Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Free Bag Upgrade

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
I am not sure this is worth contacting ESO support or not? So I hope I can get my question answered here? Before I contact them.
So I didn't get the level 7 Bag Upgrade Reward. So I was wondering if you buy one before you get the "free" one. Does it over right it?

Thanks
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett

Best Answers

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "free" upgrade is only for the first level of the bag space upgrade purchase. So, if you bought the first upgrade prior to hitting level 12, you will not receive another.

I tried to do that on an alt while leveling, bought all but the last one, hoping to save my self the 46k or whatever the last one costs, but alas, it's only good for the first 400g upgrade
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
    Answer ✓
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm with what was said above, the free upgrade will only be awarded if you haven't purchased any bag upgrades yet. Basically, it will only ever save you the price of the first upgrade which is about 400 gold if I remember correctly.
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This changed a couple months ago so you now receive your bag upgrade at level 12. You can find the post with all the details here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475414/changes-to-level-up-rewards
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    This changed a couple of months ago so you now receive your bag upgrade at level 12. You can find the post with all the details here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/475414/changes-to-level-up-rewards

I am level 20 I don't remember receiving it? Should I contact ESO support?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to overwrite the free one if you bought one prior to it. I don't know if it still does. If you don't get the upgrade at level 12, that's the likely culprit.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    It used to overwrite the free one if you bought one prior to it. I don't know if it still does. If you don't get the upgrade at level 12, that's the likely culprit.

• Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still fail to understand the reason for postponing the free bag upgrade by five more levels. That means eleven levels you have to suffer with just the 60 slots bag.

Yes, it is just a few hundred gold, you can easily buy it, but why have it as a levelling reward at all, then?
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com