Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Power surge 5.1.4

• ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Divines Preserve ! What have they done ! This has to be the most useless ability in the game now. O.O They kept the pathetic amount of health it restores and trippled the cooldown + it only works on heals, which Sorcerer has none really. Who in the 8 planes of Aurbis is responsible for this non-sense ? :D

This is absolutely useless for healers and solo players alike. Please just delete the class already, end its suffering.

ru5m1qlf87l5.png

How do you activate a crit heal

It is poorly worded. It activates whenever one of your heals crit and it does not seem to matter who is critically healed by it, the effect will activate for everyone. However, 2500 health every 3 seconds does not bother anyone, neither does it make any difference.

???

2.5k is basically a usual HoT tick but this is an AoE heal and not just a ST one. With Healing Springs / Regeneration being up this will activate on CD.

The changes are great for Sorc healers the only question is the range it has. If it’s just 10m around the Sorc it’s bad, if it’s 20 or even 28m this skill is an amazing passive kind-if-HoT.

Definately not. 2,5k (which does not scale with your spell damage and magicka) every 3 seconds is very poor. My Grand healing heals for 1,7k every second unconditionally and my mutagen heals for the same amount. So no, Surge is not usual and is terrible for everyone.

It’s a cheap, passive, long duration AoE HoT. It’s far from terrible and I am very much looking forward to it. I think it’s quite good.

It’s only terrible if you compare it to skills you shouldn’t compare it to. It’s just an additional layer of healing on top of Grand Healing and Regeneration and basically Sorc‘s equivalent of Refreshing Path / Eruption etc.

This could be only said by a person who doesn't have, or doesn't care at all about his magSorc at all. It's like me trying to explain to DKs why Molten Weapon is far from terrible and wasting skill slot for just major Sorcery is just fine.
    From PvP perspective i don't think i'll ever see this skill used again, by anyone.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: »
    I'm speechless.

Nerf the Matriarch to a degree that basically removes that skills from the game.

Now the same for Crit Surge - but only the Magicka variant, of course, Stamina morph stays the same.

Why? Just why?

Noob streamers need it. They need stam sorc on orc not get impacted.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they have officially killed the Magsorc off, im off to find another game............Cyberpunk 2077 is out soon
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    they have officially killed the Magsorc off, im off to find another game............Cyberpunk 2077 is out soon

can i have your stuff?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo play is obviously being discouraged. You suck zos. As thats all i do these days.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    Solo play is obviously being discouraged. You suck zos. As thats all i do these days.

It's all I've ever done in ESO, and I don't plan on changing it.

But ZOS haven't discouraged solo play, at least not so far, as they realise that many people solo these days.

Edited by Aurie on August 6, 2019 11:54PM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

Nope. He might sell his account materials for money to recap. Why should he give his stuff free to you? Are you DC stam sorc on an Orc and run behind streamers ? Oh yeah you can play this game.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 7, 2019 12:18AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

Nope. He might sell his account materials for money to recap. Why should he give his stuff free to you? Are you DC stam sorc on an Orc and run behind streamers ? Oh yeah you can play this game.

I didn't ask you.
  • Alliedrex
    Alliedrex
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the disparity between this heal and other class heals based on the proc nature that it has. Every other class has a heal that is place and forget, that is, it heals despite what you are doing. This allows dps to easily slot one ability and be effective. ZOS has made surge true to sorc nature, a player must use multiple slots to have an effective class heal. The problem is, this heal is not scaled to reflect that trade off. Furthermore, the ability is limited in useful secondary effects that many other class heals contain (with the exception of dragonknight cinder storm which could also be looked at.) Altogether this ability feels lacking in strength with very limited scope with which the developers can balance.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

I didn't ask you.

Excellent answer . You're money is not stake right? Bark whatever. Some pathetic garbages in people skin always will feel happy at others misfortunes. Hey I am not talking to you. I just telling general.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 7, 2019 2:20AM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taloros wrote: »
    I'm speechless.

Nerf the Matriarch to a degree that basically removes that skills from the game.

Now the same for Crit Surge - but only the Magicka variant, of course, Stamina morph stays the same.

Why? Just why?

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa ! CALM DOWN LIL GUY ! Us Stam Sorcs don't double dip our chips in your dip. Don't do it to ours, we just wanted identity.

