The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Freeze

hakan
hakan
✭✭✭✭✭
Today for the first time my screen started to freeze. I saw it happen to my cousin a year ago, i dont know how he solved it but it happens when you engage in combat.

2 times in battlegrounds and one time overland. Everything works i can hear background. I even typed reloadui and reloaded it and plugged off/on my monitor but the view just freezes.

My specs: gtx1660ti asus tuf 6gb GPU, ryzen 2600 3.4 cpu, 8 ram gskill ddr4 and 480gb toshiba ssd.

Any idea?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot more information is needed. What server, PC NA or PC EU. What are you doing and what is happening around you at the time is helpful. Have you had the same issue occur with all addons turned off?

I would suggest adding that information here, but also create a ticket on the situation with that information.

BTW, restart PC before any of this. If the issue is with your equipment it is not likely the monitor, but a device on the PC. Restarting the PC is the first step in tech support.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    A lot more information is needed. What server, PC NA or PC EU. What are you doing and what is happening around you at the time is helpful. Have you had the same issue occur with all addons turned off?

I would suggest adding that information here, but also create a ticket on the situation with that information.

BTW, restart PC before any of this. If the issue is with your equipment it is not likely the monitor, but a device on the PC. Restarting the PC is the first step in tech support.

it is pc eu. i also thought about addons but never tried it. what happens is basically;

while in combat (mostly battlegrounds) screen freezes. but everything is working. like if i swap bars, i hear the sound. if i attack i can hear the sound. but screen is frozen and doesnt come back for minutes( sometimes never comes back).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For addons, Zos will ask you to go without addons to see if that is causing an issue. They use them as a scapegoat.

For combat, what skills are you using at the time. Lightning skills, weapon skills and do you see the use of anything specifically.

But also, restart PC. Zos does have some tools that might show what is happening. There are several areas that can cause the issue.

Good luck.