Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flying Blade Gap Closer (LOL)

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this a serious skill change? Im a bit late with it but let me get this straight, you have to activate this skill and then activate it again (free of cost) to actually use the gap closer? LOL. Im sure that magicka sorc won't be streaking half way across Cyrodiil by then. I wouldn't even have noticed this except that someone suggested Stamina Templars dont need a class gap closer because now we have two weapon lines that offer it (never mind that rally is going to be required with the garbage heals and it already provides major brutality). I also cant really think of a worse condition for a gap closer than to have to use two GCDs especially if the person tries to kite at low health and you wanna finish up your burst.

Am I missing something here?
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well you also have to hit the target first before you can gap close.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is their a reason why this ability can’t just be a simple gap closer using the same animations zos created for npc dw users from Vvardenfell onwards?

Why is it a double gcd gapcloser with the same animation as ambush?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    Is their a reason why this ability can’t just be a simple gap closer using the same animations zos created for npc dw users from Vvardenfell onwards?

Well it isn't a double GCD. The problem is waiting for the dagger to land to recast and the animation fall off after gap closing which makes it feel like a GCD. It works best weaved after a buff/ranged ability.

You can Throw Dagger -> 1s GCD -> Hurricane -> Gap close (animation cancelling Hurricane)

It doesn't feel as bad as the first week, but it's still not the best or fluid and I don't really know who will be actually using this. Stampede and Crit Rush just feel much better.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should use the animation from DW factotums and make it a normal gap closer with appropriate dmg and cost and the original function of Maj Brut.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on August 12, 2019 1:28AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »

Well it isn't a double GCD. The problem is waiting for the dagger to land to recast and the animation fall off after gap closing which makes it feel like a GCD. It works best weaved after a buff/ranged ability.

You can Throw Dagger -> 1s GCD -> Hurricane -> Gap close (animation cancelling Hurricane)

It doesn't feel as bad as the first week, but it's still not the best or fluid and I don't really know who will be actually using this. Stampede and Crit Rush just feel much better.

Thats just crazy though, any mobile class will be long gone. My other issue is that it also offers major brutality and stamina will still need to run FM or more likely Rally this patch (if the new dot meta will even be playable for stam) so the redundancy here is a reallllll waste of space.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh please turn my flying daggers into a Gapcloser utility
    Said no one ever
    Better change the name zos
    Absolute nail in my nb coffin
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt understand the change either
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a weird change. I guess the brain trust thought people would love a gap closer with a little less reliability
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least the two morphs are more different than they used to be, each offering unique utility to the weapon line. DW/bow setups have a gap closer now, and a ranged AoE spammable sounds fun - all with major brutality. I used the old Shrouded Daggers to moderate success in Battlegrounds - the bounce range is really really far, and now bounces 3 times. Have fun standing in Stam Necro ults :~p

What if: Flying Blade -> wait on bow bar for buff sets to proc (if applicable) -> jump & the newly buffed Thrive In Chaos (same GCD)
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least the two morphs are more different than they used to be, each offering unique utility to the weapon line. DW/bow setups have a gap closer now, and a ranged AoE spammable sounds fun - all with major brutality. I used the old Shrouded Daggers to moderate success in Battlegrounds - the bounce range is really really far, and now bounces 3 times. Have fun standing in Stam Necro ults :~p

What if: Flying Blade -> wait on bow bar for buff sets to proc (if applicable) -> jump & the newly buffed Thrive In Chaos (same GCD)

You do know that Shrouded Daggers was a better ranged spammable on live right? It's now treated as a utility skill because it interrupts.

Base and Morphs:
    • Increased the cost to 3780 from 2970.
    • Reduced their range to 22 meters from 28 meters.
    • Reduced the damage dealt by approximately 25%.
    • These abilities will now interrupt the target if they were casting an attack.
    • This ability and the Shrouded Daggers morph still grant their Major Brutality instantly with a 20s duration.
    • Shrouded Daggers (morph):
      • This ability no longer deals increased damage per bounce, but can interrupt any target hit.
      • Each hit deals our AoE damage standard. (the base damage of -25% compared to live, does not ramp up in damage on 2nd and 3rd bounce)

On the other hand, Silver Shards is a great Ranged Cleave Instant Spammable Replacement.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on August 12, 2019 9:47AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Is this a serious skill change? Im a bit late with it but let me get this straight, you have to activate this skill and then activate it again (free of cost) to actually use the gap closer? LOL. Im sure that magicka sorc won't be streaking half way across Cyrodiil by then.

It should actually be very good for countering streaking sorcs, because the initial application aside, the skill (as a gap closer) is free to spam.

(also, it is off-GCD)

Edited by Sharee on August 12, 2019 9:50AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad thing tbh. NB lost 2 core class identity skills. Teleport Strike is no longer class unique skill, since every class can use Flying Blade.
    Similar with Aspect of Terror / Mass Hysteria - all classes can use Turn Evil (previusly Turn Undead, now it fears all, not only undead). Basically it is Mass Hysteria, but better and available to every class... like WTF ?!

Next update, if things go the way they are now I expect them to add "Teleportation" skill to mages guild skill line that will basically be a copy of sorc streak skill, but better :hushed:

So next update if a NB will gap close you and fear you... it might not be a NB at all... LOL
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on August 12, 2019 9:57AM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know that Shrouded Daggers was a better ranged spammable on live right? It's now treated as a utility skill because it interrupts.

Base and Morphs:
    • Increased the cost to 3780 from 2970.
    • Reduced their range to 22 meters from 28 meters.
    • Reduced the damage dealt by approximately 25%.
    • These abilities will now interrupt the target if they were casting an attack.
    • This ability and the Shrouded Daggers morph still grant their Major Brutality instantly with a 20s duration.
    • Shrouded Daggers (morph):
      • This ability no longer deals increased damage per bounce, but can interrupt any target hit.
      • Each hit deals our AoE damage standard. (the base damage of -25% compared to live, does not ramp up in damage on 2nd and 3rd bounce)

On the other hand, Silver Shards is a great Ranged Cleave Instant Spammable Replacement.

Yeah forgot the damage nerf was a whole 25% with a hefty cost increase ... If only interrupts were more useful in PvP. Any reason to slot Shrouded Daggers now?

Otherwise, time to whip out the xbow and go noscoping B)
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Is this a serious skill change? Im a bit late with it but let me get this straight, you have to activate this skill and then activate it again (free of cost) to actually use the gap closer? LOL. Im sure that magicka sorc won't be streaking half way across Cyrodiil by then.

It should actually be very good for countering streaking sorcs, because the initial application aside, the skill (as a gap closer) is free to spam.

(also, it is off-GCD)

Still though, if you have to wait for it to land and then reapply a mag sorc should be long gone.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad thing tbh. NB lost 2 core class identity skills. Teleport Strike is no longer class unique skill, since every class can use Flying Blade.
    Similar with Aspect of Terror / Mass Hysteria - all classes can use Turn Evil (previusly Turn Undead, now it fears all, not only undead). Basically it is Mass Hysteria, but better and available to every class... like WTF ?!

Next update, if things go the way they are now I expect them to add "Teleportation" skill to mages guild skill line that will basically be a copy of sorc streak skill, but better :hushed:

So next update if a NB will gap close you and fear you... it might not be a NB at all... LOL

Oh gee hmm now if only they had some sort of unique ability to teleport to some sort of summon and maybe cloak at will to create a unique and fun gameplay unmatched by any other class
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(also, it is off-GCD)

Still though, if you have to wait for it to land and then reapply a mag sorc should be long gone.

I don't think every sorc will start fleeing as soon as he gets hit by first flying blade.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(also, it is off-GCD)

I don't think every sorc will start fleeing as soon as he gets hit by first flying blade.

True, although just for kicks I chased this mag sorc the other day. Dude ran from Ales to Bleaks and back again before I finally got bored.