Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you buy a Housing Expansion Pack if ...

DMBCML
DMBCML
✭✭✭
If an expansion pack came out for housing that met all our wish list items, would you buy it and what would a fair price be?

Would you buy a Housing Expansion Pack if ... 61 votes

YES
57%
Thrudra_Magia AimoracorpsebladeDarkhorse1975DMBCMLPomslonestarrangerAverageJo3Gam3rLadyNalcaryaKonstant_Tel_NecrisGlassWise_WillanadandyTheNightflameajm1946MysanneTigerseyeTrepis26SchokoladeMaryanne 35 votes
NO
22%
BeolundStreegaredspecter23ReverbWhite wabbitStrandedMonkeyMorgul667NevascaghastleyStarlight_Knightredlink1979pdblakezECHOJoStoic 14 votes
Maybe
19%
Iruil_ESOTankinatorFRTheImperfectMegattoTelvanniWizardvaleriiyaAshrynXeriktenAlinhbo_TyakaStarlockAraneae6537stephrk398 12 votes
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I think you mean DLC. Expansions are morrowind, Summerset, and elswyr. There’s not enough housing content to justify an expansion not included in ESO+
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    Would depend on the price
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Only if the increased the item level :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well many of us have pretty big wish lists.

It would need to be some kind of super expansion to fit in everything this one can think of alone.

Placeable NPCs, string of sausages, those limestone steps but in sandstone, placeable water, lighting things that somehow don't count towards the item limit, more statues of this one, placeable sand that isn't circular and home fishy puddles - for a start.

So yes - this one would be willing to open the vault at the Bank of Khajiit for those things.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    depends on contents and price.. much like anything else ones buys.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I am assuming that buying with gold (with the gifting system) doesn't count, so no. I avoid the Crown Store like the plague.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it were a DLC that we would get with ESO+, then I'd be ok with that. But not if it were something I had to purchase separately or in the Crown Store.

Housing enthusiasts are already paying a lot of money for CS-only homes and special furnishing packs and the like. While I've only purchased a handful of CS homes (only 2 were exclusive) and 3 of the furnishing packs, those add up to quite a bit of cash.

Expecting us to pay for all the QoL housing features we'd like to see is a bit much considering all the other ways they get money from housing.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    If it were a DLC that we would get with ESO+, then I'd be ok with that. But not if it were something I had to purchase separately or in the Crown Store.

Housing enthusiasts are already paying a lot of money for CS-only homes and special furnishing packs and the like. While I've only purchased a handful of CS homes (only 2 were exclusive) and 3 of the furnishing packs, those add up to quite a bit of cash.

Expecting us to pay for all the QoL housing features we'd like to see is a bit much considering all the other ways they get money from housing.

I agree, but what if the xpacs, or DLCs (more likely, I would imagine?) included the houses and/or enabled you to buy Crown Store houses with gold?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

I agree, but what if the xpacs, or DLCs (more likely, I would imagine?) included the houses and/or enabled you to buy Crown Store houses with gold?

I'm not sure what you mean by "included the houses." Do you mean it would include all the Homestead houses, so you don't have to buy them separately with gold? Or do you mean a few new houses? If the DLC offered a decent new house or two, then I might consider it, since the price of a DLC is usually less than most houses.

If it included the ability to buy CS houses with gold - I'm assuming you mean that CS houses would become giftable - then maybe, if there was still at least one decent-sized house I would get with the DLC. But, I'm not sure how that feature would be added as part of a purchasable DLC - it would mean they'd have to code in a way for the CS to recognize that both the buyer and seller had access to that DLC pack - otherwise, why make it a part of that DLC if the DLC isn't necessary in order to take advantage of it?
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well many of us have pretty big wish lists.

It would need to be some kind of super expansion to fit in everything this one can think of alone.

Placeable NPCs, string of sausages, those limestone steps but in sandstone, placeable water, lighting things that somehow don't count towards the item limit, more statues of this one, placeable sand that isn't circular and home fishy puddles - for a start.