In other words don't be a HATER !
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

can i have your stuff?

No :)
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    I think in general the change to power surge is not a bad one - the idea of making one morph heal your group is cool and definitely something sorc can use (as its group support is quite low already). However, they should have definitely kept in mind what they are taking away - the single target option for mag sorc. There is two easy fixes: Either add major sorcery to crit surge - or, like @Dracane mentioned, make it heal yourself every one second and the others every three seconds. Sounds decent to me (The self heal part will still be lower than the crit surge one). Entropy also offers a decent heal, but it only lasts 10 seconds and will be annoying to keep up (and the other morph is just so much nicer)
    PS: I think the power surge group healing could be a bit better - every 3s is quite low and when compared to templar´s ritual, which does so much more and also heals for way more, I think it would be fair to reduce it to 2 seconds.
    Edited by RealPhoenix on August 7, 2019 8:51AM
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fr3ak1n0ut wrote: »
    I think in general the change to power surge is not a bad one - the idea of making one morph heal your group is cool and definitely something sorc can use (as its group support is quite low already). However, they should have definitely kept in mind what they are taking away - the single target option for mag sorc. There is two easy fixes: Either add major sorcery to crit surge - or, like @Dracane mentioned, make it heal yourself every one second and the others every three seconds. Sounds decent to me (The self heal part will still be lower than the crit surge one). Entropy also offers a decent heal, but it only lasts 10 seconds and will be annoying to keep up (and the other morph is just so much nicer)
    PS: I think the power surge group healing could be a bit better - every 3s is quite low and when compared to templar´s ritual, which does so much more and also heals for way more, I think it would be fair to reduce it to 2 seconds.

the heal is not the issue its the fact it will only proc from crit heal now not crit damage, im not a healer i dont want to be so how will i proc power surge without a resto staff reducing my dps doing so?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

I didn't ask you.

Excellent answer . You're money is not stake right? Bark whatever. Some pathetic garbages in people skin always will feel happy at others misfortunes. Hey I am not talking to you. I just telling general.

are you really that dense and holier than thou? get over yourself and read-

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=can I have your stuff?

can i have your stuff?

No :)

had to ask.
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    So what's stopping everyone that's complaining about solo play to just switch morphs to critical (since it heals more on you) and if your magical just using a potion or slotting an ability that gives you crit?

Critical surge appears to be for solo healing and power surge for aoe healing. That sounds like solid design to me (numbers not withstanding)

I'm not sure why people are making threads upon threads about it.

The only thing you would possibly change is it always give both versions of the crit buff but that's about it...
    Edited by sindalstar on August 7, 2019 9:44AM
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sindalstar wrote: »
    So what's stopping everyone that's complaining about solo play to just switch morphs to critical and if your magical just using a potion or slotting an ability that gives you crit?

Critical surge appears to be for solo healing and power surge for aoe healing. That sounds like solid design to me (numbers not withstanding)

The only thing you would possibly change is it always give both versions of the crit buff but that's about it...

Because skill slots matter. You can't just say to slot another skill to gain the same effect you had before in one skill.
    Power Surge wasn't all that great to begin with, at least not in PvP. Now it will never be used.
    Also, Crit surge will us weapon crit mod instead of spell crit like it used to, so 100% not worth a slot on mag spec.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Power Surge pretty much got a huge nerf for solo sorcs in pvp imo, I get what they(zos) gave to sorc healers, but i dont think ZOS gets what they took away from sorcs in pvp. To fix this, they should either revert the change or give major sorcery buff to the base skill (so both morphs had it)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Power Surge pretty much got a huge nerf for solo sorcs in pvp imo, I get what they(zos) gave to sorc healers, but i dont think ZOS gets what they took away from sorcs in pvp. To fix this, they should either revert the change or give major sorcery buff to the base skill (so both morphs had it)

It's hit solo PVE Sorcs too, you know!

And yes, giving Major Sorcery to the base skill (and thus to Crit Surge) would be the logical move.

Edited by Aurie on August 7, 2019 10:15AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just add sorcery to crit surge too and everyone will be happy.
    Your welcome.
  • sindalstar
    sindalstar
    ✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    So what's stopping everyone that's complaining about solo play to just switch morphs to critical and if your magical just using a potion or slotting an ability that gives you crit?

