Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What would be the ideal goal of these changes?

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I see a lot of people complaining that by buffing the guild skills they have made class skills useless but what if they got the balance perfect?

In the ideal scenario, we would have multiple different styles that would work... All guild skills, Class-based (e.g DK), Dots build, spammable builds, pets builds etc.. There being literally one build for every class is trash, you have the best trails set of the moment and then pair it with (best Spell damage set for Mag and best Penetration set for Stam) means you have to farm the trials multiple sets just to have two characters of the same type of dps that sucks... I want set/ build diversity as well as class diversity.

I get it something has to be the best but everyone only playing the best just sucks.
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Variety in how PvE DPS (or any role) can function would be my wish as well. Right now, pre-Scalebreaker, most DPS bar layouts come down to

1 Spammable (& 1 Execute)
    1-2 ST DoTs
    2 AoE DoTs
    2 Buffs
    1 Class Gimmick
    Some passive bonus

If this looks like a recipe, that's because it is. Depending on the colour of the seasoning you use, the result will be one of several classes. Don't forget to preheat your oven!

...I understand the game needs to replicate cooldowns somehow to give structure to combat, be it with the help of DoTs, buffs or debuffs. Still, actual variety in playstyles would be appreciated.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change gives my magDK some much needed flavor even if it's just two mage guild skills added... But I know that some class mains like sorc and templar are very displeased; I am irked that eruption has become a chore and that I have to use barbed trap for minor force ( channeled cast time is too clunky and in lag LOL, fire rune perfect candidate ), and having a passive execute would be nice to compete.

I'm all for diversity and variety, as well as balance among every class; everyone can compete and have flavor, it's just kind of hard to balance especially when they neglect to listen to forums and such at times.

One piece is elemental succession, it's only really viable for necro and magdk, that would make me very happy.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be fun if we could change/switch out 1 or 2 of the 2,3 and 4 set bonuses on any crafted set. Example: You switch the 2piece bonus of hundings rage from crit to stam regen. That would mix things up alot imo, wich is a good thing

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    It would be fun if we could change/switch out 1 or 2 of the 2,3 and 4 set bonuses on any crafted set. Example: You switch the 2piece bonus of hundings rage from crit to stam regen. That would mix things up alot imo, wich is a good thing

So a crafted craft set so you pick the first 3 bonuses then the final bonus is the set?

Would work in most cases, some have two 4 piece sets, but that would be awesome!
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know right now the generic dots are slightly too strong (compared to spammables) and Sorcs and Templars are really lacking in class identity/any reason to stack their class abilities compared to just generic skills.

So If there is the straight generic build with mostly generic plus a couple of strong class skills then compared to building a synergistic class-based build like Dks and Wardens (and nerco's?) have. They need to dive into the templar and sorc (non pet) skills and passives to see if they can generate a real reason to stack class skills.

Mages and fighters guilds already have passives encouraging stacking of those skills needs to have that for all classes.

And secondly, we need to make spammables great again, perhaps tying it in with synergy might be the best options (see whip)

They are just never going to get it right in the first attempt, it's super hard to balance and people are always going to find the OP eventually.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I know right now the generic dots are slightly too strong (compared to spammables) and Sorcs and Templars are really lacking in class identity/any reason to stack their class abilities compared to just generic skills.

So If there is the straight generic build with mostly generic plus a couple of strong class skills then compared to building a synergistic class-based build like Dks and Wardens (and nerco's?) have. They need to dive into the templar and sorc (non pet) skills and passives to see if they can generate a real reason to stack class skills.

Mages and fighters guilds already have passives encouraging stacking of those skills needs to have that for all classes.

And secondly, we need to make spammables great again, perhaps tying it in with synergy might be the best options (see whip)

They are just never going to get it right in the first attempt, it's super hard to balance and people are always going to find the OP eventually.

IMO templar and sorc in PVE were boring before the guild skill changes. Neither has an interesting and worthwhile gimmick for dps.

I love good gimmicks for PVE dps and without one the rotation will be boring if you have boring fire-and-forget class skills or fire-and-forget guild skills. Either way it will be boring.

Pretty class graphics for basically the same DoT that deals damage over a similar amount of time.... just as boring as an ascii art guild skill that's also just a boring DoT at the core.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah but there a lot of players that struggle with the more active playstyles.

I, for example, have 440 ping and there are a lot of people asking for 1 bar or easy builds (which is why pet builds are popular) just because they want to play the game all the way through. But even then.. only need 20-30K dps to play the game on normal. So if this "easy build" still got you 20-30K dps but the way the game works with light attack weaving being so much of your damage it is really hard to even hit 20K without practice. i.e a easy mode all dot build should out put 20-30K dps without having to work too hard for it.

Then I feel there should be a 20-30K easy mode build then your 40K plus srs business builds but.. with what they have currently when srs business players play the easy mode builds they getting more dps than trying to do more active builds.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i had to guess, the goal is making every class play the same
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I see a lot of people complaining that by buffing the guild skills they have made class skills useless but what if they got the balance perfect?

In the ideal scenario, we would have multiple different styles that would work... All guild skills, Class-based (e.g DK), Dots build, spammable builds, pets builds etc.. There being literally one build for every class is trash, you have the best trails set of the moment and then pair it with (best Spell damage set for Mag and best Penetration set for Stam) means you have to farm the trials multiple sets just to have two characters of the same type of dps that sucks... I want set/ build diversity as well as class diversity.

I get it something has to be the best but everyone only playing the best just sucks.

they didn't get the balance perfect. on mag necro, necro abilities besides the skeletal arcanist are your lowest priority abilities. literally everything else has higher priority because it does more damage. refreshing these new dots is higher priority than just about everything else and it's really, really dumb. without a corpse, boneyard does less damage than every other class ground aoe, and less than blockade. class abilities suck, and are crowded off of your bar by these buffs to dots that no one asked for.
    Edited by ecru on August 13, 2019 12:14AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer