didn’t even go off because I tried to roll dodge too fast.
    Edited by Abhaya on August 13, 2019 1:13PM
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to use the emergency heal of nbs (soul siphon) while being targeted by a group. I had to tell them to stop atracking me for half a second so i could cast it. Once they agreed to this, i could cast it and get the heal so i didnt die. You just have to communicate with the opposition.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    I had a few that took my ULT and didn’t even go off because I tried to roll dodge too fast.

working as intended.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it no longer possible to completely cancel the animation for DB? Is that the issue? Cuz that’s the main thing that made it BiS.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It sounds like they still haven't fixed targeting and AoEs in the game then, which has been the biggest problem in both PvP and PvE since Elseweyr dropped. Great. They break the game, we ask for a fix, so they give us more garbage to spend crowns on instead so we'll shut up. Super pumped.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had some odd stuff happen with dawnbreaker in vma like you cast it and the target infront of you either takes no dmg or has a super long delay on the hit in small lag the cast times feel super bad didn't need them
    Edited by J18696 on August 13, 2019 8:27PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast times are a big nerf to melee range ult.

It's nonsensical when you consider the fact SOME of the ults the have cast times to are single target and dodgable.

Meanwhile other ults can be cast from 28 meters away and are guaranteed to land.

No real concept of risk vs reward.
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭

It's nonsensical when you consider the fact SOME of the ults the have cast times to are single target and dodgable.

Meanwhile other ults can be cast from 28 meters away and are guaranteed to land.

My exact thoughts. Ultimates that are single target, melee range, dodgeable, and blockable don’t need a cast time as there is plenty of counter/reaction play already available. Other ULTs have tracking, AOE, range, can’t be dodged, etc.

The cast times should be reverted for 2-hand / NB ULT at least. You can literally hear 2-hand / NB ULT coming as they have some of the most distinct audio cues in the game. Dawnbreaker could be argued either way IMO.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the animation of my ultimate so many times only to realise that it never actually went out. It really messes up any kind of rotation. It was bad enough when this happened as a result on lag but now it seems to be a feature.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a cast time on an ultimate actually gives your opponent a chance to react to it, i.e. block. Instant cast melee ults give no chance for counterplay and are bad for competitive PvP, which is why every streamer with a stam build has used and abused animation-canceled Dawnbreaker as their bread-and-butter damage ult. The one that ZOS seems to be overlooking right now is DK leap when in melee range. I run it on my stamDK main and it’s basically instant at close range, which gives no chance to block it. If they’re gonna put a cast time on DB they should prob put some kind of pre-fire telegraph on Leap as well.
    Edited by Marcus684 on August 13, 2019 10:24PM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there shouldn't be cast times on ults period, it was a dumb idea.
    Invictus
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

there shouldn't be cast times on ults period, it was a dumb idea.

I wouldn't argue at all with you there. I definitely didn't ask for cast times.

What's weird on top of weird is they only applied it to certain abilities so it's not a standard thing.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this game was as it is now when I started getting into PVP Idk if I would have been interested. It's funny to see this MMO try to please everyone at once. It's like a trapeze artist act that has gone terribly wrong. Stam got some heavy hits this patch that dont really make sense, but so did magick
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on August 13, 2019 10:44PM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Invisible db bug is still a thing btw. I'm just not going to play stam until they remove the cast times.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    It sounds like they still haven't fixed targeting and AoEs in the game then, which has been the biggest problem in both PvP and PvE since Elseweyr dropped. Great. They break the game, we ask for a fix, so they give us more garbage to spend crowns on instead so we'll shut up. Super pumped.

Yeah, they have not. My vMA runs full of untargetable enemies and just yeserday Maarselok straglers could not be targeted by my AoEs. Lame bug...

At least when it happens to you, but if it happens to your enemy... ;)
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0.4 or 0.5 is entirely too long & ruining the primary attraction this game had; fast combat!

Isn’t there already a 0.1 second global cooldown? So now every ult is either 0.5 or 0.6 seconds?
    It was bad enough with global cooldown + lag introducing its own cool down, now we have an extra one on top!

Can’t we just compromise and do something small like change the global to 0.2 instead of adding 0.3-0.5 on ults?

Or even just add 0.2 ult cooldown + 0.1 global cooldown?

But this 1/2 second+ is trash!
    Edited by kaithuzar on August 13, 2019 11:58PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All your cast times are belong to ZoS.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    0.4 or 0.5 is entirely too long & ruining the primary attraction this game had; fast combat!