Because skill slots matter. You can't just say to slot another skill to gain the same effect you had before in one skill.
    Power Surge wasn't all that great to begin with, at least not in PvP. Now it will never be used.
    Also, Crit surge will us weapon crit mod instead of spell crit like it used to, so 100% not worth a slot on mag spec.

Where does it say critical surge will only works with physical crits? The tool tip just says 'when you critically strike's

I'm not asking to bully I'm asking when or if it works that way.

• Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fr3ak1n0ut wrote: »

Absolutely this! ^^^ At this point I would rather add major sorcery to Crit Surge. My hope is that these changes will be applied at launch (sometimes ZOS throws in a last minute change after the last patch notes). If not, they will have taken one of the most popular (yet definitely not overpowered) skills in the game and thrown it in the bin.
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

Where does it say critical surge will only works with physical crits? The tool tip just says 'when you critically strike's

I'm not asking to bully I'm asking when or if it works that way.

Yes, it works on magic crits too. Problem is that we would either have to compensate for the major sorcery by slotting another skill (losing another skill) or running spell power pots (expensive). If this change were to go through, I think I would slot Crit Surge while stacking 1000 Cyrodiil spell power pots for random content and crafted ones for serious raids etc. We could still make it work but it would be absurd.
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Soooo. If we are to be real about this skill being meant for a sorc healer....to take proper advantage of this skill the sorc will need to stack crit. Do you see any trial healing sets with crit?

We will be pushed towards crit sets such as Mothers sorrow instead of traditional healng sets that buff the group or debuff the enemy....

That in itself is a trade off and Im oretty sure sorcs wont be invited to trials as a result...

Limited thought has gone into this.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight.

Next patch my favorite character - my lightning mage - will be seeing his shields become even more crap, see a huge reduction in the effectiveness of his AoEs, and no longer get major sorcerey from his lightning magic?

This. This is the kind of crap I feared seeing in this game. Crap that rips identity out of my characters. The stupid power gamers won’t be hurt by this nearly as much as players like me.

I think I’m done with this game.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much spell crit does a stam sorc have?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    How much spell crit does a stam sorc have?

Irrelevant because skill scales with either
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    Magsorcs sources of healing for PvE:

1- Matriarch. It takes 2 slots and does really few damage. Still, will heal around 7-8k up to 3 targets and it´s instant. Probably not a good solution for serious DPS content but might work in 1 tank + 3 DDs dungeons.

2 - Critical Surge. It gives around 3k per second if you keep getting crits. Not bad, although a bit expensive for what it does. Not a heal on command and while it works best with shields, with shield nerfing looks like a very expensive combo for a class with serious sustain issues. Not adding Major Sorcery but you should get that from Degeneration.

3- Dark Conversion. Heals you for 7-8k and gives some nice magicka. The only issue is the casting time, it will take 2 GCDs meaning a big loss to DPS. Could work in fights where you have to stop DPSing but also takes stamina out and you could need that stamina on that fights. Been saying that should be instant to create a good selfheal even if they nerf the magicka regen a bit.

4- Potions (duh).

5- Resto staff. I know, it´s horrible for DPS but brings alot of healing power (another question is if a Sorc can sustain it). Maybe for those runs where is no healer... i think a dedicated healer will still do more wellness to the party, but who knows.

All of these options are absolutely ridiculous, especially if (like me) you don't run pets. The genius of power surge was the fact that you healed yourself while doing damage without recasts or double-slotting. It was ideal for both group and solo play. This version is absolutely trash! At least they could have added major sorcery to Crit surge and make it more focussed on single-target survivability on both magicka and stamina.

I am so mad! I am literally fuming!!! Why on earth did they sneak this change in on the last patch before release?!! I have put up with these sort of things for years, but this one has really struck a nerve.

They tend to hide the most heinous nerfs to the last patch so people don't have time to react and stop them before it's too late.

Your only true feedback is to follow my example and just unsub until they get sane again.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

can i have your stuff?

What a beggar, asking for stuff to everybody in every thread you post to.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

can i have your stuff?

What a beggar, asking for stuff to everybody in every thread you post to.

It's more of a meme than anything, "can I have your stuff" implies "I don't really care you're quitting, you can do what you want, but can I have your stuff before you go, no sense in it collecting dust."

It's not like he's begging in zone chat for gold, at least I don't think he is lol.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit