Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Your opinion on succesful set combinations

festher
festher
✭✭
I am just curious what people have succes’s using (gear only) for different classes. It dosent have to be bis og btb - thats interesting too but what you have had good succes running this patch :)

My stamblade 5M 1h 1m
2h/bow 5x briahheart and 5x spriggans 2x bloodspawn. Good damage but a little stamina hungry on bow bar

Magdk detro/s&b 5L 1h 1m
2x Bloodspawn 5x shacklebreaker 5x impregnable. Hard to kill and great sustane. I wanna try julianos on this with SB for more damage.
Edited by festher on August 5, 2019 8:31AM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best stamina set: fury
    Best mag set: bsw

If you’re not doing those then you’re joining the Meta for bg’s:
    1 defensive set + 1 set that kills for you
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • RebornRequiem
    RebornRequiem
    ✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

burning spellweave? The set is not really used much in PvP. I think bright-throat boast is the better choice there.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Melee magblade: Caluurion, Zaan, BTB, Breton, Steed mundus, all Swift, all magicka cost reduction, dual-regen drink (mag + stam), all prismatic enchants. Squishy af and not all that powerful, but high speed and no sustain issues makes for the most fun I've had on this character. Stamina - dodge roll - sustain on a magicka character is bliss and beats being tankier or having more magicka (better shields) in outnumbered situations. Not the best dueller, but effective in open world. I play mostly in CP. For no CP I am undecided between BTB and Shacklebreaker.
    Edited by fred4 on August 5, 2019 12:53PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a more general note: Many sets are interchangeable. Amber Plasm and Shacklebreaker. Julianos, Overwhelming Surge, Spell Strategist, Spinner. BTB, Alfiq, Necropotence. Buffer of the Swift, Fortified Brass, Armor Master, Wizard's Riposte, Pariah, Impregnable. All things being equal, you won't feel much of a difference between the sets in each category. That said, if you are vampire you might like Pariah. If you are a vampire templar, you might like Cyrodiil's Light. If you like dodge rolls, you might like Well-Fitted Impregnable, and so on.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    As a more general note: Many sets are interchangeable. Amber Plasm and Shacklebreaker. Julianos, Overwhelming Surge, Spell Strategist, Spinner. BTB, Alfiq, Necropotence. Buffer of the Swift, Fortified Brass, Armor Master, Wizard's Riposte, Pariah, Impregnable. All things being equal, you won't feel much of a difference between the sets in each category. That said, if you are vampire you might like Pariah. If you are a vampire templar, you might like Cyrodiil's Light. If you like dodge rolls, you might like Well-Fitted Impregnable, and so on.

Is there any reason behind a BTB ring costing 10 times the price of Afliq?
    They are very much alike and i dont see why recovery is increasing the value THAT much. Could get recovery in other ways while also having more magicka from alfiq

Afliq adds 5.848 Magicka.
    BTB 4.192 magicka and 279 magicka recovery
    Edited by festher on August 5, 2019 8:42PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/427111/stat-based-armor-set-rankings

BTB has a 5-piece effectiveness factor of 3. Alfiq only 2.33. BTB is objectively the better set, if you are building with a drink and are looking for some more magicka regen, which a lot of people do.

The top sets are only marginally better than others, but they fetch 10x the price, because they are the only sets that min-maxers will go for, as well as every noob reading a web-site or watching a YouTube video.

My own build is pretty extreme. Full Swift and Steed mundus for the speed, all cost reduction for out-of-combat cloak sustain, 2 proc sets with no regen, a heavy emphasis on casting Cloak and Race Against Time constantly. In my case only BTB fits the bill. I tried a bunch of other stuff. I used Deep Thoughts. BTB and Fisheye Rye allowed me to get rid of Deep Thoughts, opening up a spot on my back bar.

It depends on your playstyle. If you are, for the sake of the argument, a shield-stacking pet sorc with a vMA front bar, you're better off with Alfiq (on the back bar, where the shields are) + Necropotence. You don't need sustain, since you made lightning heavies one of your primary attacks, and you want the maximum magicka for your shields. Such a build would probably also use Double Bloody Mara or tri-stat food. Such foods are more stat-efficient than drinks, e.g. Witchmother's. They objectively give you more stats. However, if you prefer building for mag-sustain, as many people do, and you feel you have enough stamina from using tri-stat glyphs and, perhaps, Triune jewelry (also very stat-efficient), then BTB is a good set.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/427111/stat-based-armor-set-rankings

BTB has a 5-piece effectiveness factor of 3. Alfiq only 2.33. BTB is objectively the better set, if you are building with a drink and are looking for some more magicka regen, which a lot of people do.

