The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Logout timer

Fiewiel
Fiewiel
✭✭✭
Im running 1 monitor and if I log a char out I normally alt+tab to read something. Short time later I switch back to ESO and log in with a new char.
Now some (one?) of my chars have a log-out timer of 10 sec. No idea why, but it prevents me from switching as alt is canceling the log-out.
Any idea why only one char has this logout timer and how I can disable it?
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »
    Im running 1 monitor and if I log a char out I normally alt+tab to read something. Short time later I switch back to ESO and log in with a new char.
    Now some (one?) of my chars have a log-out timer of 10 sec. No idea why, but it prevents me from switching as alt is canceling the log-out.
    Any idea why only one char has this logout timer and how I can disable it?

Far as I can tell it depends on whether you're in a city or not. If you're in a city you will log out immediately, if not there's a timer. This is pretty standard for mmos and I've never, in any game seen the option of disabeling it.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    This makes totally sense. All my chars are near bankers (which seem to be inside a city) and I only run around with one.
    I thought that vardenfalls city wayshrine, which is on the vardenfall city map, wouldnt make a change, but I just tested it and if I move to the vardenfall banker I dont have a log-out timer.
    This solves it. Thanks.