The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bring back sorc 3rd bar

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expert wrote: »
    Ok, lets logically speak of this. Because one class having 3rd bar as a identity all the years before, it's only fair to give it to everyone else? Ok

Give cloak to sorcs, give wings to sorcs, give anything that seems strong identity wise for specific classes, well might aswell hand over it to sorcs. cuz "equality" is so important.

Hey, give breath of life to sorcs, it's only fair right?

Lets take away your favorite skill, and whenever u ask for it back i'll just say "not until sorcs get that skill too".

Imagine this pattern, zos takes away your cloak, your breath of life, your wings, anything that really makes u go damn well i miss that skill. then when u ask for it back, i'll slide my comment, "not till sorcs get it too".

This is a poor thought, and urge you guys to think beyond it.

Give sorcs self synergy plz
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok jokes aside, it was an unintended bug. Much like weaving. but this one they decided to remove. It is as simple as that.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    it was an unintended bug. Much like weaving

What are you smoking.

But you main point, correct.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

What are you smoking.

nb frost resto tank yol ebon symphony (tanked vFV HM without a healer) with occasional jorvulds ebon sorc tank with 64 points in magicka, heavy attack rotation off heal magplar and a bit of dk heal.

Though the correct answer would probably be lack of sleeping hours
    Edited by zvavi on August 5, 2019 1:58PM
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Just add 2 more skill slots on each bar would add to build diversity ect and avoid the clunkyness of haveng to swap to the 3rd bar
    Edited by psycoprophet on August 7, 2019 2:40PM
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listen man, to be fair everyone h8's our class, it could be the worst class in game and people will still say it over performs in hopes of their class just getting buffed. The sad thing is this is how zos runs their game, usually. It's been this way since launch. There has been plenty of patches were sorc hasn't been number one, but yet portrayed as if it is, now with this being said it has never been last, nor worse than the middle of the pack and that's due to the original design/diversity it has had, but in 2019 if you go through the entirety of the classes skills and passives and sets or indirect skill nerfs the class has pretty much been gutted in every way shape or form and made pretty by a few cheesy abilities like overload and pets. it is irrefutable that sorcerer is the most nerfed class in game and just evaluate how people act towards it. people persecute on the basis of being envious and picking a main class that might not shine as much in pvp aspects, which is how a class typically performs in out numbered situations, while completely disregarding a players skill in the game or knowledge! my advice to you go main the worse class in game that way people cant say shiz!
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, lets logically speak of this. Because one class having 3rd bar as a identity all the years before, it's only fair to give it to everyone else? Ok

Give cloak to sorcs, give wings to sorcs, give anything that seems strong identity wise for specific classes, well might aswell hand over it to sorcs. cuz "equality" is so important.

Lets take away your favorite skill, and whenever u ask for it back i'll just say "not until sorcs get that skill too".

Imagine this pattern, zos takes away your cloak, your breath of life, your wings, anything that really makes u go damn well i miss that skill. then when u ask for it back, i'll slide my comment, "not till sorcs get it too".

that would be a a1 social justice warrior my friend, hey you have a million dollars so everyone has to have a million dollars lmfao
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching to 3rd bar was clunky. I hated it.

Face it. 3rd bar was always a gimmick, and it isn't coming back. This is coming from a biased, hardcore Sorc main.

Why not focus on asking ZOS to give us more useful spells and morphs? Dwelling on the past won't help anything.

Just because it was clunky for you, doesn't mean it was clunky for the rest of us. I used it often, and it was smooth when animation cancelling.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need it, in particular as the power surge Nerf means slotting another skill. How many of us run mighty damn chudan, just to save bar space!!!

But it won't come back, its gone.

Time to single bar pets however, yes. It's needed. That would help.

I'm at a point where i don't even have the energy to hate the nerfs, well adapt, it's just meh upon meh. The changes just mle play dull. Burst is exciting, death by a 1000 cuts of dots is not...but i digress.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭

If we can pretend there's such a thing as a 'utility rating' that generalizes the adaptability of a class to a single number based on how many skill slots are available to them, i.e. 10 slots gives a 'utility rating' of 1.0. Then having a third bar is like having a modifier of 1.5 to that 'utility rating', while everyone else has a modifier of 1.0, or the baseline from which the game is balanced.

The difference between those 'utility ratings' - or just the existence of the third bar - doesn't impact how a class functions, it only tightens or loosens the conditions on how a character can plan to use it's identity to face future challenges; how that character will choose to assert their class identity is up to them, and regardless of what they choose, that identity remains in tact. Or to put it differently: the substance of a class' identity is in the mechanics and design of it's abilities, not in the number of abilities it's able to use in a single moment, nor is it in which abilities are prioritized.

Hopefully, the 'utility rating' modifier thing doesn't make that too convoluted; my point is to show that identity is qualitative, not quantitative as the original argument claims.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Switching to 3rd bar was clunky. I hated it.

Face it. 3rd bar was always a gimmick, and it isn't coming back. This is coming from a biased, hardcore Sorc main.

Why not focus on asking ZOS to give us more useful spells and morphs? Dwelling on the past won't help anything.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others didn't. Personally I liked the 3rd bar it was Unique and very useful when used correctly and no one asked for it to be removed, it just happened randomly when ZOS decided to change things just for the sake of change which they're doing a lot of recently.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the 3rd bar, as a non-pet sorc in PvP it gave me extra options. The problem is justifying that third skill bar to people who main other classes. I kind of wish all classes had a single toggle ultimate like old OL that granted a 3rd bar at the expense of not being a top tier damage ult. Unfortunately, they nixed it instead of expanding on the concept.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you put it that way.....

NO
    ZoS has decided that the 3rd bar is no longer part of the "sorc identity"
    Sorcs are not weak.

Like all classes, a well built sorc in the hands of a good player does just fine in both PvE and PvP.

Edited by Katahdin on August 8, 2019 10:24PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like sorcs, especialy magsorcs. I think they were OP af and still decent after all nerfs BUT that 3rd bar was unique. Homogenising is not good for game.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a 3rd bar for when I'm in Cloak on NB. That way I can slot all Support skills for mag recovery and permacloak.

Would give the class some identity so everyone should be alright with it.
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well since you're comparing 3rd bar on a NB, you're just being part of the illogical debate on a Sorc related topic discussing our identity. What I'm trying to imply is that, if I used your logic imagine cloak on a Sorc. Obviously that'd would destabilize combat a lot. We can't just say because X had it then we must make all of Y have it too.

Looking beyond these statements, sorc skillbars are getting limited, It's hard to keep major sorcery, major prophecy, and major protection, and all the good stuff when templars can rock that stuff so easily. Even Templars have minor sorcery on top of it all, with some crazy passives that are in competition with Sorc passives.

At the end of the day, what I'm getting across is having a 3rd bar would open more windows for combos/burst against the biggest issue we face, "tank meta".

However as I debated this idea with a good close friend, he did say a point that counters my argument. Tanks can utilize 3rd bar to tank even more thus promoting tank meta. So who knows... I just want 3rd bar I don't care if our damage gets rebalanced, as long as I have my daedric mines and watch the pugs of Cyrodil run into them, as long as I can have my major sorc and major prophecy that we can no longer run due to lack of bar space, as long... As I can... be myself as a sorc again, i'll shed a tear and streak all over cyrodil with such happiness.