Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestions for Role-Play Lock

ThePedge
ThePedge
✭✭✭✭✭
If it is here to stay we have to compromise.

1. Faction change tokens. To be provided free because you made a drastic game change. Like Wrathstone and races.

2. Have it so we lock into the campaign for a faction, but all of your characters can join that campaign for that faction, despite what faction they are.
Maybe they don't get Alliance Rank XP, but you still earn AP.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    there are unlocked campaigns if your simply RP'ing you dont need to worry about the AP do you?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction change tokens would be lovely. I have a DC and an AD character I'd like to change to EP to match the other 9...
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock tokens would be good, but it won't solve the problems caused by faction lock.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Faction lock tokens would be good, but it won't solve the problems caused by faction lock.

It fixes one problem: "I can't play on the campaign I want with all my characters." Mind you, making faction lock account wide would do the same.

It doesn't solve other problems like:
    "I can't play with all my multifaction friends on the campaign I want."

That's been my issue with ZOS reinstituing faction locks after so long without them. I enjoy faction locks for greater cooperation and generally lower bad behavior I see in Cyrodiil, but I acknowledge that it really screwed over everyone who made multifaction friends/guilds while ZOS allowed them.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 Pact 5 star hot breton female roleplay characters on my locked Xbox EU account, they are both still holding the line in Vivec campaign, just works!
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are unlocked campaigns if your simply RP'ing you dont need to worry about the AP do you?

I'm not an RP'er, which is why faction Lock sucks. I should be able to play all my characters with the freedom I created them under.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

I'm not an RP'er, which is why faction Lock sucks. I should be able to play all my characters with the freedom I created them under.

you can there are non faction lock campaigns
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭

Correct and other campaigns have the same trees to hug, rocks to hump and exciting towers to run around and explore!
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct and other campaigns have the same trees to hug, rocks to hump and exciting towers to run around and explore!

There's only one No-CP campaign and it's locked.

CP PvP is a joke itself, and if you're talking about 7 day then I know you're not serious. They could scrap that campaign and no one would care. It's only used for Emp boosting.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's only one No-CP campaign and it's locked.

CP PvP is a joke itself, and if you're talking about 7 day then I know you're not serious. They could scrap that campaign and no one would care. It's only used for Emp boosting.

Also, not everyone plays at American prime which is the only time there is any hope to see more than just tumbleweeds in that server. Yeah, what a great option to choose from.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And Cyro has other players that you can zerg down with ease. Nothing is forcing you to chase the squirrel!

giphy.gif

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Roleplaying with npcs in a unpopulated campaign ? Fun times!!
    EU | PC
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree They should have allowed a one time alliance transfer per character if you had any race/any alliance for those that wanted all their characters in the same alliance.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    And Cyro has other players that you can zerg down with ease. Nothing is forcing you to chase the squirrel!

giphy.gif

I'm sure you're very capable with your "zerg" skills and outnumber many players with ease. It's obvious nothing is forcing me to chase the squirrel, why are you telling me this as somekind of news? It's very easy to counter a tree hugger, just turn your back and start playing flute, the hugger will be waiting behind the tree with the dumbarse Cyrodiil 2016 edition how to hug a tree hard strategy, usually they get frustrated while I keep on playing the flute, even better to turn your back to show the hugger is absolutely zero threat. With tower chickens it's very easy to start acting like chasing them, just start running towards them and they are already on the tower mid level or hugging the corner downstairs, now the tower chicken is quite surprised when I don't enter the tower even I was acting I was chasing, usually I start sweeping the stairs or play flute again, turning back while sweeping usually pisses them off and they might try attack once before running to the top of the tower. Obviously these tactics won't work so well when there's many of these zergohugglings, they get often brave enough and outplay me with their impressive huggling teamwork.

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

I'm sure you're very capable with your "zerg" skills and outnumber many players with ease. It's obvious nothing is forcing me to chase the squirrel, why are you telling me this as somekind of news? It's very easy to counter a tree hugger, just turn your back and start playing flute, the hugger will be waiting behind the tree with the dumbarse Cyrodiil 2016 edition how to hug a tree hard strategy, usually they get frustrated while I keep on playing the flute, even better to turn your back to show the hugger is absolutely zero threat. With tower chickens it's very easy to start acting like chasing them, just start running towards them and they are already on the tower mid level or hugging the corner downstairs, now the tower chicken is quite surprised when I don't enter the tower even I was acting I was chasing, usually I start sweeping the stairs or play flute again, turning back while sweeping usually pisses them off and they might try attack once before running to the top of the tower. Obviously these tactics won't work so well when there's many of these zergohugglings, they get often brave enough and outplay me with their impressive huggling teamwork.