So yes - this one would be willing to open the vault at the Bank of Khajiit for those things.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

THIS. LOL!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy a housing focused DLC if it were an actual DLC that focused on housing.

To clarify, a DLC focused on establishing a new colony.
    The entire colony would be a "house" containing separate house entrances for each building. Through questing, crafting, exploring, harvesting, etc, we would build the houses and buildings, furnish and decorate them, and then populate the colony with NPCs we help out and recruit to our town.
    With some kind of overarching story line about fending off ferocious flora and fauna, with perhaps a crazed cult that needs to be taken care of.

Anything else would just be an obvious cash grab and I wouldn't be super interested.
  • D3AKUs
    D3AKUs
    ✭✭✭
    Secret ZoS employee trying to figure out a way to milk the housing community even more without fixing or addressing problems that are way more important when it comes to housing atm.

I will not answer your poll u spy !
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES

I'm not sure what you mean by "included the houses." Do you mean it would include all the Homestead houses, so you don't have to buy them separately with gold? Or do you mean a few new houses? If the DLC offered a decent new house or two, then I might consider it, since the price of a DLC is usually less than most houses.

Yes, I meant the latter, sorry.

If it included the ability to buy CS houses with gold - I'm assuming you mean that CS houses would become giftable -

No, I meant that if you bought the DLC, or were subbed so got it anyway, it would allow you to buy the normally Crown Store-only DLC houses for in-game gold.

I wasn't referring to gifting houses, which I assume they would let anyone do, if they introduced it?

Edited by Tigerseye on August 8, 2019 1:02PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO
    I had to vote No, because most of my complaints are about crown-only items. The main thing I want is to be able to create every furnishing item by crafting. Plants, fires, books, etc. Purchase for in-game gold is a second best.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    I am assuming that buying with gold (with the gifting system) doesn't count, so no. I avoid the Crown Store like the plague.

I made no assumptions. Just if it met your wish list, so you have to create your own list.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    I think you mean DLC. Expansions are morrowind, Summerset, and elswyr. There’s not enough housing content to justify an expansion not included in ESO+

The content would have to be created. They have a basis for this in Skyrim with families, servants, bandits come to your home. I wouldn't really care if it were expansion or dlc. Heck, they could do both.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Aimora wrote: »
    Only if the increased the item level :/

That would be a requirement! Really, I think there should be nearly no or no limits.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES

I made no assumptions. It would depend on how they set it up.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES

That's true in that too many items are for sale in the crown store only. It should be that you can make everything that is for sale. I agree there.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I would buy a housing focused DLC if it were an actual DLC that focused on housing.

To clarify, a DLC focused on establishing a new colony.
    The entire colony would be a "house" containing separate house entrances for each building. Through questing, crafting, exploring, harvesting, etc, we would build the houses and buildings, furnish and decorate them, and then populate the colony with NPCs we help out and recruit to our town.
    With some kind of overarching story line about fending off ferocious flora and fauna, with perhaps a crazed cult that needs to be taken care of.

Anything else would just be an obvious cash grab and I wouldn't be super interested.

Well put! It should be that way!
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    D3AKUs wrote: »
    Secret ZoS employee trying to figure out a way to milk the housing community even more without fixing or addressing problems that are way more important when it comes to housing atm.

I will not answer your poll u spy !

Wow. Nope. 62 year old disabled grandma just waiting on the update to download, when I posted this and today.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    ghastley wrote: »
    I had to vote No, because most of my complaints are about crown-only items. The main thing I want is to be able to create every furnishing item by crafting. Plants, fires, books, etc. Purchase for in-game gold is a second best.

I want to craft them all too, but the drop rate is way too low for me to get enough mats in a reasonable amount of time. I suppose it wouldn't seem so slow going if I had more time to play. Between work, grandkids, and hubster, I keep quite busy,
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the point is since what I want is probably different than what you want.
    Edited by idk on August 12, 2019 3:03PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The idea here is too vague for me to vote on. Some people want fishing in their houses and I could care less about that. Some people want NPCs and I don’t.

Plus, we already have the necessary framework for housing, with recipes and mats, seems like we just need more recipes. I don’t think we should have to pay for them.

We just had an nice housing anniversary thing with gifting housing editor/Crown store items for the free Khajiit statue, but all I could think of was why we didn’t get double recipe drops or double furniture crafting mats drops from nodes. We know where the focus will be with any housing dlc.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The idea here is too vague for me to vote on. Some people want fishing in their houses and I could care less about that. Some people want NPCs and I don’t.

Plus, we already have the necessary framework for housing, with recipes and mats, seems like we just need more recipes. I don’t think we should have to pay for them.

We just had an nice housing anniversary thing with gifting housing editor/Crown store items for the free Khajiit statue, but all I could think of was why we didn’t get double recipe drops or double furniture crafting mats drops from nodes. We know where the focus will be with any housing dlc.

Huh...I didn't even consider the CS promotion for the statue to be related to the housing anniversary. I suppose it could have been, in which case it was pretty lame and I agree I'd rather have seen at least double furniture plan drops or guaranteed furnishing mat drops from nodes or even doubled when they do drop. Or heck, special housing boxes that would drop from doing regular writs, with a chance for furnishing plans based on the crafting type with housing mats being guaranteed drops.

I've given the housing DLC idea more thought, and I'd be willing to pay for it as long as it was no more than the price of Orsinium and didn't take the place of the only story DLC we get each year (outside of the chapter) and would replace one of the dungeon DLCs instead. But, it would be better if it were still available as part of ESO+.

To be worth it to me, this DLC would introduce more houses to purchase with gold throughout Tamriel - preferably in towns/cities that don't already have one (like Shornhelm) and varied in size, so we'd have apartments/small homes to choose from in addition to larger offerings.

Being able to purchase normally CS-exclusive homes with gold would be nice, but I can't see it happening considering that a moderately-priced DLC wouldn't come close to covering the revenue they get from the monstrous homes. But it would still be nice.

I think also adding in Skyrim housing features such as marriage/children, staff, etc. would be welcome. Perhaps even giving us a house building feature. Where there are structural items of varying styles available to us to create our own homes. Then, maybe instead of (but ideally in addition to) new homes that I'd like to see them add, they would have various sizes of land available to purchase where you can build your own home. Sure, we can sort of do that now, but there aren't enough building structures to be able to create a realistic home or homes of varying styles and that don't take up as many slots. Maybe even have the structural pieces scalable, so that you just have to place one wall of whatever size rather than several wall pieces to make the size you want.

These kinds of things would be what I'd want to see in a housing DLC. Not just new furnishing items or NPC furnishings or additional editor functionality akin to linking.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    I love ESO housing but whether I would pay additional...

An essential prerequisite would be an increase on item limit As it is now, I’m not even considering buying the largest estates, regardless of cost, because I know the item limit would prevent me from doing what I like with them. Really, the item limit seems quite arbitrary, given that a simple spoon and a huge tree or animated item count the same and that you can place additional items of certain categories in addition to the regular furnishing limit. I love the spacious Golden Gryphon Garret, St. Delyn’s Penthouse and Sugar Bowl Suite and would much rather pay to have their item limits increased to 100 rather than buy any of the apartments which aren’t to my taste.

I would not buy a housing expansion if it only included additional furnishings and houses as these should continue to be added to the game as they are now or give players even more ways to acquire them, not more restrictions.

For me to feel that an expansion (or whatever term you care to use) would be worth paying extra for was if it added whole additional levels of functionality, like abilities customize crafted items, modifying colors and applying other effects; additional tools for creating/modifying structures and terrain, including water. Additional utility would be great too in such an expansion, such as resource nodes you can place in your home. :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on August 14, 2019 6:48PM
  • JoStoic
    JoStoic
    ✭✭
    NO
    I said no because I'm broke. I have to get elsewyr first. And that's not looking likely.

Also, a housing expansion pack should unlock more practical homes in all the dlcs and some of the more busy cities, like craglorn, (honestly, all I want is a tent by the creek overlooking the lake).

