Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

DK's Increased costs to skills

Hixtory
Hixtory
✭✭✭✭
So, we DK community were KINGS OF SUSTAIN because we really got the hammer on cost increase of skills:

Fiery Breath:
Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2808 from 2700.
Decreased the DoT damage per tick by approximately 15%.

Searing Strike:
Fixed an issue where the visual effects from this ability and its morphs would fail to apply if the target was blocking.
Increased cost to 2160 from 1350.
Increased the DoT damage by approximately 26% per tick.

Increased the cost of all morphs to 5670 from 4590.
Cinder Storm (morph): This morph is now 50% stronger than the base ability, which will result in an approximate 1% heal reduction comparatively.
Eruption (morph): Reduced the damage over time by approximately 30% per tick.
THIS CHANGE IS HILARIOUS, you got a skill that was incredibly costly TO MAKE IT WORSE, and reduced the damage it was doing (WTF is wrong with you and DK's)

Petrify:
Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 4050 from 2970.
This ability no longer ranks up in cost reduction, but instead ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank.
Reduced the range of this ability and its morphs to 7 meters from 8 meters.
Shattering Rocks (morph): Fixed an issue where the heal from this ability was missing a previous rank up, which will result in an approximate 3% increase in the healing.

COME ON ZOS just tell us you wanted to kill DK's even more with this horrible patch.

• Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant edit the post but...

Ash Cloud:
    Decreased the healing of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.
    Cinder Storm (morph): This morph is now 50% stronger than the base ability, which will result in an approximate 1% heal reduction comparatively.
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    we just need a second sustain set. This is exactly why devs only play stamDK lol
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's unbelievable...
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    Posted a few days ago about it. MagDk has the worst sustain in this game.
    I dont think the solution is as simple as a sustain set ...
    because there are several factors that contribute to magDK being the worst in sustain;the class passives do very little
    to restore magicka,close combat weapons only restore stamina(staves on a knight are just weird)

Lets look at the passives for DK

Combustion
    "restoring 500 magicka when applying burning or 500 stam when applying poison"
    it helps very little & is very situational,have the feeling it rarely applies too even if i have fire damage enchant on my weapon

World of Ruin
    only decreases stamina cost of poison abilities by 12 procent ,does nothing for magdk(maybe it could also decrease magicka cost of fire abilities by 12 procent?)
    Who thinks about poison when they hear "world of ruin" I rather envision a world in flames too :D

Battle roar
    helps a little "When you cast an Ultimate ability, you restore 46 Health, 46 Magicka, and 46 Stamina for each point of the Ultimate's cost" but not enough for sustain in long fights
    in one playthrough of Maelstrom arena I still burn 50+pots and yet run out of magicka even before the potion cooldown has finished & way before the ultimate is ready again..

Lets look at skills

Many expensive skills of 4-5k & why on earth would they even increase ability cost for a build that already is struggling?

Inhale for example
    cast it accidentally twice & half your magicka bar is gone without even doing anything :D Draw essence doesnt even restore enough to compensate the cost of the ability itself,it costs 4051 magicka,restores only 10 procent of the ability cost for each enemy hit (still costs way more than the magicka it returns in most cases)

Neither morphs of dragon blood help Magdks while,long ago,one of both morphs used to restore magicka ,the other stam.

Then finally lets look at weapons

None of the close range weapons help Magdks with mag recovery either.And lets face it,using staves is just weird if you want a knight type of character.

Even with full divine & atronarch mundus you still struggle with mag sustain..

So CLass passives,skills,and finally close weapon passives;
    How all of these together synergise make magdks have the worst sustain out of any possible choice.
    I made a topic a while ago about new weapon advancement paths for mag,so any setup mag/stam could play with the weapon they like
    You can probably find it on my profile if interested.
    For MagDk,the situation atm is so bad ,just having a new sustain set won't solve this
    Edited by Tipsy on August 13, 2019 4:13PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problem with sustain is Eruption, 5.5k cost is stupid high and in parses I can use if I'm using parse food, but in an actual fight where things move around, lmao, I can't sustain it.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tipsy wrote: »
    A suggestion I did in the topic that got burried in the general section ;

Add magicka recovery to a morph of Molten weapon

Make it useful somehow would be appreciated because right now it's trashy lmao.

I miss fire light attack damage, add that with some sustain and it might be viable.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eruption does less damage than Flame Reach, I got rid of it from the bar. In trash fights even Scalding Rune is better. In result I use 1-2 heavies in whole 21mil rot when not using Grip rotation.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton with False God's FTW?
    Playing since beta...
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Eruption does less damage than Flame Reach, I got rid of it from the bar. In trash fights even Scalding Rune is better. In result I use 1-2 heavies in whole 21mil rot when not using Grip rotation.

yep....depressing that that skill line is dead to me other than a couple passives.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »
    So, we DK community were KINGS OF SUSTAIN because we really got the hammer on cost increase of skills:

Fiery Breath:
    Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 2808 from 2700.
    Decreased the DoT damage per tick by approximately 15%.

Searing Strike:
    Fixed an issue where the visual effects from this ability and its morphs would fail to apply if the target was blocking.
    Increased cost to 2160 from 1350.
    Increased the DoT damage by approximately 26% per tick.

THIS CHANGE IS HILARIOUS, you got a skill that was incredibly costly TO MAKE IT WORSE, and reduced the damage it was doing (WTF is wrong with you and DK's)

Petrify:
    Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs to 4050 from 2970.
    This ability no longer ranks up in cost reduction, but instead ranks up in 1.1% damage per rank.
    Reduced the range of this ability and its morphs to 7 meters from 8 meters.
    Shattering Rocks (morph): Fixed an issue where the heal from this ability was missing a previous rank up, which will result in an approximate 3% increase in the healing.

