Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamcro Pay-to-Win absurdity should NOT continue another patch

Gnortranermara
Gnortranermara
✭✭✭✭✭
This game has become Elder Stamcros Online. Enough is enough. Necro is overperforming so much that it is affecting class diversity in trials. Top PVE DPS, Major Vulnerability, Rez ulti... These capabilities make Necro too good, an obvious Pay-to-Win class that should not exist in this game.
ZOS_KNowak wrote: »
We’ll be keeping a close eye on how the Necromancer performs as you level them up and learn how to use their abilities. Here are just some of the issues that we’ll be closely monitoring after Elsewyr launches:
  • Necromancer performance for Magicka and Stamina builds, as well as for Tanking, Healing, or Damage Dealing.
(https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/474456/necromancer-pts-wrapup)

Your monitoring should show that people who play other classes are losing their competitive standing because of this imbalanced Pay-to-Win class. Maybe that's acceptable for ONE patch, for the 3 months or so after release, but it really needs to be brought in line before Scalebreaker launches. For people who play other classes, 3 more months of Necro dominance will destroy any incentive to pick up this game.

Major Vulnerability and Rez ulti are the two largest culprits. I'm not saying nerf them, but ALL OTHER CLASSES need to be given something to keep up and remain competitive. Players are already leaving the game in droves due to the crappiest server performance ever. 3 more months of Pay-to-Win Stamcro dominance is just another reason to leave. This patch shouldn't go live without some effort to close the gap here.
Edited by Gnortranermara on August 11, 2019 12:04AM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave my PVP stamcro major vulnerability alone.
    I dont give a **** about trials.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ressurection ulti has been already nerfed once during Elsweyr pts. It is very expensive skill that is purely situational.
    Major Vuln will get something in future I think. There is too many tears on forums :wink:
    Edited by satanio on August 10, 2019 6:09PM
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh. There should be some reward for coordination. Giving major vuln a small cooldown like off balance would be sufficient IMO. Nerf the uptime to 60% or so instead of 100%

Im more annoyed with the insane grind required for perfected loki and how much power creep it introduced.
    Edited by iCaliban on August 10, 2019 5:26PM
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In case you haven't noticed, every paid expansion brings an utterly overpowered class and one or more utterly overpowered sets.

They entice people buying their stuff like that.

Don't worry, Stamcros will be truly nerfed before next expansion, to let the new stuff take over and entice you to buy it.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has become Elder Stamcros Online. Enough is enough. Necro is overperforming so much that it is affecting class diversity in trials. Top PVE DPS, Major Vulnerability, Rez ulti... These capabilities make Necro too good, an obvious and blatant Pay-to-Win class that should not exist in this game.
    ZOS_KNowak wrote: »
    We’ll be keeping a close eye on how the Necromancer performs as you level them up and learn how to use their abilities. Here are just some of the issues that we’ll be closely monitoring after Elsewyr launches:
    • Necromancer performance for Magicka and Stamina builds, as well as for Tanking, Healing, or Damage Dealing.
    (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/474456/necromancer-pts-wrapup)

Well, if you've been "monitoring" anything you'd know that people who play other classes are losing their competitive standing because you put an imbalanced Pay-to-Win class in the game. Maybe that's acceptable for ONE patch, for the 3 months or so after release, but no more! It needs to be brought in line NOW before Scalebreaker launches. 3 more months of Necro dominance will destroy any incentive to pick up this game for players of other classes.

Major Vulnerability and Rez ulti are the two largest culprits. I'm not saying nerf them, but ALL OTHER CLASSES need to be given something to keep up and remain competitive. Players are already leaving the game in droves due to the crappiest server performance ever. 3 more months of Pay-to-Win Stamcro dominance is just another reason to leave. Don't let this go live.