The top sets are only marginally better than others, but they fetch 10x the price, because they are the only sets that min-maxers will go for, as well as every noob reading a web-site or watching a YouTube video.

My own build is pretty extreme. Full Swift and Steed mundus for the speed, all cost reduction for out-of-combat cloak sustain, 2 proc sets with no regen, a heavy emphasis on casting Cloak and Race Against Time constantly. In my case only BTB fits the bill. I tried a bunch of other stuff. I used Deep Thoughts. BTB and Fisheye Rye allowed me to get rid of Deep Thoughts, opening up a spot on my back bar.

It depends on your playstyle. If you are, for the sake of the argument, a shield-stacking pet sorc with a vMA front bar, you're better off with Alfiq (on the back bar, where the shields are) + Necropotence. You don't need sustain, since you made lightning heavies one of your primary attacks, and you want the maximum magicka for your shields. Such a build would probably also use Double Bloody Mara or tri-stat food. Such foods are more stat-efficient than drinks, e.g. Witchmother's. They objectively give you more stats. However, if you prefer building for mag-sustain, as many people do, and you feel you have enough stamina from using tri-stat glyphs and, perhaps, Triune jewelry (also very stat-efficient), then BTB is a good set.

Im not sure i fully understand what you are pointing out on that link and numbers.
    Alfiq is a set with a flat constant resource of magicka. How can this not be a consistant value for all or most things you do, compared to BTB, where the recovery is only good if you dont have enough magicka?
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you always use the recovery. From the first drain of magicka. For the whole fight you will use magicka to fight, recovery will be up 100% of the time, just like the max magicka. Crafty Alfiq is better if you have no sustain problems or you run a ganker or a glass cannon. Bright-Throat Boast is better for a brawler or a healer.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    festher wrote: »

Im not sure i fully understand what you are pointing out on that link and numbers.
    Alfiq is a set with a flat constant resource of magicka. How can this not be a consistant value for all or most things you do, compared to BTB, where the recovery is only good if you dont have enough magicka?
    Are you telling me you run base magicka recovery, something like 600? Are you happy with the maybe 1K magicka recovery you end up with from just Witchmother's alone? Then that's fine. However, as soon as you put a magicka recovery enchant on a piece of jewelry or you get it from a set-piece bonus, you have to consider whether that is the most efficient source of that stat.

Let's take an easier example. Supposing you have a build with all magicka enchants on gear, but your health isn't quite where you want it to be, so you put 60 points into magicka and 4 points into health in your attributes. That is an inefficient build, because there are tri-stat enchants and Triune jewelry traits. Instead of putting 4 points into health, you should put all into magicka and change a few of your gear enchants from magicka to tri-stat (Hakeijo) enchants. Those enchants give you 50% health, magicka AND stamina, compared to a normal enchants. Use a few of those and you end up with exactly the same health and magicka as before, but you have gained FREE stamina, which also happens to be useful in PvP.

Bright Throat's gives you more stats than Alfiq. You want to run the latter? That's fine, but as soon as you put even just 1x magicka recovery enchant on your jewelry and you use drinks, you should consider Bright Throat's instead. Bright Throat's allows you to replace the magicka recovery enchant with a Spell Damage enchant, which will make up for the magicka shortfall in terms of attacking and healing power and you will have better magicka recovery. There is a reason you might not do that, which is building for max magicka for bigger shields, but other than that your overall stats will be better with Bright Throat's.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magika Sorc:
    PVE - Necro+BSW+LLAMBRIS. Weakness: Only around 1750 mag recovery so need ele drain running or healer running mag orbs if you want spam abilities
    PVP - Cryodill SpellStrat+Julianos+1 Pc ShadowFen+1Pc Molag Kena or Chokethorn if extra magregen required. Weakness: A bit squishy so gotta play smart and evade when required, great for bursting people down
    PVP Battlegrounds - Brightthroat+SpellStrat+PirateSkelly - I don't think there is a big weakness on this combination, its a tanky build with good damage.

