Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Set Z'en's Regress

Ollowaiin2
Ollowaiin2
✭✭✭
Z’en’s Redress
LEVEL 50 - CP 160
Type Dungeon
Set bonus
(2 items) 129 Magicka Recovery
(3 items) 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) 1096 Maximum Magicka
(5 items) Your Light Attacks apply the Eye of Z’en on enemies for 20 seconds. Enemies with the Eye of Z’en take an additional 2% more damage for each damage over time effect you’ve placed on them, up to 10%.

It seems like there will be a new powerfull magicka set out there? Has any1 friendly player tested stuff?

What are the strengths/weaknesses of this set? Is it viable in a trial group? How does it work exactly? Does it stack? Anything else worth mentioning?

Is it working with ground dots in an AOE Situation?

Edited by Ollowaiin2 on August 8, 2019 11:23AM
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has already been nerfed, before it even made it to live.

Z’en’s Redress: Reduced the bonus damage taken per Damage over Time stack of this set to 1%, down from 2%. The max stacks remain at 5.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Z’en’s Redress: Reduced the bonus damage taken per Damage over Time stack of this set to 1%, down from 2%. The max stacks remain at 5.

it's still worth using, especially on classes without execute-ability (DK, necro, warden).
    After testing on PTS i'd say the nerf was justified...10% was just too much, the debuff is easy to keep up and you don't loose that much (in ST-fights) while using it...
    Noobplar
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it just shows the incompetence of the dev team if you need to nerf a set 50% before it even releases - justified or not - youre just bad at your job OR they are doing it deliberate to create buzz for the new dungeons because they know 80% of people wont notice the pts changes before release...

i mean its kinda bethesdas mo - they also started to wait with microtransactions on certain things until after all the reviews of games are in so it has no effect - its simply unbelievably sleezy tactis
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on August 8, 2019 11:00AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On classes like magDK, which naturaly use a lot of place-on-target dots, it's absolutely perfect. You don't have to change your rotation or skills, you just put the set and every player in your group will be doing 5% more damage (it's something like 4,6% when minor vulnerability takes place). Your dps will be somewhat lower, but group dps will go up.

To your questions:
    Is it viable in a trial? - Absolutely! Provided you are part of a regular trial group and not some 8 stamina necro excrement group.
    How does it work exactly? - You light attack an enemy and it will place a green looking debuff on them. While they have the debuff on them, any dot you place on target will increase damage taken by 1% to a cap of 5%. Only dots that appear in target's debuff list count (such as Entropy, Burning Embers etc.). Ground AoE Dots like Elemental Blockade or Liquid lightning do not count. Engulfing Flames and Reflective light do count, it's a dot that appears in targets debuff list after all, despite the fact that both abilities are multitarget.
    Does it stack? - No. When you log on PTS, there is a clausule in 5pc set description that specificaly states that if multiple players put Zen debuff on an enemy, only one will be working and increasing group dps.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on August 8, 2019 11:42AM
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    Is it working on mag nb/ with ground dots?
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ollowaiin2 wrote: »
    Is it working on mag nb/ with ground dots?

Edited my previous post. I've answered your questions there.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should work on all damage over time. Just too lame 5% in any endgame content. Trials perhaps, but there are better sets. One more carbage set what i see. They should really overhaul more than 50% of underperforming sets on live too. Light attack spamming is pretty lamo.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    It should work on all damage over time. Just too lame 5% in any endgame content. Trials perhaps, but there are better sets. One more carbage set what i see. They should really overhaul more than 50% of underperforming sets on live too. Light attack spamming is pretty lamo.

This set is great in a raidgroup....it's also possible to use this set on all classe, because there are enough DoTs in weapon/world/guild-skillines for everyone available ^^
    Noobplar
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

it's still worth using, especially on classes without execute-ability (DK, necro, warden).
    After testing on PTS i'd say the nerf was justified...10% was just too much, the debuff is easy to keep up and you don't loose that much (in ST-fights) while using it...

Martial Knowledge gives 8% extra damage and it requires just keeping stamina below 50%... With new fighters guild circle its extremely easy task.
  • Ollowaiin2
    Ollowaiin2
    ✭✭✭
    Z'en + Martial Knowledge Buff-Blade?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

Martial Knowledge gives 8% extra damage and it requires just keeping stamina below 50%... With new fighters guild circle its extremely easy task.

martial knowledge is 5% with 66% uptime iirc. You don't even need fighters guild for that. Just bash-cancel your skills for extra-dps and less stamina....
    On top of that: Why only use one, if you can have both? :smirk:
    Noobplar
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

martial knowledge is 5% with 66% uptime iirc. You don't even need fighters guild for that. Just bash-cancel your skills for extra-dps and less stamina....
    On top of that: Why only use one, if you can have both? :smirk:

Keeping your stamina just below 50% is very tedious task that can cost you your life. It is good to have this set when the fight is about burst window opportunities, but other than that... I find keeping decent uptime of MK too dangerous. Wouldnt wear it as MT, maybe as OT in fights where I have nothing much to do.

Zen is good - easy to use and not restricting at all. It is the flagship of new sets.

I hope they dont nerf it even more.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

useless now:D.... They are too scared somethings to have little more power...:)
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheHsN wrote: »

useless now:D.... They are too scared somethings to have little more power...:)

As i Said, far away from useless in trials. But feel free to Not use it. 😏
    Noobplar
  • angiefaerie
    angiefaerie
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so lemme get this straight- reading the patch notes and reading above I'm to take away the following: Only one person can wear this set in a trial setup, and yet the bonus to damage is only affected by the dots placed by the wearer? "for each damage over time effect you've placed on them' Because to limit it to one person but then only one person can get the buff is kindof odd. Most other sets that work best only worn by one person have group buff/effects.
    so my next question - different dots have different effect names- burning, chilled, etc.... Am I being too literal by reading that its not the dot *skill* that theyre counting, but the dot *name*?
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    Sticky Dots
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a lot of confusion in this thread, so to be clear:

1. Does this set buff everybody's damage, or just the caster's? (If everybody, then it sounds very strong in a raid and pretty decent even in a group of 4. If just the caster, then it's likely weak.)

2. Does the bonus damage stack with other damage modifiers in the usual additive way? (If so, the true damage increase provided would likely be in the 3 to 3 1/2% range. If not, why is this set an exception to the general rule?)
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford It buffs everybody’s damage against the one enemy affected. Z’en’s is a “damage taken” debuff on an enemy, not a “damage done” buff on the group. So I believe it is additive only with Major and Minor Vulnerability, Martial Knowledge, and possibly things like Engulfing Flames or Morag Tong. In a group full of Necromancers the tooltip “5%” should result in about 4%. Without Necromancers it’s about 4.5%.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the minor buffs is magicka recovery, if it was spell crit and if the buff gave 10-20% on dots it might be viable for endgame

In PvP dots are stupid and 5% isn't going to make an impact either way.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the minor buffs is magicka recovery, if it was spell crit and if the buff gave 10-20% on dots it might be viable for endgame

In PvP dots are stupid and 5% isn't going to make an impact either way.

That being said if a healer were to wear it to buff dps... I think it might be decent.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.