Lol 3 months is too long? Stamblades were meta from CWC to Elsweyr, that's 1.5 years. 3 months is rookie numbers:)
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol 3 months is too long? Stamblades were meta from CWC to Elsweyr, that's 1.5 years. 3 months is rookie numbers:)

I'm not just talking about a class being meta. These are insanely OP abilities compared to anything any other class has. They can stay top DPS meta class for all I care, but it's sort of crazy for them to also have the two greatest utility ultimates ever put in the game. All I'm saying is the other classes need some attention to bring their ulti's up to this new standard, otherwise endgame trials are going to stay really boring with 1 class to rule them all.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until they get their money's worth out of everyone chasing the new meta.. then the old bait and switch, see Warden.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pve strong.
    PvP only strong if your a bash goliath build. A "normal" PvP build with necro (mag or stam) right now are arguably THE worst PvP classes at the moment.
    There is a reason when it came out you only saw necros for the first week after they got leveled, then everyone went back to their old classes
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not just talking about a class being meta. These are insanely OP abilities compared to anything any other class has. They can stay top DPS meta class for all I care, but it's sort of crazy for them to also have the two greatest utility ultimates ever put in the game. All I'm saying is the other classes need some attention to bring their ulti's up to this new standard, otherwise endgame trials are going to stay really boring with 1 class to rule them all.

You understand that even if necros, tomorrow, lost major vulnerability that them being the highest dps would make them the go to dps spec anyway in endgame PvE yes?

I'm not sure if you want what you think you want, or have class envy here.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

You understand that even if necros, tomorrow, lost major vulnerability that them being the highest dps would make them the go to dps spec anyway in endgame PvE yes?

If Necros lost Major Vuln they wouldnt be top dps
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If Necros lost Major Vuln they wouldnt be top dps

Doesn't vuln give the entire raid the buff? How would their numbers fall if the atro only did damage?
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if anything from your comment even applies to what I said. I want them to keep Major Vuln, and I don't care if they stay top DPS. I'm just saying the Pay-to-Win went too far and the other classes need to be brought up to par with some enhancements to their group utility. There should be a reason to bring a diverse assortment of classes to trials, rather than just stacking 6-10 guys running the same OP build. The imbalance is pretty severe and its not good for the health of the game when balance decisions are tainted by profit motive.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if anything from your comment even applies to what I said. I want them to keep Major Vuln, and I don't care if they stay top DPS. I'm just saying the Pay-to-Win went too far and the other classes need to be brought up to par with some enhancements to their group utility. There should be a reason to bring a diverse assortment of classes to trials, rather than just stacking 6-10 guys running the same OP build. The imbalance is pretty severe and its not good for the health of the game when balance decisions are tainted by profit motive.

Yeah, I have no idea what you're asking for. You recognize that major vuln and highest PvE dps both belong exclusively to necro. Okay. You say that people only choosing necro is bad for the health of the game. Good, so far we agree. You think something needs to be added to other classes?

Like what?
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

leave my PvE earthgore alone. I don't give a **** about pvp.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vote with your subs when have they ever cared about new being OP? They know it’s OP they want you to buy the OP class to cash in before the nerf.

Just like every year they sell the last expansion at a discounted price right before it becomes part of the base game.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe it's cause I don't play a lot anymore or cause I mostly PvP but I honestly don't see how Necros are OP. When they hit live they were pretty disappointing and even in Scalebreaker they will remain fairly disappointing. Heck, I bought Elsweyr but didn't even roll a necro until maybe a few weeks ago. I mean the ult hits hard when it lands but in PvP that does not happen too often, you can just easily avoid it. I guess for PvE that'd be different. I guess this is another example of PvE vs PvP being so different.

I do fail to see how Necro is pay to win honestly, that's just me tho. You can do 100% of the content w/o being a necro or needing one. Maybe super elite guilds drooling over #1 need meta, idk.
  • chongguang
    chongguang
    ✭✭✭
    I think the new team really has the result of market research which shows PVE players are more than PVPers. So they make nercros to be a PVE meta but careless designed PVP aspect, I mean balance...
    Like many said, Stam Necros without Maj Vul will be at the same level as other DPS classes, like poison Drogon, NB , Stamina Sorcs and so on.
    However the unique Maj Vul providing make the situation totally to be another story. It is the one we see this patch and will continue in the next one.
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭

it's not just about you ...
    the ult can change to give major berserk , 20% damage only for you they can increase the duration for compensation of that 10% , but 30 % for everyone is too much . 2 Colossus at the same time can kill 90 % of a zerg without even considering 30% more damage on all dots and damages for 5 secs , so don't tell me necro should be left untouched .
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is that the hardest achievement in Sunspire (Godslayer) requires multiple necromancer(stamina) to accomplish, which is a horrible design. ZOS needs to increase the speedrun in vSS to 40 minutes.

vMoL and vHoF speedrun are both 40 minutes, so it only makes sense for vSS to be 40 minutes too. That way it would allow a bit more "freedom" of what you can bring.