Isn’t there already a 0.1 second global cooldown? So now every ult is either 0.5 or 0.6 seconds?
    It was bad enough with global cooldown + lag introducing its own cool down, now we have an extra one on top!

Can’t we just compromise and do something small like change the global to 0.2 instead of adding 0.3-0.5 on ults?

Or even just add 0.2 ult cooldown + 0.1 global cooldown?

But this 1/2 second+ is trash!

Or atleast make the animation faster,i had one guy walk away and my incap stopped.

This change is terrible.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must revert ultimate cast times. It’s making combat feel so clunky and with the lag it’s so horrendous. Your burst combo should not be cancelled just because someone decides to move to the left especially with conal hits like DBoS where I feel like sometimes it cancels with the person in range.
    Edited by Vapirko on August 14, 2019 1:28AM
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaking is useless now, it either just misses because they move out of it or you miss your chance for burst. I would rather use meteor on my stamsorc.
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think stationary ultis like Hulk Smash from Necro are better now or rather more appealing then ?
  • bakermir
    bakermir
    ✭✭✭
    new dbos is the best ult in game rn
    EU PC SOTHA SIL/BAHLOKDAAN
    • DC * imperial stamdk/emperor magdk * twitch-bakermir
    • DC * breton magsorc * twitch bakermir
    • DC * orcerer * Tyro Tyro Tyro Tyro
    • DC * altmer bomblade * Brings-you-democracy

<REMOVE FACTION LOCK>
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you think stationary ultis like Hulk Smash from Necro are better now or rather more appealing then ?

Nah, they won't swap ults. They will just continue to shout and bang their hand on the table demanding ZOS revert it, because they can't stand having to play like a mag class. Every time I see a complaint, I laugh as a mag char because the melee mag ults and skills have always behaved in the way they are now describing and complaining about.

It's comedy gold and shows just how pandered some of the playerbase that ran to stam when mag started to stink really are.

And someone claiming that they rather use meteor on their stam sorc? Then do it. You should know that Atronoch is better though.
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Nah, they won't swap ults. They will just continue to shout and bang their hand on the table demanding ZOS revert it, because they can't stand having to play like a mag class. Every time I see a complaint, I laugh as a mag char because the melee mag ults and skills have always behaved in the way they are now describing and complaining about.

It's comedy gold and shows just how pandered some of the playerbase that ran to stam when mag started to stink really are.

And someone claiming that they rather use meteor on their stam sorc? Then do it. You should know that Atronoch is better though.

Which mag ults are you talking about?
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam players are mad because its not faceroll easy anymore.

Lulz. I love this patch because the QQ alone.
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭

[snip]. Tell me one magicka ultimate that has a cast time. Not delayed impact but a cast time. You won't cause there is none. So pls [snip] let the knowledgable people say what they have to so the game hopefully gets better

[edited to remove insults]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on August 15, 2019 2:34PM
    PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah it totally is, people just have a split second to think about how bad they got whooped. But why delay the inevitable right? ZOS have mercy on bad mag players and revert ult delay. It’s the humane thing to do.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »

[snip] Tell me one magicka ultimate that has a cast time. Not delayed impact but a cast time. You won't cause there is none. So pls [snip] let the knowledgable people say what they have to so the game hopefully gets better

Soul Harvest, Soul Tether, Soul Siphon :p

Tho those skills didn't "always behave in this way", they got rekt this patch just like some stam ults, so he is still talking bs.

[Edited quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on August 15, 2019 2:35PM
  • Royalthought
    Royalthought
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. You may not know this but,

When your opponents job is "faceroll easy," it's because of you.

Truthfully tho, this isn't about ease of use. It's more so to do with balance. There are ultimate that can't be dodged and have guaranteed AoE hits from 28 meters away.

Meanwhile there are ults that are melee range only, single target, dodgable and were given cast times.

This is bad. Players shouldn't need things to be bad to win fights.
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate. The only ability in your bar that has a cooldown. The game changer. The burst maker. If you miss it, you are gonna miss it. Cast time on a skillshot type of ultimate like dawnbreaker makes it more likely to miss, reduces the burst potential and adds an unnecessary and unfair, tbh, layer of difficulty on top of the cooldown. It's not like your game suddenly started relying on eye frames only. You could have just added a cast time on the anticipation part of its animation for a start, which is more than enough time for anyone to process it and react, but no! You had to go all in. Well maybe next patch you should introduce a ww2 war sirene, a neon sign and a holographic projection of Phil Swift yelling "THAT'S A LOT OF DAMAGE" on top of anyone that presses the R button.
    R in peace.