The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So the patch is live. How many have abandoned all hope?

• Protoavis73
    Protoavis73
    ✭✭✭
    I changed some of the skills on my stamblade, some of them are not fully levelled yet and have to get used to a slightly different rotation, but I got 10K more dps so I'm not complaning.
    And will probably improve when the muscle memoried the rotation.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    problem starts when they don't listen to exp members . there are ppl with 5 years of exp playing this game and I've seen a lots of great ideas in forums but they don't listen to exp players and instead they care about noob streamers opinion and begs for nerf in forums ...
    if devs don't want exp players opinion then they should start playing this game themselves . idk if you've ever seen a demo of gameplay which they are just light attacking bosses and continuously casting crystal fragment .

I know the new team needs more time and I don't want to take it too hard on them .. but I want them to realize that this game have a lot of potentials and I wouldn't even bother flaming about this patch if I didn't care ..
    Edited by ebix_ on August 13, 2019 7:12AM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    things changed quite heavily. For example all my chars were built with aoe because that was the strongest option even against single target. Now all aoe are weaker and all dots are stronger, which pushes me to rebuild everything. Also some sets like Ravager or Veiled Heritance took a big hit
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part stop caring. The game is this far in development and seems to be swimming when it comes to design. I fully understand people getting annoyed with massive changes, especially since some of the playstyles have been around for just about the games whole life cycle.

The gameplays meta is focused on helping the games performance by reducing aoe and an overuse of parse dummy data to homogenize classes.

I'll still play a quick battleground here and there but they cant even release new maps or pvp content reguraly to keep up interest.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea what it's like in PvP, but I play a petsorc and, with the exception of having to hit the clannfear special an extra time or two when healing, I've not noticed a real difference in PvE, but then I'm not doing trials or end game stuff either yet.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine lost around 8k... .

Lol, mine only does 8k on that CWC test dummy. I'm at about 340cp and can solo quite a few things now, but I just don't get how people can do huge amount of damage. L2P I suppose lol

Edited by pdblake on August 13, 2019 8:17AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I love this update. Dungeons are very nice, and the gameplay changes are very welcome when it comes to my own playstyle, I get that it hurts some people, but mine have mostly been made more enjoyable, so I have no reason not to enjoy it. I play 2H, 2H got buffed, the rotation is smoother, and do more damage, I cleared one of the boss encounters of the vet Lair of Maarselok with a 2H/2H setup xD
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems pretty good actually.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to disagree. My class -magblade -was destroyed last patch. So now everyone else is. No problems here. Some of the set changes are going to be excellent -and no, not sharing on that.

The new dungeon that's outside was fun and gorgeous.

New room in free house is epic.

I can craft a lot of potions...

bugs whatever -they get fixed
    Edited by merevie on August 13, 2019 9:46AM
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just cleared vMA with my mDK build from last patch - no changes except removing wings which are pretty much useless now anyway. Got a dagger page and a lightning staff- not bad.

It went fine - no complaints at all. If anything Level 7 seems better behaved than prior to the patch.

So I'm good.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    Please! When you leave an reply to a question like that answer what build/class you use othervise your reply is useless.

Thanks and kindregards
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I'm wondering, how many of the changes are geared towards selling those skill lines...knowing that most players would not have specific skills levelled up. I may not like some of the changes but i adapt.

I do have a feeling that this patch has been pushed or propelled forward with the selling of skill lines behind it all. Zos financial department is making some drastic decisions.

Precisely.

Welcome to the Buildbreaker DLC.
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    I've had my MagSorc as my main since the game launched and now they have nerfed it to the point where I am not sure it will be viable in any content to include end-game. All my achievements are on my main and my second toon Magden got nerfed (if I read correctly). Magcro I've converted to Stam, but since EVERYONE needs gear I am switching back to mag... not a fan of stam. Sorry...
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Who has abandoned the game is ZOS, not us.

THEY wanted to implement sharp cut classes into ESO and built a whole game, lore and balance around that.

Now THEY abandoned the classes and are going towards some tasteless mashup of general abilities that does not reflect in the game and lore.
  • Dwalgrimnar
    Dwalgrimnar
    ✭✭✭
    I changed some of the skills on my stamblade, some of them are not fully levelled yet and have to get used to a slightly different rotation, but I got 10K more dps so I'm not complaning.
    And will probably improve when the muscle memoried the rotation.

That hit so close to home it's uncanny.
    Happy with the changes so far. Better damage/sustain with that new rotation, once I'm really used to it, it'll be a lot better than before. I was afraid of the changes at first, but looks like I had no reason to be.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering, how many of the changes are geared towards selling those skill lines...knowing that most players would not have specific skills levelled up. I may not like some of the changes but i adapt.