Main issue with necromancer is the access to major vulnerability. ZOS needs to straight up remove that debuff completely or only let it apply for the caster.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Eh. There should be some reward for coordination.

This irks me. I totally agree with you but the devs went a long way to *** „coordination“ over. I remember the time when some stam sets gave unnamed penetration instead of standard debuffs so raids had a reward for some Build coordination etc. But ZOS decided to erase this behavior. And now they come up with the most op debuff on their current pay gated class? With no cooldown just after they put one on off balance? Zeni isn‘t rewarding coordination, they‘re rewarding you for putting money on the table. This class will get gutted and left in shambles as soon as a new cash cow gets released. Ask any warden main about that.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on August 11, 2019 8:52AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First they HAVE TO fix the class. Blastbones still Jack's up and us unusable, syphon still turns you around wasting a gcd..
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See I’d like to agree with you. But before the chapter the last 1.5 years was nothing but stam and magblades. F that crap. I’m glad it’s something new for once. So sick of the stupid ass nightblade meta and so happy it’s gone.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Problem is that the hardest achievement in Sunspire (Godslayer) requires multiple necromancer(stamina) to accomplish, which is a horrible design. ZOS needs to increase the speedrun in vSS to 40 minutes.

vMoL and vHoF speedrun are both 40 minutes, so it only makes sense for vSS to be 40 minutes too. That way it would allow a bit more "freedom" of what you can bring.

Main issue with necromancer is the access to major vulnerability. ZOS needs to straight up remove that debuff completely or only let it apply for the caster.

If you look at the leaderboard for vSS (the current weekly on PC-NA):
    • Top Score: 8 necros, a dk, a templar, a warden, and a nightblade
    • 2nd: 8 necros, a dk, a templar, a warden, and a nightblade

This is fairly representative for at the least top 5 runs on PC NA right now, if not farther down (it gets hard to tell with the missing info due to the leaderboard bug). I'm not calling for nerfs to the point of necro not being viable, and I like the classes to have their own strengths to bring to the table (rather than the homogenization that we seem to be getting this patch) but no class should be so overpowered that it's making up the bulk of trial groups like this.

Note: This is also not a slight against those who are in these top spots. Regardless of their class, they're obviously very skilled players and would still take top scores.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told I could join a group only if I had a necro, because they were going for all-stamcro DDs... This was on EU server where I sadly don't have one levelled yet, and although I understand having a configuration like that for score pushing, I still think it's an overkill for just for a vet progression group. Because it's a really strong spec, the new trend is basically having the class and its major vuln perk carry through the content, but this is not something new: DPS has always been the deus ex machina with difficult fights and mechanics, and I've talked about this being a problem for many reasons before. At least, this is only relevant for top-tier end-game, and even there, players who know what they're doing can pull great numbers without having a necro. However, I wouldn't consider it pay-to-win, you still have to level the character and learn to play it, and in the same vein, then you'd have to say that for example vMA weapons are pay-to-win, since they are also locked behind a DLC, but you still have to clear the content in order to get them. They have to make expansions worth getting, and just adding story content, won't make them attractive enough, thus we get new gear, classes, etc., alongside.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's going to be even worse bro. Detonating Siphon is being fixed and as of Scalebreaker it will work on bosses in Sunspire, meaning even higher dps of stamina necro.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it really a surprise that a paid class is over performing? I mean we literally had the same thing with Wardens years back and they are still one of the strongest setups you can run in PVP.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have no idea what you're asking for. You recognize that major vuln and highest PvE dps both belong exclusively to necro. Okay. You say that people only choosing necro is bad for the health of the game. Good, so far we agree. You think something needs to be added to other classes?

