Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Showcases - Information on Pricing?

Ode2Order
Ode2Order
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

Every month I look forward to your crown store showcase article, and there are amazing things in there this month! However, I have noticed there is no information on pricing whatsoever in these articles. I wonder if you could add those to this month's and to all future showcases? This would make it easier for players to budget their crown spending, and possibly maximize your sales this way as well. I myself tend to let offers go in fear of not having enough crowns to get everything I want to have. Because what if I like next month's showcases better? This repeats itself every month. I'm sure I'm not the only one like this, but it's frustrating to sit on a pile of crowns and being too afraid to spend it (coming from a poverty background). A response on your part would be appreciated!

See you in Tamriel,

Ode2Order
  • Fightin_Irish_Johnny
    Just buy it all ! ;)

It may be that they have not decided on their pricing until it's actually about to be released. For me if I really like something I buy it with no regrets. If I can't afford another item later I remind myself how much I enjoy the item I bought.

I know it's tough sometimes and we are not suppose to have everything. I do invest a sizable amount of $ each month but honestly I really love the game. It has so much for a solo player to do and also offers the social aspect as well. I am so pleased with the art and detail the ESO - Bethesda teams put into every creation in this game. From the armor, weapons, mounts, homes etc etc.

It makes the outfit shop and different ways to personalize your character so much fun too. I am really enjoying the Notable home I purchased recently as well. The detail in everything ! so rewarding.

All the best..
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or don't buy a thing until they start fixing this scuffed game.
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy it all ! ;)

It may be that they have not decided on their pricing until it's actually about to be released. For me if I really like something I buy it with no regrets. If I can't afford another item later I remind myself how much I enjoy the item I bought.

I know it's tough sometimes and we are not suppose to have everything. I do invest a sizable amount of $ each month but honestly I really love the game. It has so much for a solo player to do and also offers the social aspect as well. I am so pleased with the art and detail the ESO - Bethesda teams put into every creation in this game. From the armor, weapons, mounts, homes etc etc.

It makes the outfit shop and different ways to personalize your character so much fun too. I am really enjoying the Notable home I purchased recently as well. The detail in everything ! so rewarding.

All the best..

That's great to hear! Unfortunately, not all of us can afford to sink money into the game each month. I agree with the content and art, though.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the reason is to make you impulse buy what you like, not to allow you to plan ahead.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    Actually, the reason is to make you impulse buy what you like, not to allow you to plan ahead.

Yep. They want to get you excited enough to justify the price. If you see the announcement and it tells you how much it costs you will have time to talk yourself out of it.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sueblue wrote: »

Yep. They want to get you excited enough to justify the price. If you see the announcement and it tells you how much it costs you will have time to talk yourself out of it.

Agreed. You see it in the showcase and then have days or weeks to think about how cool it looks and how much you want it, so by the time it's in the game and you're just moments away from owning it you're probably already attached to the idea of buying it and more likely to talk yourself into spending more than you'd expected (or more than you'd hoped it would be anyway) to get it. Real life stores will sometimes use similar tactics, probably the most common will be encouraging you to hold an item - either while speaking to you or putting the price somewhere you can only see it after you've picked it up. Because once you're holding it you're more likely to feel like it's practically yours, and so more likely to go ahead and buy it.

Of course like any marketing it can have the opposite effect, especially with people who are already cautious with their money. But I assume ZOS think the benefit outweighs the losses.

My advice, as someone in a similar situation, is this: firstly look out for the data mining topics that come up on this forum, they can give you some idea what will be in the crown store in future. Nothing which is data mined is guaranteed to appear and when they'll appear is even less reliable, some things can take months to be released while others are added almost immediately. But it can help you plan ahead.

Secondly as much as possible judge each item on it's own merits - don't buy something just because it's the only horse/dress/furnishing pack etc. you've liked for a while, but equally if there's something you really like don't hold out for a better one that might never come. (Unless you know one is coming thanks to the showcase or data mining of course.)

Finally use the time between the showcase being posted and the item being released to think about what it's worth for you. Since a lot of crown store items are purely cosmetic that will be highly subjective, but I'm sure you have some idea of what you consider a fair price for things. Then if it's below that get it (if it's a lot below that consider it a bonus), but if it's more than that don't buy it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    sueblue wrote: »

Agreed. You see it in the showcase and then have days or weeks to think about how cool it looks and how much you want it, so by the time it's in the game and you're just moments away from owning it you're probably already attached to the idea of buying it and more likely to talk yourself into spending more than you'd expected (or more than you'd hoped it would be anyway) to get it. Real life stores will sometimes use similar tactics, probably the most common will be encouraging you to hold an item - either while speaking to you or putting the price somewhere you can only see it after you've picked it up. Because once you're holding it you're more likely to feel like it's practically yours, and so more likely to go ahead and buy it.

Of course like any marketing it can have the opposite effect, especially with people who are already cautious with their money. But I assume ZOS think the benefit outweighs the losses.

My advice, as someone in a similar situation, is this: firstly look out for the data mining topics that come up on this forum, they can give you some idea what will be in the crown store in future. Nothing which is data mined is guaranteed to appear and when they'll appear is even less reliable, some things can take months to be released while others are added almost immediately. But it can help you plan ahead.

Secondly as much as possible judge each item on it's own merits - don't buy something just because it's the only horse/dress/furnishing pack etc. you've liked for a while, but equally if there's something you really like don't hold out for a better one that might never come. (Unless you know one is coming thanks to the showcase or data mining of course.)

Finally use the time between the showcase being posted and the item being released to think about what it's worth for you. Since a lot of crown store items are purely cosmetic that will be highly subjective, but I'm sure you have some idea of what you consider a fair price for things. Then if it's below that get it (if it's a lot below that consider it a bonus), but if it's more than that don't buy it.

Thank you for this elaborate reply! I appreciate you taking the time to give some solid advice that I will definitely take into account. <3
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To some it up with a little clip

https://clips.twitch.tv/LuckyHorribleBatPartyTime