The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Balancing health, resist and crit resist in no-cp battlegrounds

festher
festher
✭✭
What is the recommended defence stats in no-cp BGs. Those 3 stats in particular. I feel my 1500 crit resist in no-cp is low. putting on inpreg is a whole other game, but lower dmg ofc.

Stamblade 5M, 1, 1 Briarheart/Spriggans/BS - all inpen and 20k HP (with drink buff outside BG)
Magblade 5L, 1, 1 Shacklebreaker/Julianos/Slimecraw - all inpen and 22k HP (with drink buff outside BG)

im currently trying to get Chudan for more resist. Maybe cut down on magicka/stam for more hp enchants?
Edited by festher on August 7, 2019 5:34PM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen is less important than you would think in no cp.

i personally strive for 26k hp, 20k resist and 3ximpen+reinf chest. That is tanky enough to survive most burst.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

i personally strive for 26k hp, 20k resist and 3ximpen+reinf chest. That is tanky enough to survive most burst.

Thats very tanky. With buff i get as much resist on my magdk but no near 26k hp

How do you get that high? How much stam/magcka do you have on top of that?
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20k stam / 11k magicka. 2 x procsets for damage.
    PC - EU
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

What? Impen is still important in no cp and wearing reinforced instead of impen is just a waste.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ~1750CR (7 pieces impen) and 22k HP on a magplar and it's no bother at all.
    Edited by BNOC on August 8, 2019 12:22PM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a magblade I aim for 2k magicka regen, 23k+ health, always all impen, and as much stamina as I can get.

That usually translates to:
    Always all impen (1805)
    Longfin pasty food
    All tri-stat glyphs
    A sustain set
    Mostly magicka recovery glyphs, maybe one or two spell damage glyphs

Once that’s all sorted, I transmute jewellery traits to protective until I can’t be ganked, trial and error.

All this will change with the upcoming patch. For magblade I don’t like slimecraw too, much better off with bloodspawn.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 8, 2019 12:40PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »

What? Impen is still important in no cp and wearing reinforced instead of impen is just a waste.

Sure, important and best default go-to. I said not AS important in no co (compared to cp).

Reinforced is on chest only, which in no CP is a very viable choice. It is more overall resistance, but of course less on an actual crit.
    PC - EU
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    What is the recommended defence stats in no-cp BGs. Those 3 stats in particular. I feel my 1500 crit resist in no-cp is low. putting on inpreg is a whole other game, but lower dmg ofc.

Stamblade 5M, 1, 1 Briarheart/Spriggans/BS - all inpen and 20k HP (with drink buff outside BG)
    Magblade 5L, 1, 1 Shacklebreaker/Julianos/Slimecraw - all inpen and 22k HP (with drink buff outside BG)

im currently trying to get Chudan for more resist. Maybe cut down on magicka/stam for more hp enchants?

I don't recommend going out of your way to build resistance in None CP PvP. Defensive strategies are a waste in my opinion - as skilled players will melt you regardless. It's just not very effective - except maybe during the rare as unicorn moments you find yourself in a 1v1 encounter.
    Edited by Jeremy on August 8, 2019 11:02PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impen on armor unless going for well fitted or sturdy

Major protection
    Minor Main
    Major expedition
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭
    wiered maybe but

my L armor magblade very tanky , same gear on my magdk- magdk very Fragile - both berton

For test i put forti_impreg+bs on magdk.... not aven close tanky as magblade with spinner+clever+skoria

So i change all to offence with high crit and ignore resist and crit resist , working way better
    burningSW+rattl+skoria

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avnr wrote: »
    wiered maybe but

my L armor magblade very tanky , same gear on my magdk- magdk very Fragile - both berton

For test i put forti_impreg+bs on magdk.... not aven close tanky as magblade with spinner+clever+skoria

So i change all to offence with high crit and ignore resist and crit resist , working way better
    burningSW+rattl+skoria

Different classes will have different outcomes with the same sets
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NeroTheDk
    NeroTheDk
    Soul Shriven
    What about heavy armor builds? I know about the seventh legion, fury set up. What overall resistance is do you think we should have so we can focus on sustain? Also what type of minimal amount of damage do you need in order to be effective? Like the actual stat.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is out of date, I was still playing a magblade and using protective.

Easiest thing to do is to go to Dottz or something and copy your class’ pvp build. Always all impen, never use protective, and focus less on build until you get the hang of pvp and more the tactics.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten