Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My compliments to the Queen's Eye Spymaster costume

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
  • Looks good on both women and men--flattering silhouette, nice emphasis on hips (women) and shoulders (men)
  • Nice textures, understated designs, embossed leather is handsome
  • Fashionable and functional--looks like something someone would actually wear
  • No groin or butt flaps! No pauldrons or tassets! No dinner plates on the hips!
  • Nice modeling on the boots (no boat feet, boots actually have soles, slightly raised heel)
  • Dyes well
  • Cowl neck is very cute
  • A nice coat
  • Optional kitty ear hood
  • Unintended bonus: feather motifs embossed in the leather match the Indrik mounts nicely
More like this, please! This is the first costume I've purchased in years.
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you get this costume you describe? I just checked the Crown Store again and didn’t see anything like this.
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Where did you get this costume you describe? I just checked the Crown Store again and didn’t see anything like this.

It's in the current Crates season.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Unintended bonus: feather motifs embossed in the leather match the Indrik mounts nicely

It also matches the Welkynar motif quite well, since those feature feathers heavily. The bow in particular, for example:

6tpzeb.png
    15xtqqa.png
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a gorgeous combination! I didn't realize how beautiful the Welkynar bow is. I need to get that motif.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a gorgeous combination! I didn't realize how beautiful the Welkynar bow is. I need to get that motif.

Yeah, I was messing around at a dye station one day and was pleasantly surprised. Some of the other parts of the motif are pretty gaudy, because Altmer, but this was a perfect fit for my sneaky Bosmer Eye of the Queen.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, I was messing around at a dye station one day and was pleasantly surprised. Some of the other parts of the motif are pretty gaudy, because Altmer, but this was a perfect fit for my sneaky Bosmer Eye of the Queen.

Hahahahahaha, yeah, exactly. :D That's why I don't have it yet! Thanks for sharing!

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bosmer aren't sneaky anymore.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »

Ahh, thank you for clarifying. Too bad! I would buy it directly if it were available. Hopefully it will be sometime.

I refuse to buy Crown crates NOT because of any objection to RNG but because I can’t sell (or even get gems for) collection unlocks I don’t want. When I played SWTOR I often bought their crate-equivalent because if I didn’t get what I wanted (as is likely) there was a good chance I’d get something else I could sell to other players and then buy what I wanted off the trading post.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »

Ahh, thank you for clarifying. Too bad! I would buy it directly if it were available. Hopefully it will be sometime.

I refuse to buy Crown crates NOT because of any objection to RNG but because I can’t sell (or even get gems for) collection unlocks I don’t want. When I played SWTOR I often bought their crate-equivalent because if I didn’t get what I wanted (as is likely) there was a good chance I’d get something else I could sell to other players and then buy what I wanted off the trading post.

Yeah, that is a big disadvantage of the crown crates. I do wish I could offload some of the collectibles I don't want--sell them, trade them, even just gift them. Knowing that someone else is enjoying the item wouldn't make it feel like a waste and shame to me. Fortunately, re: the costume, I had lots of gems, so I was able to just snag it. I'd have much rather seen it as a direct purchase, though, and I hope more costumes of this quality are released that way in the future.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bosmer aren't sneaky anymore.

Not innately, no, but mine certainly is.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    I tried this out yesterday at the outfit station. Does indeed dye well and looks polished. I like the filigree effect on the back of the coat. But I started to overheat just watching my toon run around. Had to put her back in a gown. A lot of fire in Elsweyr these days.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed it works so well and not just for khajiits (though this one knows they look the best in it)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I'm a fan of it.

It's pretty unflattering on my Bosmer. :/
  • Noktpapilio
    Noktpapilio
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Can't say I'm a fan of it.

It's pretty unflattering on my Bosmer. :/

I really like the costume itself, but it wasn't happening for my bosmer either, so I ended up passing on this one.
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭

It was on the Crown store for direct purchase around the time Elswehr came out.
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living_Ded wrote: »

It was on the Crown store for direct purchase around the time Elswehr came out.

Good to know! Alas, I only started playing within the last two months and missed it, but hopefully it will make a return in the future! :)