Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So the patch is live. How many have abandoned all hope?

• What_In_Tarnation
    What_In_Tarnation
    ✭✭✭✭
    highkingnm wrote: »
    Before leveling up Entropy and Unstable for my petsorc and flurry and soul trap for my stamcro, I've lost about 10k. Meaning once new rotations are down and I have them fully levelled, the impact for my DPS should be fairly minimal. Plus my stamcro's sustain is sooooo much better with the new rotation.

Whoops sorry, forgot to doomsay. I mean my DPS dropped by 99% and all classes except the ones I don't play are dead.

Don't really think most of players were actually complained their dps dropped on pts, the problem is actually like you mentions in your comments, your class gotta start using guilds/world skill lines to compensate the nerfed abilities from other skill lines.

Part of problem about thread like this is it's always left and right. There's no middle area.

For examples:

People complained healing changes cause of vTrials and probably PvP, ofc it won't affect that much for players who haven't even try out any hard contents.

People complained they nerfed utility abilities cause it affected their play style in PvP/PvE, ofc it won' t affect the other players' play style cause many players are playing different classes/builds/abilities (Especially for casual players).

But at least most of people here can finally come out and reap some insightful, agree and awesome now just like usual.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hope went long ago!

Hope for another game to play is also fading fast!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bah, I dont have any hope. Being pessimist is not that bad, one has only pleasing surprises.
    Edited by rpa on August 12, 2019 5:46PM
  • The_Last_Titan
    The_Last_Titan
    ✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by The_Last_Titan on August 19, 2019 4:58AM
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    just deleted my game

why didnt you give me your stuff?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up hope a yr ago. where you been
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    my addons don't work

reselect enable out of date addons.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    then stop reading Dante's Infernio...just play.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't tell you one way or the other as I'm still waiting for it to slooooowly download the update.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    Horror they fixed the mount so when you do not have stamina you cannot sprint that is an horrible fix that has been in game most likely since launch.
    When I saw that my mage does 17k with dots I forgived everything I will look for alternative sets, now is time to go book hunting for entropy, 3 dots at 17k will wreck everyone.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I abandoned Hope when she wouldn't do anything. She just hoped things would get done, and let the dishes pile up in the sink.

I moved in with Charity. She is much more giving :#

Much happier.

:#

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it is certainly a catastrophe right?
    No. not really. all seems well to me.
    All is well for you so there can't possibly be anything bad about this update.
    That's just a wee bit egocentric, don't you think?

Last i checked, there's more to this game than just you.
    shades.gif

Edited by SirAndy on August 12, 2019 6:36PM
  • Keileon
    Keileon
    ✭✭
    The changes aren't even all that bad, and a few characters of mine got hit by them.
    PC NA | @ KudaKeileon | ESO+ | CP 600+
    Ilus-Lei Xerseus - L50 | Argonian Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | Crafter | Pathological murderer || Caligan Casareeth - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (Healer) | Vampire | Worships Daedra
    Team Space Bat - L50 | Khajiit Male | Stamina Nightblade (DPS) | Werewolf | "Khajiit is trying." || Dances-Like-Stripper - L50 | Argonian Male | Balanced Warden (Tank) | Literally just does not care
    Heals-You-Idiots - L50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Nightblade (Healer) | Jerk || Pleb Imperial - Sub-50 | Imperial Female | Balanced Dragonknight (Tank) | Probably blackmailed and/or kidnapped
    Arynea Skycrowne - L50 | Bosmer Female | Stamina Sorcerer (DPS) | Way too happy for her own good || Careodry - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Sorcerer (DPS) | OC insert
    Sylliriht - Sub-50 | Dunmer Female | Magicka Warden (DPS) | Vampire | Actually a Maormer || Marks-The-Grave - Sub-50 | Argonian Male | Magicka Necromancer (DPS? Healer? ???) | An actual zombie
    Swallows-Own-Tail - Sub-50 | Argonian Female | Magicka Templar (Healer) | Ouroboros || Orcish Obesity - Sub-50 | Orc Male | Necromancer | Meme

hi so I actually love crown crates

GIVE LILMOTHIIT RACE
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before leveling up Entropy and Unstable for my petsorc and flurry and soul trap for my stamcro, I've lost about 10k. Meaning once new rotations are down and I have them fully levelled, the impact for my DPS should be fairly minimal. Plus my stamcro's sustain is sooooo much better with the new rotation.

Whoops sorry, forgot to doomsay. I mean my DPS dropped by 99% and all classes except the ones I don't play are dead.

Don't really think most of players were actually complained their dps dropped on pts, the problem is actually like you mentions in your comments, your class gotta start using guilds/world skill lines to compensate the nerfed abilities from other skill lines.