If it's easy to counter them, then why are you complaining about them?
    Trying to get your comment count up or something?

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

This was my first post you quoted: "Correct and other campaigns have the same trees to hug, rocks to hump and exciting towers to run around and explore!", no complaints but just facts. You adviced me I'm not forced to chase the squirrel, which I know very well, then I mentioned few ways I play on different situations while not chasing the squirrel so basically I agreed with your statement. I had zero complaining on my posts, you're just a typical ego clown with your assumptions. Trying to get your posting buddy count up or something?
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

I challenge you to find good pvp in the unlocked campaign. Its been a wasteland for years unless you like flipping empty keeps for emperor. Unless you're really lucky you just end up riding around an empty map flipping resources in hopes that it attracts some attention or finding a small group of pvers who want to help their friend get the emperor costume.
    Edited by Zevrro on August 8, 2019 10:14PM
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove locks. Literally only caters to role players.
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was talking about this last night with guildies as AD was pop locked in 30day non CP to 2 bars DC/EP. Didn't really have options....7 day dead and 30 day CP is where some of our guys play their DC. Only ZOS could try and solve a problem that was occurring on the EU 7day CP campaign by faction locking literally everything other than the campaign in which the problem of mass faction swapping was occurring. Also funny to see vocal pro lock people complaining in other threads about lopsided campaigns.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping
    Less handing scrolls over to the enemy
    Less people abusing swapping to gain AP (ZOS' stated reason for reinstating faction locks)

But yeah, sure, it only caters to roleplayers...
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping
    Less people abusing swapping to gain AP (ZOS' stated reason for reinstating faction locks)

Nobody bandwagon’d. If anything most people would switch to the losing side to get more even fights and make the campaign more balanced. But role play zerglings are too delusional to see that
    Trolling is still the exact same as it was. Doesn’t stop anybody because people can just make alternate accounts.
    Emp swapping was only prevalent in the 7 day... which isn’t locked so it still occurs. Lol
    People still hand over scrolls but it’s just not as frequent.
    Complaining about people swapping to gain more AP is the most absurdly sad excuse I’ve ever heard. Sorry some of us like to use our AP gains to spend on things such as jewlery and materials to acquire gold from it.
    That’ or some of us want to play with friends on different factions.
    But of course, delusional role play zerglings just scream and cover their ears when confronted with facts.
    All your arguments aside from one are shallow and empty and have no support.
    Locks did nothing to fix these issues andeven if they did, they’re so minuscule it hardly even affected the game. Also the fact that people still care about campaign score shows how sad they are since the scoring system is completely broken due to things such as night capping.
    But keep making empty excuses.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

Nobody bandwagon’d. If anything most people would switch to the losing side to get more even fights and make the campaign more balanced. But role play zerglings are too delusional to see that
    Trolling is still the exact same as it was. Doesn’t stop anybody because people can just make alternate accounts.
    Emp swapping was only prevalent in the 7 day... which isn’t locked so it still occurs. Lol
    Complaining about people swapping to gain more AP is the most absurdly sad excuse I’ve ever heard. Sorry some of us like to use our AP gains to spend on things such as jewlery and materials to acquire gold from it.
    But of course, delusional role play zerglings just scream and cover their ears when confronted with facts.
    Locks did nothing to fix these issues andeven if they did, they’re so minuscule it hardly even affected the game. Also the fact that people still care about campaign score shows how sad they are since the scoring system is completely broken due to things such as night capping.

IDK if we played on different platforms or what, but...

On PC/NA, people definitely bandwagoned on the CP 30-day. Some swapped to the "underdog" and plenty swapped to the winning side.

And I know we've had the conversation about how faction lock makes it harder to troll. You even admit its "not as frequent." Nobody expects 100% reduction, but it absolutely reduces trolling.

And again, the whole abusing faction swapping to gain AP...I know I've linked the class rep comment saying that was ZOS' reasoning in past threads we've both been active on.

I don't care to argue this with you, again, since I'm just rehashing a debate we've had on earlier threads, and I don't expect to convince you of anything.

