Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Khajiit Crit bonus compared to shadow

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
Shadow gives 13% base, and 19% with all divines

Khajiit gives 10% which is a race; I understand it is also healing but as a dps spec this matters little to me.

Apprentice base it 238, with all divines 363
High Elf and Dark elf get 258 spell damage while, as well as stronger magicka buffs.

Could Khajiit ask for 14% crit damage instead of 10% to put it closer in balance as high and dark elf are both outperforming Khajiit.
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Change you'r race if you are not happy.
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No

10% is more than enough. Minor force is 10% extra crit dmg, same as Khajiit racial.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't their a thread that showed that the damage races still deal higher crits than khajiits?
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't their a thread that showed that the damage races still deal higher crits than khajiits?

I don't know about a thread, but I've tested it myself with typical PvE setups and Khajiit do crit lower than Dunmer. Plus, obviously, their non- crits are lower.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    No

10% is more than enough. Minor force is 10% extra crit dmg, same as Khajiit racial.

I'm not comparing minor force, I'm comparing mundus
    Ellyhan wrote: »
    Nope. Change you'r race if you are not happy.

I'm not here to argue if it doesn't affect you why do you care; Also I don't have random money to spend on race change tokens, and I prefer being a Khajiit over other races, but I don't feel like because I choose a race by aesthetics and lore I should be reprimanded by DPS loss.
    ATreeGnome wrote: »

I don't know about a thread, but I've tested it myself with typical PvE setups and Khajiit do crit lower than Dunmer. Plus, obviously, their non- crits are lower.

I have tested way more than I should have and it's a substantial difference in PvE and PvP.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    A small increase to Khajiit's critical strike damage would solve most balance issues and would bring back some of its dentity, without magically making it overpowered or better compared Orc, Dark Elf or High Elf. Khajiit specializes in critical strike damage, so it only makes sense that it should be doing more critical damage than all other races.
    Edited by Supernatural on August 13, 2019 8:41PM
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. The bonus to crit damge is underwhelming. The bonus should be higher, so Khajiit would actually have higher crits than Dunmers. Or they should get increased sustain to compensate, whatever.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on August 13, 2019 8:39PM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    No

I'm not comparing minor force, I'm comparing mundus

Comparing a mundus to a racial is as pointless as comparing a buff to a racial.

If you want to make a statement about racial passives then stick to racial passives.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I agree that khajiit needs some juice but maybe something other then crit damage cause it may be OP in some PVP builds. I think a little change, like 5% crit chance + 5% crit damage will be good.
    But while buffing khajiit, argonian, bosmer and redguard must be revisited too.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a tough comparison because the Shadow Stone is obviously overpowered, to the point that no other Mundus stones are used by DPS anymore. If we want to balance Shadow against other options, it should be about 10% crit damage without divines, which gives 15% in 7 divines (16% if using 8 divines from a shield). This makes the Thief and the Shadow equivalent at around 60% crit chance, each giving about 6% DPS gain (which is about the same as Apprentice). Maybe go as high as 11% to make it more balanced with Warrior on a stam build (better multipliers in weapon damage than mag builds have on Spell damage), which would be 16% with 7 divines.

I do agree that Khajiit needs more though, IMO 12% for crit damage seems about right. Could maybe even go to 13% since their primary damage resource is lower than other races, but this is already offset by having a little more health and recovery.

Edit: If we want to talk about Khajiit racials as a whole, the tri-resource passive should give 1k of each to be balanced with races that get 2k of a single resource (based on the 50% tri-stat precedent set by prismatics and triune). Also the tri-regen should be somewhere in the range of 100-160 depending on what is used for comparison.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 14, 2019 9:53PM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajjit need a little buff.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »
    Khajjit need a little buff.

Yeah, I wanna play my race without feeling gimped compared to other races in every way except a tiny amount of health and lol 85 recovery lol
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK