Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So the patch is live. How many have abandoned all hope?

Hazurko_RaShan
Hazurko_RaShan
✭✭✭
Because it is certainly a catastrophe right?

No. not really. all seems well to me.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wait, what again? Wasn't it catastrophic last time, the time before that, last year, the year before and so on?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Wait, what again? Wasn't it catastrophic last time, the time before that, last year, the year before and so on?

No there was that one patch back in 2017 where all was well.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Catastrophic? No. But the 'meh' I utter with a grimace after reading the Patch Notes does get more and more dejected each time. So 'mehhh'.

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Reminds me of the CM on the WoW forums back in the day, who kept (and posted after every patch) a running list of all the things that had "killed" WoW according to the Chicken Little crowd. :D
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Hope", was something I lost with Wrathstone update tbh...
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm downloading it now; haven't seen it yet.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that my playstyle is so casual that it's mostly unaffected by changes
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo dots are way too prevalent in this meta. Rip medium armor(but what else is new)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still downloading currently at 25% 20.30 MB/s 43345.3 MB remaining.
    Then have to log on each character to get the processes of the changes done --- like: Undaunted Keys moved to currency, Skill Lines, Fragments, etc...

So won't really see how it all works fro a bit.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C’mon guys.... spill.... us console plebs want to know some details
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope those who say they are quitting over this update will tell us how many times previously they've told us they were quitting over an update.

My character who uses Silver Shards is celebrating, I haven't had time to check out the other 35 characters yet. I doubt I'll notice most of the changes, but I'm all for keeping the game alive by adjusting things and I'd hate to be stuck with the exact same abilities I had 5 years ago. Change is good!
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great patch, happy sorc here (as i actually expexted)

old builds still works (with some loses)

new ones have some increase in dps

the great thing is that with all that standardization

i was afraid of that characters gonna lose...feeling

but noiw i actually have more builds divercity and flexibility

for specific goals

TY ZOS <3
  • almightyalfo
    almightyalfo
    ✭✭✭
    People were freaking out. My old rotation does absolutely the same DPS as before.

*cries in -2k dps*
    PC-EU
    Daggerfall Covenant only

My Characters [All CP 810+]:
    Aeriel Nightvale (Bosmer StamDK) - "Stormproof" - Crafter
    Ranzaiq Longclaw (Khajiit StamPlar) - "The Merciless" - Stamina DD (PVE/PVP)
    Freiya Winterborn (Nord StamDen) - "Paragon" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Rayna the Desecrator (Dunmer StamNecro) - "Sunspire Saint" - Stamina DD (PVE)
    Heals-Many-Scars (Argonian MagPlar) - "Sunspire Saint" - Healer (PVE)
    Burgdul gro-Burek (Orc StamDK) - "Thane of Falkreath" - Tank (PVE)
    Erisa gro-Burek (Orc StamSorc) - "Orderly" - Stamina DD (PVP)
    Auguste Valeine (Breton MagPlar) - "Stormproof" - Magicka DD (PVE)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sure you can still play the game....80% of all the bars for all my chars look the same now...if you consider this variety and fun then i guess it was a success...
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I do hope those who say they are quitting over this update will tell us how many times previously they've told us they were quitting over an update.

My character who uses Silver Shards is celebrating, I haven't had time to check out the other 35 characters yet. I doubt I'll notice most of the changes, but I'm all for keeping the game alive by adjusting things and I'd hate to be stuck with the exact same abilities I had 5 years ago. Change is good!

While I mostly agree that change may keep the game alive, I do understand how much pain feel those who spend many hours polishing their build
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is the patch that all Sorcerers turn into frogs.

Edited by vamp_emily on August 12, 2019 6:19PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »

While I mostly agree that change may keep the game alive, I do understand how much pain feel those who spend many hours polishing their build

the ones who spends time for teoricrafting/polishing their builds

gonna happily keep polishing their renewed builds...as usual

the YT cookie cutter that-guy-meta crowd will just

copy the builds of their YT deities...as usual

looks like no problems here ;)
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just deleted my game
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just deleted my game

You may want to edit you signature line.

Which states:
    Contact me in game for Golden Clover Invite @Alienoutlaw226 PC EU
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/goldenclovereso

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    great patch, happy sorc here (as i actually expexted)

old builds still works (with some loses)

new ones have some increase in dps

the great thing is that with all that standardization

i was afraid of that characters gonna lose...feeling

but noiw i actually have more builds divercity and flexibility

for specific goals

TY ZOS <3

Not sure which build you had. Mine lost around 8k... so i rebuilt into a new one. Funny so far, despite some sustain issues and selfhealing. ST is powerful now, AOE is meh, so i think it´s a matter of taste. Before patch i was awesome as AOEr, now i will be as STer.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll let you know when I run VMA again later.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    No change will make me quit the game :) (there's a lot of things to do anyway).....i've always adapted to changes and i will, this time too......but this doesn't mean i'm happy with some "details" (power surge change on last week? sloppy and dishonest move imho) but as usual, everything will change again in 3/6/X months (as always have been, since they don't seems to have a real clue ["standardization anyone?" laughters heard on background])....so...the show goes on.
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 57K+ Achievement Points
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    Uh what?
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    my addons don't work
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't have time to really play much but I did a couple quick deathmatches and didn't see any pet sorcs. Class identity took a hit but single dps is definitely higher
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't lose hope if you don't have any in the first place.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the life cycle of ESO patches since Beta. Many players cry out and curse ZOS over and over again after each and every patch and updates, but all continue playing the game and simmer down sooner or later. Many others rage-quit, but return sooner or later.

Hope was shattered many, many moons ago. Just play the game and enjoy it for what it is and whatever it will be, before it implodes in itself. After a few years now, I still get a kick the most out of watching my female toons' tush wriggling about while frolicking around Tamriel. It's properly the few things still keeping me with the game all these years. Ha ha
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Before leveling up Entropy and Unstable for my petsorc and flurry and soul trap for my stamcro, I've lost about 10k. Meaning once new rotations are down and I have them fully levelled, the impact for my DPS should be fairly minimal. Plus my stamcro's sustain is sooooo much better with the new rotation.

Whoops sorry, forgot to doomsay. I mean my DPS dropped by 99% and all classes except the ones I don't play are dead.

E: stamcro has new record parse. RIP the game, clearly nerfed to death
    Edited by highkingnm on August 12, 2019 6:57PM
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭

It's been harder for me lately, but I agree that the changes in the end are ultimately good. I sometimes doubt it, and right now I'm not playing at all due to the performance on console, with no fix for that in sight. But, for the most part I have liked where the game has been going ever since they started all these big changes, and I think people should give it time. We won't know the results until everything has been reworked and is on the table.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had hope for this update. However now my hope is long gone. I got an unexpected and unwanted feature of "Error 200". Looks like the maintenance and the new update broke my game, yay. Done everything I can to fix it myself, nothing has worked so submitted a ticket. Fun Monday....
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade