Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP in Light Armor

DKMaestro
DKMaestro
✭✭✭
I only play Magicka toons. I am finding it harder and harder to survive in Cyro and BGs. Wearing only light, but have invested into resistances and also usually use a shield, but I get eaten up.

Are people splitting Brass or Armor master as jewelry/staffs to survive or actually going heavy?

Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the only way to use light without being a pushover is mistform or having streak/cloak. If you don't you're basically Nightblade food.

If you make the move to Heavy I advise Rattlecage as one of the sets to free up for either a DoT or elemental susceptibility.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run nord in fortified brass with bloodspawn. Dont really need a shield. Keep your armor buffs up and you're golden.
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I run nord in fortified brass with bloodspawn. Dont really need a shield. Keep your armor buffs up and you're golden.

What is your second set? Can’t do much damage unless you run a light armor set as secondary
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKMaestro wrote: »
    technohic wrote: »

What is your second set? Can’t do much damage unless you run a light armor set as secondary

Spinners. You can hit moderate damage. You need to layer damage. I dint think I would run the same on a burst build as an example
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Light armour op this patch. Don’t even need armour master just stack resources
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using Buffer of the Swift set? It reduces player damage by 10%
    Could also use Defending staves on top to increase your resistances. I'm usually comfortable with around 25k resistances.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    My light armour magblade has 57k-62k mag, 30k resistances across the Board, 2.8k crit resistances. My merciless has a 27k tool tip w/o harvest bonus.
    My magdk is roughly the same, 35k physical and spell, 55k mag, 3k crit resistanc. My whip’s tool tip is 20k.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's ur Crit resists? And general resists? What class / ward you using?

Since Nerfmire you need resistances. As a sorc i tried boundless, and ring traits, bloodspawn etc. Inpreg allows you different traits so other mitigation (roll dodge) but settled on Chudan, to save the skill slot and keep it up.

LA is very viable if you make a few adaptions.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    My light armour magblade has 57k-62k mag, 30k resistances across the Board, 2.8k crit resistances. My merciless has a 27k tool tip w/o harvest bonus.
    My magdk is roughly the same, 35k physical and spell, 55k mag, 3k crit resistanc. My whip’s tool tip is 20k.

What are you running on your magblade?

Buffed I am about 25K resistances and 44K Magicka. Magsorc here.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see how you get this at all. To get that mama you need to be in necro/crafty with no armor buffs. You will be at like what 10-12k? If you run all protective you get like another what 4-5k but really really hurt your max mag stack. If you stack into cp you miss all the other damage mitigation cp....

I'm curious what you running
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Necro, Bright Thraots and Bloodspawn on my Warden and can survive wuite well with heals and 1 shield.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So according to you, you run:
    Here’s my set up that I do open world solo play/bgs in
    5 BTB body (tri/or max mag)
    5 crafty alfiq infused inferno w shock/resto beserker
    2 bloodspawn
    Arcane spell damage glyphs and
    Double bloody Mara if I’m running all tristat glyphs or tri-stat drink if I’m running max mag

Do you have a screenshot of your stat sheet? I'm guessing you invest CP into Physical/Spell resistance.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    I am also curious about how you get 35k resistances and 55k mag. Best i can do is 25k resistances 50k mag with my magsorc and that is on the very limit of playable. Not even mentioning 62k mag 30k resistances nightblade.. Only way i can think of is using only max magicka food without health, full mag enchantments and ilambris + domihaus + alfiq + necropotence and then investing everything to resistances in cp. But that is of course a build without regen, without health, without stamina and without defense.
    Edited by albertberku on August 9, 2019 2:26AM
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I am gonna call BS. I would be happy with 50K Magicka and 25k resistances with 2500 SP unbuffed
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work on your positioning, blocking/dodging key attacks. You can get away with very squishy builds if you know what you're doing. Also remember to always keep your major resists up, I see a lot people getting confused why they got 100-0 when they had 0 buffs.