The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC NA CONSTANT CRASHING

GhostofDatthaw
GhostofDatthaw
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone.

I'm not going to get into the whole this performance issue, just one specific issue that has started happening to me last couple days.

Ok so it started like two days ago. I'm in cyrodil and gapclose into a crash... Strange but nothing out of the ordinary, I remember when crit rish would make you fall through the map... Anyway. I log back in tell my buddies my fate, then crash again. I work from home and had some down time but figured I better get back to it so I didn't log back in.

Now yesterday I logged in to craft somemore pots. In the time it took me to buy 1 stack on mats, change zones, and craft a stack of pots I crashed mebe 4 times.

Now this morning I log in to go check out some PvP. I'm on for 3 minutes and I crash...

WTF is going on here? Is this a me thing or are other people experience this as well?

Edit. now I can't even make it past character screen, ggnore I guess
Edited by GhostofDatthaw on August 10, 2019 12:09PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try running the repair file function from the launcher, if you're no longer able to log in then it may be that some files got corrupted with the previous crashes.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try not logging in.
    Haven't heard anyone say that they crashed whilst being logged out.

• bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a you thing.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update. repair in launcher didn't work
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulty Ram

Create a Memtest USB stick boot the computer from it and test your RAM. You must run it for 24 straight hours to properly test every tiny bit of your ram.

If you get any errors at all that means you have bad RAM.

https://www.memtest86.com/

If you have to replace ram remember you have to replace them with matching pairs and ones listed on your motherboard compatibility list.

FYI Fengrush gap closing into load screens and crashing ended up being caused by a faulty RAM stuck that he RMA under warranty, replaced it and the issue was resolved.

ESO is very sensitive to ram I have found.
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on August 10, 2019 5:12PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had this issue last week. I tried repairing and it didn’t work. I uninstalled when I went to sleep and reinstalled and that fixed it.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hav2 2 guildies with the same issue since the last update. Told em to repair and havnt heard back from em but it could just be failed patching
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i hav2 2 guildies with the same issue since the last update. Told em to repair and havnt heard back from em but it could just be failed patching

That’s the notification I got at times from the launcher, failed patch or unable to download patch, but it would go away and still launch. Reinstall fixed it.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see your issue, you're using gap closers.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling