Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Onslaught & Spriggans - Scalebreaker

ThePedge
ThePedge
✭✭✭✭✭
My view is from a StamBlades, but obviously please chime in with your class if the Onslaught change effects you.
Spriggans was a staple in No-CP PvP, however with the change to Onslaught Spriggans will be useless for the duration.
This gives an oppurtinity to run a Weapon Damage set.

Common WD sets have been changed; Seventh Legion, Veiled Heritance, Ravager and Senche, which makes them less favourable.
Fury has been nerfed, but kinda buffed for No-CP as its now all damage not only crits. So will be good in 1vX situations but not as good, timing it with Onslaught will be a disastrous combo but requires taking a lot of heat.

What will be good replacements?
Edited by ThePedge on August 7, 2019 10:36PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're the changes to truth?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I sucked big time with my stamblade, but if you use Shadowy Disguise Id try 1H-6M and stack WP like crazy. Your pen will suck, but you’ll get the most out of onslaught while it’s up.

Crit could be worth it too if you can get your crit above 41% and are a Khajit, if you can get your crit high enough adding minor force plus the shadow mundus could be good.

1805 crit resists is about 25% crit resistance; so khajit, shadow, and minor force lets you hit a 67% crit modifier against most builds.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 8, 2019 1:13AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggan and Seventh is my go-to set, but for CP PvP, StamDK here, I enjoy Deadly Strike. And if I'm on 2H/2H build, Sword-Singer all the way.

PS: I still think Spriggan is still a valid set. Remember bleed now affected by resistance, and so all DoT and attacks whenever Onslaught is inactive will still benefit Spriggan.
    Edited by Davadin on August 8, 2019 2:44AM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield breaker and Pirate/hulking drauger if Med, Fury if heavy. Kind of the same principal as corrosive using a sword instead of a mace, armor negligible so outright damage stack
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of right now I’m going to run a spriggan maul still but once I actually test it out on a broader scale than what you can do on PTS I might change it. I like still being effective outside of ultimate drops but with how the tanky meta has been I might end up going sword with as much weapon damage as I can stack and just turtle up until I can hit a dizzy swing, Ult combo on some poor soul.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah yes sword instead of maul. forgot about that. i wonder how the CP gonna get rearranged too.... less on penetration now, more on DoT?

personally i'm still sticking with Axe if they're buffing DoTs....

and for combo, i'd be stacking DoT right after Onslaught, THEN i'll spam executes/dizzy.

honestly, im still concerned with the amount of dodging, onslaught will be for naught..........
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally just build for pen in other ways because there’s no way I’m giving up dawnbreaker for my style of play. You can bring someone’s resistance down so much already so onslaught isn’t exactly needed when you can simply run high pen. Damage is going to be higher next update with less people running major protection. So in my honest opinion building for pen is still the best way to go.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a night blade, truth is extremely easy to proc.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Briarheart? Cloak gives guaranteed crit. Decent WD and uptime.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Shh...you want to get it nerfed?
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

37j4lr.jpg
    Edited by Davadin on August 8, 2019 1:20PM
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Just looked again, 10% chance not great anyway.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Truth is bad in noncp as you dont have access to the tactician CP passive (set people off-balance when you dodge their attack).
    In nonCP you can realistically only proc truth from either interrupting someones cast or if youre a nightblade, cloak + surprise attack.

On the other hand truth is gonna have insane uptime in CP PvP since you will set people off balance all the time with the tactician passive, ill go as far and say that truth is gonna be THE replacement for fury.
    90%+ uptime on 450 unbuffed weapon damage, that applies to all damage and healing you do, is gonna be nutty.
    I could see myself run that set on pretty much everything stamina-based in CP-PvP.
    So better get started farming weapons and jewelry.
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

Truth is bad in noncp as you dont have access to the tactician CP passive (set people off-balance when you dodge their attack).
    In nonCP you can realistically only proc truth from either interrupting someones cast or if youre a nightblade, cloak + surprise attack.

On the other hand truth is gonna have insane uptime in CP PvP since you will set people off balance all the time with the tactician passive, ill go as far and say that truth is gonna be THE replacement for fury.
    90%+ uptime on 450 unbuffed weapon damage, that applies to all damage and healing you do, is gonna be nutty.
    I could see myself run that set on pretty much everything stamina-based in CP-PvP.
    So better get started farming weapons and jewelry.

He's a night blade with cloak and sa. It's also my stamplar sleeper set with toppling. Procing truth as a nb is incredibly easy. It lasts 10 seconds and you control it, no rng.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on August 9, 2019 2:54PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, i never even heard of Armor of Truth before.

if there's no changes to this, totally farming the jewel and wep for my med build.... coz heavy build wont be rolling around, its the med...