And those homes should be visitable by others even if they don't have the expansion.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    idk wrote: »
    Not sure what the point is since what I want is probably different than what you want.

The post isn't about wha

Huh...I didn't even consider the CS promotion for the statue to be related to the housing anniversary. I suppose it could have been, in which case it was pretty lame and I agree I'd rather have seen at least double furniture plan drops or guaranteed furnishing mat drops from nodes or even doubled when they do drop. Or heck, special housing boxes that would drop from doing regular writs, with a chance for furnishing plans based on the crafting type with housing mats being guaranteed drops.

I've given the housing DLC idea more thought, and I'd be willing to pay for it as long as it was no more than the price of Orsinium and didn't take the place of the only story DLC we get each year (outside of the chapter) and would replace one of the dungeon DLCs instead. But, it would be better if it were still available as part of ESO+.

To be worth it to me, this DLC would introduce more houses to purchase with gold throughout Tamriel - preferably in towns/cities that don't already have one (like Shornhelm) and varied in size, so we'd have apartments/small homes to choose from in addition to larger offerings.

Being able to purchase normally CS-exclusive homes with gold would be nice, but I can't see it happening considering that a moderately-priced DLC wouldn't come close to covering the revenue they get from the monstrous homes. But it would still be nice.

I think also adding in Skyrim housing features such as marriage/children, staff, etc. would be welcome. Perhaps even giving us a house building feature. Where there are structural items of varying styles available to us to create our own homes. Then, maybe instead of (but ideally in addition to) new homes that I'd like to see them add, they would have various sizes of land available to purchase where you can build your own home. Sure, we can sort of do that now, but there aren't enough building structures to be able to create a realistic home or homes of varying styles and that don't take up as many slots. Maybe even have the structural pieces scalable, so that you just have to place one wall of whatever size rather than several wall pieces to make the size you want.

These kinds of things would be what I'd want to see in a housing DLC. Not just new furnishing items or NPC furnishings or additional editor functionality akin to linking.

Yes! This is what I want. I was really disappointed when the housing wasn't like Skyrim. I'm pretty sure we were all hoping for that. It would be grand if we could make something other than make furnishings. The garden thing was nice. I would like to be able to grow herbs and vegetables. Fight bandits and adopt children and take a spouse. I really liked that all the containers in Skyrim were usable and that you could put in your house any item you took from around the world and put it in bowls, in vases and baskets, and place your items on bookshelves. You could hang up your clothes in the closets! That's what I want.
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    I love ESO housing but whether I would pay additional...

An essential prerequisite would be an increase on item limit As it is now, I’m not even considering buying the largest estates, regardless of cost, because I know the item limit would prevent me from doing what I like with them. Really, the item limit seems quite arbitrary, given that a simple spoon and a huge tree or animated item count the same and that you can place additional items of certain categories in addition to the regular furnishing limit. I love the spacious Golden Gryphon Garret, St. Delyn’s Penthouse and Sugar Bowl Suite and would much rather pay to have their item limits increased to 100 rather than buy any of the apartments which aren’t to my taste.

I would not buy a housing expansion if it only included additional furnishings and houses as these should continue to be added to the game as they are now or give players even more ways to acquire them, not more restrictions.

For me to feel that an expansion (or whatever term you care to use) would be worth paying extra for was if it added whole additional levels of functionality, like abilities customize crafted items, modifying colors and applying other effects; additional tools for creating/modifying structures and terrain, including water. Additional utility would be great too in such an expansion, such as resource nodes you can place in your home. :)

All good points and I hope **they** are listening and add those things to the shopping list of things to add to housing!
  • DMBCML
    DMBCML
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    JoStoic wrote: »
    I said no because I'm broke. I have to get elsewyr first. And that's not looking likely.

Also, a housing expansion pack should unlock more practical homes in all the dlcs and some of the more busy cities, like craglorn, (honestly, all I want is a tent by the creek overlooking the lake).

And those homes should be visitable by others even if they don't have the expansion.

Yes! Adding those ideas would be great additions to the housing features. I always wanted a big house at the north of Craglorn. You can put up tents in the yard.