Like what?

Just some off-the-cuff ideas:

Compare Sorc Atro to Necro Atro. 8 sec of Major Berserk (25%) on 1 player vs 3 second of Major Vuln (30%) on target benefiting all players. That means that in a trial with 8 DPS, Necro atro is providing over 3.5 times more DPS power to the group than the Sorc atro. So Sorc atro should receive a major buff to the synergy duration to bring it up to par. Since it's single target, even a full 28 seconds of Major Berserk would still fall short of Necro ulti, but close enough to give Sorcs a fair shot at competing. (Or adjust the value of Major Berserk and give it to the whole group.)

Templar healing ulti is one of the least utilized skills in the game because being rooted while channeling a heal is kind of self defeating in most content where you need to move around. Adding an instant-cast morph option with some sort of rez function would reduce the pressure to stack a ton of Necro DPS in the group since the healers could handle some of the rezzing.

DK sorely needs improvements to PvE DPS ulti. Standard of Might could be a good target to rework for PvE. If the buff applied to allies in the circle, it could be brought down to 4-5% (from 12%) and would be a solid group buff.

NB has always been weak on group utility, trading it for raw DPS. That's why it wasn't a big deal when stamblade was meta for years. But at least they didn't also have the best group utility! There was still a reason to bring other builds into content. A good target for improving them would be making the synergy on Soul Shred usable by multiple group members (like the new Orbs).

Like I said, I don't care that Necro has the highest DPS, or that they have strong group utility, but other classes need improvements to their utility to increase diversity in endgame PvE. Otherwise it's going to continue being a boring Necro-dominated game.

Here's the proof:
    heaven13 wrote: »

Marketing the new toy is one thing, but making it soooo good that everything else is obsolete really undermines the game.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ebix_ wrote: »

it's not just about you ...
    the ult can change to give major berserk , 20% damage only for you they can increase the duration for compensation of that 10% , but 30 % for everyone is too much . 2 Colossus at the same time can kill 90 % of a zerg without even considering 30% more damage on all dots and damages for 5 secs , so don't tell me necro should be left untouched .

While I do agree about the ults I also must mention that let's say that Sunspire didn't exist or was worked so Necros weren't "required". I bet not many would even bother with the class even with maj vulnerability on the ult. In PvP it's extremely avoidable, I don't think it's ever killed me in Cyro or BGs yet. As for PvE, well that's just the players at the top of the leaderboards jumping on a favorable mechanic, it has nothing to do with Necros themselves. You take them out of it and how many Necro players are left? Probably not a lot.

So I question: can a class be pay-to-win if it's the Trial itself that makes the class desirable? The top of the leaderboard will ALWAYS jump on the thing that will get them top scores (and you know what, they should be able to do that). If it's not necro then it'll be another thing. I don't think the leaderboard chasers should dictate what happens to a class and neither should the scrubs/whiners of the game either. We all have a voice.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS did not gave a **** about my solo PvE (overland, n-dungeons and nMA & vMA) when they nerfed WW. Just saying...
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

This is fairly representative for at the least top 5 runs on PC NA right now, if not farther down (it gets hard to tell with the missing info due to the leaderboard bug). I'm not calling for nerfs to the point of necro not being viable, and I like the classes to have their own strengths to bring to the table (rather than the homogenization that we seem to be getting this patch) but no class should be so overpowered that it's making up the bulk of trial groups like this.

Note: This is also not a slight against those who are in these top spots. Regardless of their class, they're obviously very skilled players and would still take top scores.

But that's pretty much the only trial (on PC-NA) where it's overpopulated by Necros. Hel-ra, AA, SO don't have many. DSA, BRP, AS, CR have almost none. HoF seems like a normalish spread of all classes and MoL have a good amount in the top but then almost none after. Hell AS and CR seem to be dominated by Templars. That doesn't scream OP or pay to win to me. Just seems like skilled players using necros to complete Sunspire, maybe Sunspire should be adjusted not necros.

So yeah, completely horrible design but Sunspire is the only place it comes up really. Change Sunspire and you'll see Necro usage drop, even if they didn't change the debuff.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on August 11, 2019 4:14PM