I do have a feeling that this patch has been pushed or propelled forward with the selling of skill lines behind it all. Zos financial department is making some drastic decisions.

We mustn't forget that those decisions are as a result of demands from players. It was never a ZOS proposal that players should be able to buy skill lines in the Crown Store, it came from players who thought everything should be given to them on a plate and for free. No matter how many times they were told such things would come at a price through the Crown Store they still wanted them, and that's what they've been given. Everything else flows from that. As always, be careful what you wish for.
  • aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

We mustn't forget that those decisions are as a result of demands from players. It was never a ZOS proposal that players should be able to buy skill lines in the Crown Store, it came from players who thought everything should be given to them on a plate and for free. No matter how many times they were told such things would come at a price through the Crown Store they still wanted them, and that's what they've been given. Everything else flows from that. As always, be careful what you wish for.

Honestly if they are going to sell Skyshards and Skill Lines in the Crown Store, then make it ACCOUNT-BASED!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I hope this is the patch that all Sorcerers turn into frogs.

Given sorcerers being the archetypal magic class, it's more likely they'll turn everyone else into frogs :tongue:
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    Who has abandoned the game is ZOS, not us.

Exactly, for example the Cyrodiil performance improvement was supposed to be some priority in 2017 for Zenimax, it's been going for worse all the time and Zenimax has been quiet most of the time with the topic, it's been fine while players suffer the lag in Cyrodiil when they represent the minority of the playerbase. Now the lagtastic features have spread all over the game affecting most of the players, this has significant negative affect on the incomes of Zenimax if and when many players quit playing and paying. So they make the performance fix timeline to create some hope for players so they would tolerate all the problems one more year or more and keep on paying. I've been patient, but I'm not completely dumb to fall in believing the same illusions year after year, has anyone ever heard there's no magical button to fix the problems over night?
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Because it is certainly a catastrophe right?
    No. not really. all seems well to me.
    All is well for you so there can't possibly be anything bad about this update.
    That's just a wee bit egocentric, don't you think?

Last i checked, there's more to this game than just you.
    shades.gif

No. NO! that cant be true.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    Patches are going to nerf things. It has to be so. It's the only answer to the power creep phenom.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patches are going to nerf things. It has to be so. It's the only answer to the power creep phenom.

Except, if building for the ST dot meta, power increased.
  • Playnice
    Playnice
    ✭✭✭
    Any why exactly is it a catastrophe? Because you can't permatank 15 people in pvp anymore? Because you can't spam healing springs in any HM trial without ever justifying yourself as a legitimate healer? Because you have to give up your glass cannon builds to survive in pvp?

No sorry we are done playing the "my cancer build doesn't work anymore so nerf everything" game on the forums.
    Playing since Feb 2015 / TES fan since 2002
    Main alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    All classes, all specs, 21 characters / 2 accounts
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran vMA with my werewolf. Cleared it and only really had trouble on the last boss because the increased cost of the heal skill.

So stupid a stamina character has to use magicka to heal.

I'll make some adjustments to the build and do it again.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aquiella wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

Honestly if they are going to sell Skyshards and Skill Lines in the Crown Store, then make it ACCOUNT-BASED!

nah, too many rubes willing to be pony up again and again. <shrug>
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ehhhh.... my magden is still parsing really well on the skele; up about 1k DPS on the 6 mil. Out in the open world, things feel a bit different; I'm having to apply more single-target DoTs with mobs and whatnot, but I'm still having no issues soloing Craglorn group content.

Trials though... I've only done one thus far but things are significantly more boring. I have three skills that do the exact same amount of damage (Fetcher Infection, Soul Trap, Entropy) and though they all have additional "perks", it feels more or less like I'm applying the exact same skill over and over again, and then I become aware that all other mag DDs are also using ST and Entropy, and that all other stam DDs are likely using ST. It doesn't feel unique. It feels boring and utterly predictable: I'm constantly refreshing three DoTs that do 24,000ish damage over 10 seconds.

It's just... dull
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every time I killed someone in PvP I thought, “Best patch EVER!” Everytime I died I thought, “This games BROKEN! I want my daddy’s money back!”
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There never was much hope...just a fools hope.

sorry i had to say it.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I killed someone in PvP I thought, “Best patch EVER!” Everytime I died I thought, “This games BROKEN! I want my daddy’s money back!”

I fully agree, and because I just killed 3 ppl today in 1vs1 on some dead campaign*, I think it's best patch EVER! :D

*previously I always died fast in a.m. circumstances ;).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »

Precisely.

Welcome to the Buildbreaker DLC.

"Buildbraker DLC" ... that was a good one! made my day.