Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone have a clue on amount of AP and time it takes to get to level 50 alliance PvP rank

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In BGs its reasonable to make 40k an hour even for a casual player on a crappy team. If you did 4 hours worth of battlegrounds a week it would take you a bit over 7.5 years.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord that is depressing. I need about 30m AP for the dye I want, but I play solo... And not even an NB/warden/sorc... It'd take months of nolifing it.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Devil_Keyz
    Devil_Keyz
    ✭✭✭
    Damn I’m only at alliance rank 24 lmfao imma give up once I hit 30 😂😂 I didn’t realize i was going to have to grind for years lol already been playing for 8 months on Xbox
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    obscure7 wrote: »
    I made this a year ago just to convince myself to give up on the AP grind. Enjoy!

hK1DUFb.png

how is 500k ap per hour even theoretically possible???????
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get around a million AP a week, I started playing with summerset and am PvP tank 40. It takes a long time.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alliance rank 41 is only the half you know.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've PvP'ed virtually every day for 18 months since I started to PvP.

I just reached Grand Overlord (level 49) on my main, Stam DK. To get to level 50 it says something like another 3,8 million AP.

It was too boring to play just my Stam DK main, so I also have a stam warden (AR 40), a stam NB (AR 24) , and a stam Necro (AR 18).

It would probably take just as long to get my warden from 40 to 50 as it did to get to level 40.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not that hard to get anymore, Zos basically started handing out ap for doing nothing. Missed when ranks could give an idea of how experienced someone was but now a 5 star can play like they just stepped into Cyrodiil a month ago.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on August 11, 2019 8:58PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's good that AP grind has been reduced. People get to enjoy the scroll furnitures, let them!
    The people to remember in your campaign... Well, you'll know their names. And when you do, you're not surprised by their caoabilities on a low-rank alt.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earning PVP is more a question of dedication to a character than anything else. Having friends to hang out with along the way makes it easier too.

I actually have videos documenting the beginning of my pvp career on my templar to the point I reached GO (and beyond of course).

The first video is from January 14th, 2016 when I was making a troll video trying to convince people that the guild all played in first person and used an addon to show a helmet silhouette on the screen. (To be fair, I did in fact play in first person at the time -- sans helmet addon -- but none of the rest of the guild did) This was at veteran rank 4

The later video is from June 25th, 2018.

Overall, that's about 2.5 years playing. I was somewhat dedicated to this character during that time but I played multiple others now and again as well. A good guess would be 3-4 hours per session, 4-5 days per week, at about 50-75k AP/hr.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    playing "normally" my dk, it took to me 2years to reach grand overlord. But i know if i only played this char and not my 155746548545458678 rerolls, it would have been faster, maybe some months. I mean, it's not hard to get millions AP if you play everyday. Of course, you need some knowledges about pvp and the AP gain system / tics.

But it mainly depends how much you play in cyrodiil.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did increase ap gained from how the game launched but it's still 64 million ap to ar 50 casual player won't hit alliance rank 50 for easily over a year and they would still need to play everyday
    Edited by J18696 on August 12, 2019 7:56PM
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did that grind when i moved to console on its release. I have no desire to do it again having recently moved back to PC this past year.

Its a badge of displaying time spent mostly in cyrodill and amounts to very little outside of ones tolerance for low stakes pvp nonsense and RPing as cyrodil carpenter / stone mason repair man.

They can have the dye and title.
    Edited by exeeter702 on August 12, 2019 8:42PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does not only depend on the amount of time you invest and your level of experience of the game mechanics. It also depends on the class you play and the playstyle you adopt.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    My first character starting at launch, after about a year of completing PVE game took almost 2 years of daily pvp to hit it. My 2nd GO my Warden took a bit less time, having learned the tricks like timed oil dumps, ult dumps, zerg mentality. Once I learned the flow of the borg\zergmind it was a lot more fun.
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50