Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Power Surge change?

albertberku
albertberku
✭✭✭
Hello devs, have you ever been to Cyrodiil? Have you heard something called magicka sorcerer before? Did you know that PvP exists in this game? Do you know that bar space in a magsorc is a big problem? Do you know that only heal that can crit reliably magsorcs using are power surge? So, nice idea, let it proc from heals, .........which does not exist??? You did it for PvE? I am sure every healer will change to sorc with this amazing new group heal. thank you.
Edited by albertberku on August 5, 2019 11:56PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Structured entropy.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    you dont get it, there is no place in a magsorc`s bars. Spammable, curse, streak, frags, sorc shield, light armor shield, resto shield, lightning form, power surge. 9. And i havent counted dark exchange, fury or even another cc for distance play. And yes, 3 shields are needed. There is 1 spot left: which one are you going to use? fury? cc? inner light? aegis? dark exchange? There is absolutely no spot for another heal just to proc your main heal. This is beyond stupid.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    you dont get it, there is no place in a magsorc`s bars. Spammable, curse, streak, frags, sorc shield, light armor shield, resto shield, lightning form, power surge. 9. And i havent counted dark exchange, fury or even another cc for distance play. And yes, 3 shields are needed. There is 1 spot left: which one are you going to use? fury? cc? inner light? aegis? dark exchange? There is absolutely no spot for another heal just to proc your main heal. This is beyond stupid.

Don't use surge. Use structured entropy.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    heal from structured entropy is nothing compared to surge. You cant stay alive with structured entropy. It is really a lame skill. Short, needs target, does nothing. They just erased power surge from pvp with the recent change.
    Edited by albertberku on August 6, 2019 12:10AM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    heal from structured entropy is nothing compared to surge. You cant stay alive with structured entropy. It is really a lame skill. Short, needs target, does nothing. They just erased power surge from pvp with the recent change.

I get 2.5k heals every 2 seconds from SE, that and an amazing dot and major sorcery. But hey, you seem to be the type that nothing will every be good enough. We had the same kind of folks back when they changed surge from a percentage based heal based of your crit to the flat heal of the last couple years. You will still complain about anything and everything different. Thanks for your replies though.
  • albertberku
    albertberku
    ✭✭✭
    how do you get 2.5k every 2 seconds from structured entropy, dude? It is 2k heal in 6 sec, and that is only two times. You get 1 time 2k, and then 2 times 2k in 12 sec. And whole skill duration is 20 seconds. You get 2,5k every sec with power surge for 33 sec. So, in total with SE you get 6k heal in 20 sec, with power surge you get 60k heal in 30 sec.
    Edited by albertberku on August 6, 2019 12:23AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Structured entropy.

PvE too?
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New power surge looks really interesting, maybe heal/support magsorc might be a thing, could be cool. Offensive magsorc still has excellent options for self-healing and major sorcery.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on August 6, 2019 4:54PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has to make sure mag is worse than stam at all costs. You didn't get the memo the last 6 patches?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Structured entropy.

PvE too?

i mean, yeah, you are going to be running entropy anyways, the dot is simply too good to pass up, you are only losing at best 200 regen, if you can weave good, for ~1.2k hps. seems good to me.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought id see the day a thread complaining about magsorc survivability.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    how do you get 2.5k every 2 seconds from structured entropy, dude? It is 2k heal in 6 sec, and that is only two times. You get 1 time 2k, and then 2 times 2k in 12 sec. And whole skill duration is 20 seconds. You get 2,5k every sec with power surge for 33 sec. So, in total with SE you get 6k heal in 20 sec, with power surge you get 60k heal in 30 sec.

here is the tooltips from the pts on my petsorc

06nH0TS.jpg

1.3k base doesnt sound like a lot but look at the healing you get on a 6 mill dummy-

sSp26pe.jpg

almost 1.1k a second, AKA, 2.2k heals every 2 seconds.

on the trial dummy-

azHv6QU.jpg

1250 hps. AKA 2.5k heals every 2 seconds.

for reference, here is live power surge-

6 mill dummy-

MHm5zKT.jpg

2.6k hps

and on the 21k dummy-

gLI5Cmw.jpg

2.8k hps

so, yes, not a small nerf(like 60% less) to self healing in pve. i know i will making the switch to SE from power surge and still use the matriarch, the dps loss of the matriarchs damage is completely offset by using structured entropy, at least on my build.

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Structured entropy.

PvE too?

i mean, yeah, you are going to be running entropy anyways, the dot is simply too good to pass up, you are only losing at best 200 regen, if you can weave good, for ~1.2k hps. seems good to me.

I don't think he has read any thing but the change to power surge. He seems to be completely unaware of bc the entropy change.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that sorcerer could use Surge to buff up outside of combat. Now you won't have the buff untill you engage.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Structured entropy.

PvE too?

I don't think he has read any thing but the change to power surge. He seems to be completely unaware of bc the entropy change.

Correct. I had never really ran it much before so although I heard it would be run along with other DoTs next update. Im just starting to relearn Magsorc after 2 years of shelving the one I built shortly after PC launch, so im a bit clueless as to how others set up their bars and how I want to set them up, with all the double or single barring combos that are possible.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Structured entropy.

PvE too?

Thanks. Im still trying to get the weaving down to sustain properly. I never really played Magsorc in the last 2 years-ish and still working on a comfortable bar setup balancing skills I need with ones want.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm interpreting the patch notes wrong but the new power surge looks mean when paired with the new rapid regeneration and it being able to proc off of it. Gives the potential for lots of healing. I think they are trying to move sorc and other classes away from shield stacking as primary means of defense.
    Edited by NuarBlack on August 7, 2019 2:15AM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get 2.5k heals every 2 seconds from SE, that and an amazing dot and major sorcery. But hey, you seem to be the type that nothing will every be good enough. We had the same kind of folks back when they changed surge from a percentage based heal based of your crit to the flat heal of the last couple years. You will still complain about anything and everything different. Thanks for your replies though.

Dude are you a paid for ZOs ? Seriously I am asking. Where are you getting this stupid stats and lies ? Can you get out of here rather than filling forums with stupid lies . You have nothing to offer to the discussion.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on August 7, 2019 3:01AM
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New power surge looks really interesting, maybe heal/support magsorc might be a thing, could be cool. Offensive magsorc still has excellent options for self-healing and major sorcery.

How many trolls this forum have ?
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Read the patch notes before shouting please you muppet.