Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[REQUEST:] Preview individual Crown store furnishings in house before purchase

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Have you ever bordered on purchasing furnishings from the Crown store because you could not tell how the piece will really look in your home? Yes, the squares give you an idea of size, but you don’t know exactly how those curtains will look on that window or whether that plant will fit in your vase or just how much space that fountain or statue will take up in your courtyard. Relative size isn’t the only issue, certainly, as some items you might think are the same color won’t look as you’d hoped when placed next to one another, etc. And if you don’t like a furnishing you’ve bought with Crowns, you are stuck with finding space somewhere for it and can’t sell it through a trader to recoup some cost (as I’ve often done after crafting something that didn’t turn out as I’d hoped).

If one had the option to place Crown store furnishings and then choose whether to buy or cancel, I know I would consider buying more expensive pieces and there’s nothing like seeing something work perfectly to convince you to buy now!

Thank you! :)
Edited by Araneae6537 on August 12, 2019 9:08PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be one of the best upgrades to housing ever. I think previewing items is very important for all the reasons you stated or you end up wasting gold or crowns and reselling or storing items that you don't need. I find it harder work when choosing items having to go to websites and try to ascertain the size of them and even then it is still not exactly helpful. For expensive items you can visit guildmates houses to check them out but even that only gives you some idea if you want to use them in a different location.

It would be a VERY nice feature to preview items in the house itself.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree op, this would be a well utilised feature. I too have bought items that didn't quite look or fit right and wished I had been able to try before i buy.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, this is an excellent idea! I am not sure whether it would create more Crown store item sales or less. I guess it depends on whether people are more likely to buy something and take a chance, or if they decide not to purchase because of the uncertainty.

I often wish there was a way to preview crafted furniture items in a similar way. Sometimes all those mats are invested in an item and it doesn’t turn out like you hope. I guess that’s where the post here on the forums about deconstructing furniture would be handy.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this is an excellent idea! I am not sure whether it would create more Crown store item sales or less. I guess it depends on whether people are more likely to buy something and take a chance, or if they decide not to purchase because of the uncertainty.

I often wish there was a way to preview crafted furniture items in a similar way. Sometimes all those mats are invested in an item and it doesn’t turn out like you hope. I guess that’s where the post here on the forums about deconstructing furniture would be handy.

I would think they would sell more, for sure if many people purchase as I do: The only Crown store items I take a chance on are inexpensive items that I’m certain I’ll end up using somewhere, such as many of the plants. Otherwise, it has to be something I’m absolutely completely certain that I want.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to deconstruct furnishings if one got enough furnishings back. Still, I’ll take a chance on crafting furnishings or buying them from traders since I can always sell them if they don’t work out, even if not profitably. At least I’m not stuck with finding space for it and completely out my investment.