Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Switching to healing at 50: Best way to level skills?

jcf190b14_ESO
jcf190b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi folks. I'm a long time player and competent healer, but this will be my first character who's "switching gears" at max level. What's the best way to switch roles and level skills once you get to max level. In this case, I'm a necromancer dps caster looking to go healing. I've leveled restoration and my healing tree a bit while general leveling, but I'll definitely need some work at max level.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An awkward time I think. I'd do preps now but not really transition until after the incoming nerfpatch hits and settles in some. My main is a healer and I'm scratching my head over her path ahead after this patch.

In the meantime, sounds like you are on the right track. Get Resto, Necrohealing and Orbs up to morph ready. Try to decide what gear you want to run and start gathering it. Decide weapons, weapon traits and enchantment. Don't forget to review your mundus stone and CP allocation as well. Sorry rather vague but it depends on the type of healing you want to do (my healer is a magplar and kind of set up for pugs instead of organized groups or trials). Also I confess knowing nothing of necromancers.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on August 11, 2019 11:10AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you switch gear the best tips is to play as normal first but swap to new gear before deliver quests.
    The crafting writs works exelent here.
    You could also just heal at wrothguard world boss quests, this might be best at odd hours then its not so many players boss get burned in seconds so no healing is needed,
    XP bonus scrolls and potions help.

Then do some dungeons, healing will change a lot next update but leveling up the resto staf and relevant other skills is always nice.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jcf190b14_ESO
    jcf190b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Gotcha. Thanks all. I didn't realize there were significant changes coming in the next patch. I do keep an eye on Alcast and Dotzz gaming for build ideas and such. I'll more than likely start leveling some skills and restoration staff up a bit.

PS Since they are changing a lot of abilities, will we get a free skill reset with the next update?
    Edited by jcf190b14_ESO on August 11, 2019 2:29PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha. Thanks all. I didn't realize there were significant changes coming in the next patch. I do keep an eye on Alcast and Dotzz gaming for build ideas and such. I'll more than likely start leveling some skills and restoration staff up a bit.

PS Since they are changing a lot of abilities, will we get a free skill reset with the next update?

I've advocated for that, @jcf190b14_ESO ... see below.

It's all in ZOS's hands to make it happen. ;)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/487189/free-skill-respec-would-be-appreciated-for-update-23#latest
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The best time for such a project is of course during a double XP event. Whenever you do it, you might want to use the best XP boost scrolls or drinks you can afford.

The simplest way to power-level skill or equipment lines is via doing a lot of easy quests, and easiest quests to do in bulk are master writs. Unfortunately, over the past few weeks people on PC/NA have finally figured this out, and the prices of alchemy and enchanting master writs have gone through the roof. (Well, it's not totally unfortunate. I've sold a lot at good prices. :D)

Other sources of easy quests:
    • Covetous Countess, if you have Thieves Guild rank.
    • Crow quests in Clockwork City, if you're far enough along in the main quest line.
    • Daily crafting writs; I think they give 1/10 the XP of other quests, are really fast to do, and are available to the tune of 7 per day.
    • Whichever daily quests you find easy and enjoyable to do and to turn in with a skill bar and gear set full of things to level. (That last clause is in there because if you try to change your loadout before quest turn-in in Fort Bruma, you risk a ganking.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on August 11, 2019 4:55PM