Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Light attack is OP

• Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think nb and sorcs should do 50% more dmg as the rest because they are dmg classes :trollface: .

And Dks should start with 10k more hp because they are supposed to be tanky.

Necros should summon huge armies of deaths and should do more dmg than everyone when they got there army up. (good for performance)

Dmg should be multiplied by pi because I like pi. To make it easier to compute for performance we set pi to 3 from now on.

Aoes should scale linear with players hit in PvP --> 2 aoes rip zerg.

And I think medium armor should be renamed to meme armor in the currtent state.

Just too give Op some other hilarious ideas based on emotional feelings, so he can make more funny threads :trollface: .
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why the Forums are a joke
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Imagine making thread after thread over light attacks in ESO in 2019.

Imagine making threads that everything is OP except of Delparis.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Lol? What else do you think is OP? Bull Netch?
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow , I thought it's a meme thread ... I was right ...
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    When you are doing a light attack .9 out of everyone second you are in combat, yeah, it's going to be a lot of damage; that's kind of the point.

It takes some level of skill, and furthermore it's so "OP" on mag because vMA staff buffs it, meanwhile on stam it's not even half of what it is.

It's part of the game, get over it and get better at it... It's not even that hard, and don't say using a controller is too hard because I do .95 lps with a controller.

Doing 9% of the total dps on like stamcro parse. imo it should do 5% of the dps.
    On mag build it should be 7-10% of the total dps with vMA staff. Otherwise 5% like stam builds

Very glad you aren't a dev.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Inig0
    Inig0
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh, honey
    GM: Mechanically Challenged
    In game - @Inig0
    Sorc - Inigo- Beautiful Chocolate Man
    NB - Raphiki - Beautiful Chocolate Man
    Temp - Ineegø - ınıgo
    DK - Inigø - Alfeus - Down for Maintenance
    Warden - Help I Made a Warden
    PC NA
    Youtube Stuffs
    Only the best memes die twice
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭
    TPishek wrote: »
    ixdjp756zqgf.png
    Doesn't even look close to being stronger than a skill to me.

Nerf Combat metrics!!
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not many issues are still in game since beta and still didn't get fixed.
    Maybe the new team will fix that rotten legacy.

Let me explain to you since you have hard time to understand basic thing.
    You LA betwen EACH skill, so you use LA 10 time more than any skill.
    Ofc it's one of the main dmg source in parse result, nothing to do with "OP LA"

If LA is so OP, why don't you just stop using skill and go full LA ? After-all, it's OP right ? Go for it.

Edit : typo.
    Edited by Aznarb on August 14, 2019 2:22PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

If LA is so OP, why don't you just stop using skill and go full LA ? After-all, it's OP right ? Go for it.

look at liko sorc parse

https://youtu.be/BfFSaYPqknQ?t=237

LA is doing +21k on average, that means 21k per hit and per second.
    that's what i mean when i said that LA is OP, it's doing more dmg than it should.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

look at liko sorc parse

that's what i mean when i said that LA is OP, it's doing more dmg than it should.

21k because empower from mage guild passive ( 40% buff ), vMA staff increase, and the weave it basically once per second, butcher is an execute for light and heavy attacks mixed with bloodthirsty, so it's not 21k the entire fight....

Do your research and own testing, don't just look at others parses and then understand every second of the fight you are sending off a light attack, of course it's the most DPS when mag it's buffs light attacks.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

look at liko sorc parse

21k because empower from mage guild passive ( 40% buff ), vMA staff increase, and the weave it basically once per second, butcher is an execute for light and heavy attacks mixed with bloodthirsty, so it's not 21k the entire fight....

Do your research and own testing, don't just look at others parses and then understand every second of the fight you are sending off a light attack, of course it's the most DPS when mag it's buffs light attacks.

I did the math behind to get that 21k average LA dps.

LA is doing 14k dps, so if you add empower (+40% more dmg) and vMA (1k4 dmg) you get those 21k.

14k dmg per sec is still too much compared to skills that does 14k dots over 10 sec.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vmdbhdp0dga7.png

You can't look at just the dps, look at the avg and max hits, how many times it hit, LA is the difference between a skilled person weaving and a person who lacks the skill but can still smash buttons.

Take molten whip for example 81 hits doing 15k dps, 199 light attacks doing 19k
    Look at the avg and max
    Molten whip does DOUBLE the damage, this seems fair in terms of a skill and a weave

Let's use some more math
    15,335 / 19,032 = 0.81 ( molten whip dps percent of light attack dps )
    199 / 81 = 2.46 ( how many light attack hits per molten whip )
    0.81 * 2.46 = 1.99 ( the percent times hit ratio to achieve the effective damage )

Therefore, the AMOUNT molten whip hits for is twice as effective as light attack

The only reason light attacks damage is so "high" is because it's weaved EVERY GCD
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, would the current dps be okay if they were changed to auto attacks between every skill instead of manual light attacks?

Either way, on the one hand, seeing the amount of players in pug groups and overland tearing through content with naught but a barrage of light attacks, I’m rather thankful that they deal as much damage as they do. Certainly raises the floor, even if the ceiling is lifted simultaneously.

On the other, I’ve still not seen any reason why the amount of damage that they contribute is too high other than “because that’s how it is in other games.”
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭

look at liko sorc parse

Didn't watch a video but that's a 97 k parse. Still only 21% of the parse on a skill being done 50% of every attack. Majority of players don't parse nearly that high or weave as well. Looking at your threads I would not be surprised if you didn't play the game, it seems all your knowledge comes from YouTube and others' combat metrics reports, because your arguments lack substance and focus on one value rather than the whole picture.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vmdbhdp0dga7.png

You can't look at just the dps, look at the avg and max hits, how many times it hit, LA is the difference between a skilled person weaving and a person who lacks the skill but can still smash buttons.

Look at the avg and max
    Molten whip does DOUBLE the damage, this seems fair in terms of a skill and a weave

Let's use some more math
    0.81 * 2.46 = 1.99 ( the percent times hit ratio to achieve the effective damage )

Therefore, the AMOUNT molten whip hits for is twice as effective as light attack

The only reason light attacks damage is so "high" is because it's weaved EVERY GCD

do that again and dont light attack at all. Well see if the difference is 20%.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    This whole argument is a logical fallacy

look at liko sorc parse

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itsfatbass wrote: »
    Light attacks used to be meaningless back in the day. A massive patch a couple years ago (can't recall which) made heavy adjustments to light and heavy attacks and how they work/perform. They skyrocketed to the top of most parses and certain very much at the top during actual fights as well. It's just the way ZOS has designed their game and its the way we have to play if we plan to be successful at it.

look at liko sorc parse

You get an insightful.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    vmdbhdp0dga7.png

Look at the avg and max

Let's use some more math

do that again and dont light attack at all. Well see if the difference is 20%.

you can't weave anything else other than bashing but to be fair you can weave light attack skill and bash all in one gcd, point is, you can do light attack/heavy attack + skill + bash, but you can't do more than one of each in one second, aka, gcd, so it doesn't make sense to do that.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast made a guide + test parse with and without LA

https://alcasthq.com/eso-weaving-beginner-guide-animation-canceling/

Capture.png

37k more dps because of LA That's huge !!

So don't tell me now that only magicka get a boost because of vMA staff

Edited by Delparis on August 16, 2019 12:48PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refer to my previous comment
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Capture.png

Still as flawed of an example as in your other "light attacks too stronk" thread. 11k dps is from rele 5 piece, poisons/enchants proc more often, hawk eye passive on bow backbar etc. So no its still not 37k more dps just from LA.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #nerfcombat

If I don't make any attacks, I don't do any damage. Any skill or LA/HA increases that by a bazillion percent!
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you put as much energy as you do whining about light attacks into learning how to weave you would understand how and why it works as well as being comfortable enough to not complain any furthur.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll ask again: OP, would the current dps be okay if they were changed to auto attacks between every skill instead of manual light attacks?

If that would not be okay, for what reason do you believe that light attacks are over performing other than “because they don’t deal this much damage in other games”?
  • TheZachinator
    TheZachinator
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to tell the OP thanks for giving me so much good copypasta.
    PC/NA

Magsorc Immortal Redeemer & Gryphon Heart
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭

Capture.png

Yet another logical fallacy argument..

You cannot use people that are outside of the statistical normal player base range (Alcast/Liko or any of the top 5%) to get accurate data. It's a disingenuous/false argument to just focus on the outliers. You are trying to manipulate the data and emotions of players with your cognitive biases

You need to provide your own parse comparisons if you're going to bring forth this discussion over and over and over and over..
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Capture.png

Nice job taking something completely out of context.

You didn't take into account the actual DPS that Light Attacks contributed (9k if you look at combat metrics and not just make numbers up), the fact that said light attacks were proccing one of the most powerful sets in the game (Perfected Relequen), the fact that there was probably an ult or two thrown in (including the Major Vulnerability debuff), the fact that those light attacks were also proccing enchants, and the fact that Liko probably had trouble doing a parse without light attacking because his muscle memory has been imprinted with a solid rotation using light attacks.

But yeah you're totally right, LA alone contributes 30k dps LUL.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Capture.png

Yet another logical fallacy argument..

You cannot use people that are outside of the statistical normal player base range (Alcast/Liko or any of the top 5%) to get accurate data. It's a disingenuous/false argument to just focus on the outliers. You are trying to manipulate the data and emotions of players with your cognitive biases

You need to provide your own parse comparisons if you're going to bring forth this discussion over and over and over and over..

Then what dps range should we be looking at?There has to be a standard somewhere. Also,gat range of dps do think the 5% hit,out of curiosity.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is funny that it looks like OP is spending more time on making threads like this one and looking for out of context "evidence" in internet then actually on practicing his skill in the game. What is even funnier is that even if ZoS would remove light attack weaving completly OP would still suck with DPS because he doesnt even realise how much more is required to be good DD then just light attack weaving.

Seriously when people complain that ZoS is not listening to the community feedback sometimes it's hard to blame them when so many people in community behaves like OP and floods the forum with such non constructive threads.
    Edited by Juhasow on August 19, 2019 3:19AM