COME ON ZOS just tell us you wanted to kill DK's even more with this horrible patch.

Yes, u a absolutely right, combustion dont help us and increased costs rlly hard for my and many amg dks
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tipsy wrote: »
    Posted a few days ago about it. MagDk has the worst sustain in this game.
    I dont think the solution is as simple as a sustain set ...
    because there are several factors that contribute to magDK being the worst in sustain;the class passives do very little
    to restore magicka,close combat weapons only restore stamina(staves on a knight are just weird)

Lets look at the passives for DK

Combustion
    "restoring 500 magicka when applying burning or 500 stam when applying poison"
    it helps very little & is very situational,have the feeling it rarely applies too even if i have fire damage enchant on my weapon

World of Ruin
    only decreases stamina cost of poison abilities by 12 procent ,does nothing for magdk(maybe it could also decrease magicka cost of fire abilities by 12 procent?)
    Who thinks about poison when they hear "world of ruin" I rather envision a world in flames too :D

Battle roar
    helps a little "When you cast an Ultimate ability, you restore 46 Health, 46 Magicka, and 46 Stamina for each point of the Ultimate's cost" but not enough for sustain in long fights
    in one playthrough of Maelstrom arena I still burn 50+pots and yet run out of magicka even before the potion cooldown has finished & way before the ultimate is ready again..

Lets look at skills

Many expensive skills of 4-5k & why on earth would they even increase ability cost for a build that already is struggling?

Inhale for example
    cast it accidentally twice & half your magicka bar is gone without even doing anything :D Draw essence doesnt even restore enough to compensate the cost of the ability itself,it costs 4051 magicka,restores only 10 procent of the ability cost for each enemy hit (still costs way more than the magicka it returns in most cases)

Neither morphs of dragon blood help Magdks while,long ago,one of both morphs used to restore magicka ,the other stam.

Then finally lets look at weapons

None of the close range weapons help Magdks with mag recovery either.And lets face it,using staves is just weird if you want a knight type of character.

Even with full divine & atronarch mundus you still struggle with mag sustain..

So CLass passives,skills,and finally close weapon passives;
    How all of these together synergise make magdks have the worst sustain out of any possible choice.
    I made a topic a while ago about new weapon advancement paths for mag,so any setup mag/stam could play with the weapon they like
    You can probably find it on my profile if interested.
    For MagDk,the situation atm is so bad ,just having a new sustain set won't solve this

Yeah, the Elsweyr patch was "barely" on point, the sustain wasn terribad. There was a reason people used on DK's eruption as a way to burn magicka i VSO. The skill was expensive AF.

The new state on DK as you have all stated is be a breton, false god, paired with another sustain set.

Anywaya RIP DK again for a few patches. Again this:

Ash Cloud:
    Decreased the healing of this ability and its morphs by approximately 30%.

almost 6k and got reduced damage, what the F!
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    What had me a bit puzzled too, was a developer comment in latest patch notes v5.1.5
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6265073/#Comment_6265073
    ,when they mentioned dragonknight is more attrition based combat style
    "
    Ardent Flame
    Searing Heat: Rank II of this passive now increases the duration of the affected abilities by 4 seconds, up from 2. It also increases the damage dealt of the abilities by 10%, up from 3%.
    Developer Comment:
    Spoiler
    These changes were done to ensure these abilities keep
    up with our current DoT standards, and to help emphasize the Dragonknight’s more attrition-based combat style."

Its all good that they increase the duration of the skill and i know the comment was in context of the skill.But overall how can mag dragonknights be kings or queens of attrition ?
    Their own resource pool is burned 5 secs in the fight :D so how are they supposed to wear others down & keep pressure up
    If the slightest longer battle totally disables themselves (at least if they are not an uber magicka race as breton and have false god set,..)

I might have to mention that i play a dk magtank though,but refuse to use staff cause I think its just weird and not the thing I want for my dk.Giving a morph of molten weapon mag regen option seems like a solution to me.and as brandoncoffmannub18_ESO mentions,gives a useless skill purpose again

Edited by Tipsy on August 13, 2019 9:08PM
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well boys, now DK's suck even more, HOW ABOUT THAT?
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvE I have to use Fiery Grip rotation again. I simply can't sustain with Breton, frontbarred Absorb Mag, Vamp and shards full 21mil. I believe in PvP its a complete disaster. They basically require to wear some sustain set or monster, like Grundwulf or Engine Guardian.
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    When they said they were going to strengthen class identity, maybe they meant the Control Class which became the Attrition Class was going to officially become the Heavy Attack Class. I know when I think of a knight, I think of spraying lightning or winding up fireballs on a staff, a meter away from my opponent.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing a heavy inferno attack from melee sucks ass
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm barely surviving on breton + fg ...
    and next patch gonna be brutal ... it will be heavy attack simulator on magdk.
  • Van_Winkle
    Van_Winkle
    ✭✭✭✭
    ManaDK, ManaNB, ManaNecro and ManaWarden are already feels like a walking dead in PvP. Next patch... Well, you guys know, what will happen)
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they meant self-attrition and the opponent is yourself?
    Edited by Jodynn on September 23, 2019 4:30PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Searing Strike has had a stupidly now cost forever now. Once Strife got hit with a cost increase Searing Strike should have as well but it took a whole year for that to even happen as when they increased it last time it barely did anything.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info