Edited by aLi3nZ on August 6, 2019 3:39PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    you always use the recovery. From the first drain of magicka. For the whole fight you will use magicka to fight, recovery will be up 100% of the time, just like the max magicka. Crafty Alfiq is better if you have no sustain problems or you run a ganker or a glass cannon. Bright-Throat Boast is better for a brawler or a healer.

I’d say a big WAS better. Any build running a drink instead of food is at a disadvantage.

I’d say Longfin pasty whatever is the baseline, if you go BTB and spring loaded or witchmother’s you’re at a disadvantage for max stats.

The way they’ve budgeted all the sets/drinks/foods makes all the sets that give magicka and stam amazing in pvp. I’d take advantage.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're running Longfin, what enchants do you have on your gear? All magicka? All stamina? Cause, if you're doing that, you could also go with Prismatic enchants, Spring-Loaded Infusion and BTB. Might even end up ahead. Haven't done the math, but just saying.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah on the one im using (necro/crafty) btb is def better if i am using drinks. On that build tho i run trifood and 3 wellfitted. I found with 12k stamina i cant dodge and block enough to cc break.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • BaByDontHurtMe
    BaByDontHurtMe
    ✭✭✭
    I think building for the future and all great stuff about Bright Throats, I think more than ever magicka players will need to consider more stamina numbers.

Stamina will be a bigger impact for magicka users next patch with more people testing and some groups running new circle of protection fear followed by root. So a possible scenario could possible be breaking free into a roll dodge to avoid ulti dumps more frequently.

Sure you can bubble up quickly and Sorcs unblockable streak will come in handy but for mag classes with less mobility, it is something to consider upping your current stamina numbers in a couple of weeks imo.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been running valkyn/spinners/lich with master destro on my sorc for over half a year. Bg build.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class sustain is going to make BTB or Crafty better than the other depending on needs.

My magplar can rock 1200 recovery and never flinch. My magblade needs 1700 currently on live and more in the next patch.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to use bright throat a lot, but stopped after they nerfed drinks. In the witches festival they’re releasing a good drink again so I’ll probably go back to bright throat.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I used to use bright throat a lot, but stopped after they nerfed drinks. In the witches festival they’re releasing a good drink again so I’ll probably go back to bright throat.

What are you using instead, I'm using desert rose at the min, procs alot giving very good resource return
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »

What are you using instead, I'm using desert rose at the min, procs alot giving very good resource return

Transmutation. It’s not ideal for offensive stats, but the 5 piece crit resists is good. With longfin food I end up with a lot more health and stamina then using witchmother’s.

Someone mentioned the witches festival drink with good stats was mislabeled and it’s actually a food. If that’s true I’ll probably use the new food, and BTB will be even more behind because of the drink limitation.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are very much alike and i dont see why recovery is increasing the value THAT much. Could get recovery in other ways while also having more magicka from alfiq

On top of the popularity and flexibility of the set, another reason is that epic BTB rings are harder to find, since there's no geyser/dolmen equivalent in Murkmire.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭

burning spellweave? The set is not really used much in PvP. I think bright-throat boast is the better choice there.

lol yeah bsw is essentially a required set. I have been attempting to replace it for years. literally multiple years of testing and jerking around and when it comes down to it when i wanna kill i slot bsw
  • NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭✭
    chris25602 wrote: »

lol yeah bsw is essentially a required set. I have been attempting to replace it for years. literally multiple years of testing and jerking around and when it comes down to it when i wanna kill i slot bsw

BSW on MagDK is so good in PvP! The synergies and damage is crucial.
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafty alfiq + Swift + BS on anything mag except Sorc is so good.
    On a Sorc you need a whole lot more sustain so I play with bright throats instead of swift.
    Edited by ItsNotLiving on August 28, 2019 3:56PM
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

alfiq drops from daily delves and dragons and dragon hunts and is very common. BTB rings only drop from blackrose prison or very rarely dailies.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grandma wrote: »

alfiq drops from daily delves and dragons and dragon hunts and is very common. BTB rings only drop from blackrose prison or very rarely dailies.

You can sometimes get them from chests/thieves troves in Murkmire. But, again, as you're implying it is still relatively rare to get them.