But ZOS didnt reinstate faction locks for roleplayers. They did it because they saw the opportunity to reduce behavior they didnt want in Cyrodiil, after many threads complaining about how the lack of faction lock exacerbated those bad behaviors.

Don't like faction lock?

You'd best start thinking about how you'll tackle those bad behaviors.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Found the zergling
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

giphy.gif

Found the zergling

Where are you?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

On PC/NA, people definitely bandwagoned on the CP 30-day. Some swapped to the "underdog" and plenty swapped to the winning side.

And I know we've had the conversation about how faction lock makes it harder to troll. You even admit its "not as frequent." Nobody expects 100% reduction, but it absolutely reduces trolling.

And again, the whole abusing faction swapping to gain AP...I know I've linked the class rep comment saying that was ZOS' reasoning in past threads we've both been active on.

I don't care to argue this with you, again, since I'm just rehashing a debate we've had on earlier threads, and I don't expect to convince you of anything.

But ZOS didnt reinstate faction locks for roleplayers. They did it because they saw the opportunity to reduce behavior they didnt want in Cyrodiil, after many threads complaining about how the lack of faction lock exacerbated those bad behaviors.

Don't like faction lock?

I’m on Xbox NA. Faction lock was a substantially negative affect on cyrodiil here. As stated on my previous post.
    Lock has done nothing to fix such bevahiors which most weren’t even an issue to begin with.
    Edited by frostz417 on August 9, 2019 1:50AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

Don't like faction lock?

I’m on Xbox NA. Faction lock was a substantially negative affect on cyrodiil here. As stated on my previous post.
    Lock has done nothing to fix such bevahiors which most weren’t even an issue to begin with.

I'm glad they werent an issue for you. I'm on PC/NA, where we werent so lucky, and the incidence of those behaviors has been much reduced since faction locks returned.

Anyways, we're not gonna convince each other, so there's not much point to contining to argue. Hope you have a nice day!
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Roleplaying with npcs in a unpopulated campaign ? Fun times!!

I mean we see it everyday on PC/EU. sometimes the NPCs hit harder though
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

It fixes one problem: "I can't play on the campaign I want with all my characters." Mind you, making faction lock account wide would do the same.

It doesn't solve other problems like:
    "I can't play with all my multifaction friends on the campaign I want."

That's been my issue with ZOS reinstituing faction locks after so long without them. I enjoy faction locks for greater cooperation and generally lower bad behavior I see in Cyrodiil, but I acknowledge that it really screwed over everyone who made multifaction friends/guilds while ZOS allowed them.

True, but the main problem is baked in population imbalances during off-peak.

Even though my chosen faction is painting the map in 30cp at night, this is bad, because a monochrome map says "go play RDR2".
    Zevrro wrote: »

I challenge you to find good pvp in the unlocked campaign. Its been a wasteland for years unless you like flipping empty keeps for emperor. Unless you're really lucky you just end up riding around an empty map flipping resources in hopes that it attracts some attention or finding a small group of pvers who want to help their friend get the emperor costume.

NoCP is that dead on XNA that I and another random a while back capped a couple of keeps in the hope that someone would show up. It actually takes quite a lot of time to take a keep with only two people. We both got bored when not one defender showed, and that was before faction locks.

I haven't been back since. Don't see the point.
    Edited by Mr_Walker on August 9, 2019 2:43AM
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

This was my first post you quoted: "Correct and other campaigns have the same trees to hug, rocks to hump and exciting towers to run around and explore!", no complaints but just facts. You adviced me I'm not forced to chase the squirrel, which I know very well, then I mentioned few ways I play on different situations while not chasing the squirrel so basically I agreed with your statement. I had zero complaining on my posts, you're just a typical ego clown with your assumptions. Trying to get your posting buddy count up or something?

* Makes generalised comment taking aim at players that los in fights or go into towers with a full on complaining attitude and denies it's a complaint.
    * Gets defensive against another comment.
    * States how easy it is to take care of them with a paragraph of heavy chest thumping.

...And I'm the ego clown?
    Edited by ellahellabella on August 9, 2019 3:09AM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And people who like:
    Less Bandwagoning
    Less trolling
    Less emp swapping

LOL. How gullible are you? These things were all (except perhaps trolling) most common in 7 day. The only campaign zos didn't lock, so we know they're very serious about addressing these issues, right?