Part of problem about thread like this is it's always left and right. There's no middle area.

For examples:

People complained healing changes cause of vTrials and probably PvP, ofc it won't affect that much for players who haven't even try out any hard contents.

People complained they nerfed utility abilities cause it affected their play style in PvP/PvE, ofc it won' t affect the other players' play style cause many players are playing different classes/builds/abilities (Especially for casual players).

But at least most of people here can finally come out and reap some insightful, agree and awesome now just like usual.

Healing seemed fine in four person content I ran, will have to see how my trials guild does over the coming days but the healers are saying it isn’t as bad as they feared.

My petsorc and stamcro also still have a lot of class identity. Don't know how other classes have come out.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Hope went long ago!

Hope for another game to play is also fading fast!

Rebellions are built on hope.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For examples:

Healing seemed fine in four person content I ran, will have to see how my trials guild does over the coming days but the healers are saying it isn’t as bad as they feared.

My petsorc and stamcro also still have a lot of class identity. Don't know how other classes have come out.

This is how things usually go. It’s typically not as bad as people make out and people overlook positives.

Some people make trolly tooltip builds to get people worked up, but they’re only good for a high tooltip and aren’t playable.

Good example is the orbs change, no idea why people were upset it was improved so you don’t have to spam it.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 12, 2019 7:03PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually pleasantly surprised. That's worth mentionning. @ZOS_MattFiror , please make note of that, I've said lots of bad things about the previous patches, and I will stick to it, but... Yeah, this one is ok.

I don't like the change to Momentum / Rally, not one bit of it. But most of the skill changes seem to be actual balancing rather than outright nerfs barely disguised. Sorcs are gonna grind their teeth a bit, I know. Those who used caltrops for damage will cry, but hey, real life caltrops are control tools, not nukes.

I don't like all the changes, but they mostly make sense. That's more than what could have been said from most previous updates.

Now, if you could fix the Bosmers and make them stealthy again instead of really bad, pint-sized guards, that would be great.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot emphasise enough the damage the changes to momentum/forward momentum/rally mean for my stamknights and stamplars. What are they going to self-heal with consistently that *doesn't* require levelling the Alliance War rank to obtain and to be able to keep their 2H/1H/S functionality?
    The new FG aoe heal morph, Ring of Preservation, I don't think is going to cut it.

This also wouldn't be a problem if I could simply make use of class change tokens to have those two class builds become stamden and stamsorc, because making specific class builds impotent is really not on. Mag, stam, regardless of class, ought to be able to have good options for managing the basics, especially survival. Maybe even abolish classes and add every class skill line to every character, just imagine the possibilities!

Don't get me started on power surge... And why they didn't just add major sorcery to critical surge...I really don't know what I've got to lose just to get structured entropy on the bar to accompany a switch to critical surge.

We need more damage-induced and other self-heals, not fewer. And widely available, not just to people who PvP for even a little bit.

They should swap Vigour and Rapid Manoeuvre's rank requirements, or else Reduce Rapid's rank to 1, and Vigour's to 2, if they're so set on having that heal monopolise stamina builds, the least they could do is make it so that everyone only needs to do the Cyro tute in order to get it, rather than deliberately gate it behind a gameplay mode that not everyone wants, nor should feel compelled to do.

The changes to Soul Trap and Entropy to boost the periodic damage, I like the notion of. Having some strong fallbacks independent of class skills is good, I think, but not if it means making class skills entirely useless.

I find the healing changes interesting, I like that I can use Siphon Spirit, now that there's no cast time on any of the morphs. I'm actually quite pleased with the way Regeneration and its morphs appear to work now, but which one? Rapid Regen or Radiating Regen? I find the change to Grand Healing annoying, but hopefully Regen can make up for it somewhat.

Many players (if not everyone) slot Expert Hunter and Magelight for the major critical boosts slotting them affords. Now, imagine if the major brutality/sorcery ones were also added as permanent passive boosts to those same abilities? Now, of course, make sure that the critical and damage boosts are available across a much wider range of skills than they already are, so that not everyone has to slot those two abilities if they don't want to.

The key thing that'd make me feel hopeful would be increased survivability options, because if there's one thing I learned very early on playing this game, it's that self-healing simply cannot be done without.

Even with all the positive changes I've listed, my hopes really aren't that high, but I've not entirely abandoned hope, either. If some of my suggestions were given serious consideration, hopes may once again be fulfilled.
    Edited by sentientomega on August 13, 2019 1:04AM
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have one of every class in stam and mag version lvled up(except magcrow) and have about 10 of them active in pvp and pve. This patch has simply made it not fun for me. Putting soul trap on every toon I have isn't fun, the new way to heal isn't fun, changing so many things in one patch is work, not fun. I have never felt this way about patches before, not even morrowind.

So I have unsubscribed, nothing really keeping me in this game I think.

Also faction lock is still horrible, made last patch so I couldn't play with half the people I wanted to cus they were on the populated server and of different faction, I guess One Tamriel has been reverted...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abandon all hope? Naa, The one constant with ESO is there is not constant with combat. Zos seems to lack a vision for the game and has always had an issue with thinking things through. It is all due to Matt Firor's amazing guidance.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my summary so far:

My magplar healer is now a dps. Resto skills are now too brief and positionally restrictive for me to enjoy continuing as a healer. That said, she's doing fine as a dps.

My tank is retired. With the shift to single target DoT, a tanks ability to hold a boss still (for ground AoE killing zones) is of no value.

My magward and magblade only required minor tweaks and they are fine.

My magsorc transitioned from Matriarch and lotsa ground AoE into something close to a magblade clone only not quite as good.

My three bow/bow characters (sorc, ward, NB) I did not get to yet. I know there will be significant changes in skill slotting.

Overall. I loved ground AoEs and those are severely nerfed. I don't particularly care for single target DoTs and those were severely buffed. Both the AoE nerfs and DoT buffs well overshot the mark unless the intent is to discourage those who enjoy more of an AoE playstyle (like me). So my healer and tank have been discouraged enough to change role or retire and my dd's, while effective, do not enjoy the playstyle changes required to remain effective.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    I feel the hit most on my werewolves, but that's okay, as I have been trying to use werewolf abilities less and class/guild/weapon skills more. Eyes raised at the soul trap change--- wow! Going to see what I can do with that for fun's sake. Sort of a "fire and forget" skill on the weaker pve opponents. All in all, very pleased with the new changes - at least the ones that I have tested so far.
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was fully expecting the patch to ruin my magsorc and i made peace with it. What i did not see coming is my magplar being hit as well.I loved jabs and there is apparently no more room for them in new dps builds. So yeh hope is gone. Sub cancelled.
    Edited by LucyferLightbringer on August 13, 2019 2:26AM
  • nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    All i've done today is VMA on my magplar. I switched out vampire's bane for the new consuming soul trap morph and WOW at the sustain. I get back almost 8k mag everytime I kill something. The only times I needed to toss in some heavy attacks for magika was on boss fights with few or no adds. The dot is also stronger. And with the bump in sustain I was able to replace a reduce cost jewelry glyph with a spell damage glyph making me even more powerful! Finally got flawless on my main today! I expect this skill to get nerfed back into uselessness in the near future.
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a magBlade. I do well. Well, Twisted Path got nerfed, but Crippling Grasp was buffed, if I read the patch notes right. I already used Entropy instead of Sap Essence. I'm not changing anything.

Edited by tahol10069 on August 13, 2019 4:01AM
  • Analara
    Analara
    well, -69% damage for my matriarch equals a vacation for me from eso. I was gathering gear to pick up with the arena, but the nerf to the matriarch and also to plague doctor's has crashed that plan. think I'll just sit back and wait a bit and see if they can come to terms with having a need for variable stats on skills depending on whether they are OR are not in pvp/pve.

so thoroughly bummed right now; don't even want to think about my DK and templar.

btw, I've never said I was going to quit this game; didn't say it now; it's just that right now, the game doesn't seem like much fun (which was one of the things I loved about playing: it was fun). I've never, ever had a single complaint before because there was nothing that I couldn't live with. this patch is different.
    Edited by Analara on August 13, 2019 5:51AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually when they released 5.1.0 when I saw only nerfs for magblade and no fix for shade (again after almost a year) I simply refused to play and pay and it would stay like that... but since they FIXED THE SHADE (OMG HYPE HYPE) I'm back! Doesn't matter it got cost increase, it's working!!!! :D

And yup... Everything seems to be as usual in Cyrodiil, lags, ball groups, small scalers. There is just a bit more entropy/rending slash users.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    just deleted my game

You may want to edit you signature line.

Which states:
    Contact me in game for Golden Clover Invite @Alienoutlaw226 PC EU
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/goldenclovereso

Well spotted lol 🖒🖒🖒😆
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because it is certainly a catastrophe right?

No. not really. all seems well to me.

your first mistake was having hope in the first place
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering, how many of the changes are geared towards selling those skill lines...knowing that most players would not have specific skills levelled up. I may not like some of the changes but i adapt.

I do have a feeling that this patch has been pushed or propelled forward with the selling of skill lines behind it all. Zos financial department is making some drastic decisions.